• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
Well, I suppose it's about time I start my Plog here:

I'm going to keep this organized, so this first post will just be an index and background post

Backstory for the army:
TO BE WRITTEN

CHARACTERS:
TO BE WRITTEN

Also, kudos to anyone who gets the reference for the thread's title 😉

Last edited:

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
Now the stuff I've been working on:

Some of the old Von Carsteins (and wing dude)
4dnvzSD.jpg

Shordemaire (Prince Vhodrai's Mount) [Creature Caster Zombie dragon if you're interested]:
KOoTeAx.jpg

Blood Knights:
9RMfB3H.jpg

Custom base for Mortarch Mannfred:
HvXKZMy.jpg
oQWnOiy.jpg
(because the attachment point being the spindly tail and the Spirit Hosts terrifies me)

No rules for it in AoS (yet), but every army needs a banner!
xvzR8Qm.jpg

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Firstly I was all excited to expand the background sections only to cry when they are to be written! 😭

I really cool collection of models. I think some of the older vampire models were still some of the best (although I never quite got on board with baldy Mannfred!), and like the dragon you've found. Will be great to see when you've got them painted up. Nice work on the skellies and varghulf as well

• Haha
Reactions: Gederas

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
Firstly I was all excited to expand the background sections only to cry when they are to be written! 😭

I really cool collection of models. I think some of the older vampire models were still some of the best (although I never quite got on board with baldy Mannfred!), and like the dragon you've found. Will be great to see when you've got them painted up. Nice work on the skellies and varghulf as well
Sorry for the tease, but a good tease is needed 😉

In any case, thanks! Though, I've painted a Vargskyr, not a Varghulf. Close, but not the same. And I only got count Mannfred because I saw that all the Vampire Lords were going LCtB so I was like "yoink" for all of them. Because I always liked all of those models, but wasn't sure about them.

They're also smaller than new models. Or at least Isabela is.

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
That's a head from Puppetswar, right? I think he's gonna turn out great!
Indeed it is, one of the "Noble Vampire" heads from Puppetswar.

I figured out what to do with the left arm at least:

I'll be having him holding the "Ancient Chalice", which I'll make from the Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest model's goblet:
99070101008_BASanguinaryPriest01.jpg

Additionally, I've done some work on the other vampires from the Crimson Court:

Ennias Curse-born was turned into a Dunmer from The Elder Scrolls (seriously, that was my first thought after seeing him) by doing a simple wing-clipping:
qRpgyqQ.jpg

Turned Vellas von Faine into a female Vampire Lord:
dg0D7oN.jpg

And made Prince Duvalle into a vampire lord with an arm swap and changed what he's standing on. I'll likely add some stuff to make his silhouette even more different from the base model:
0TSrrHO.jpg

Last edited:

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
D'oh, I'm still catching up!

Maybe a daft question...do the models come red now instead of grey? 🤔
Boxed game and/or Easy to Build models tend to be coloured plastic.

In Cursed City the Heroes are this tan-grey plastic, but the baddies (our dudes) are all grey.

The Crimson Court, being an ETB kit and for Underworlds, are in coloured red plastic. It's apparently to be an easy way of "getting into a game" and making it easy whose models are whose

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
Gosh you're making me want to hunt down another box, the conversion potential for all of them is too good! These are excellent!

And yes Disciple of Nagash a lot of the smaller kits/ETBs etc are colored, so Stormcast are gold plastics, Ultramarines blue, etc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu