• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Jun 29, 2021
Hi everyone, Tyler from Mengel Miniatures here! I always love a good forum and I used to post on the old Tomb Kings one all the time. Even though I post everything on social as well as my own site I figured I would make a thread here as well.

the Soulshard Expanse is my own little corner of Shyish for all my traditional Death armies (my TK are in the Endless Deserts). I came up with the name because all of my Death models have purple crystals on their bases which are supposed to be crystallized Death magic. I got that idea from the Mortarch of Night audio drama. I hope to actually flesh out the setting a bit more in the future, but for now I’ll use this thread for my Nighthaunt, Gravelords, and Bonereapers armies.

to kick it off here’s my latest conversion, a “Necromancer Lord” for my Gravelords. I’ll run him as a Vampire Lord in normal games, but I also plan on using the Anvil of Apotheosis rules to give him a custom Warscroll.

DAE67546-9CD8-40FD-84A4-7DBF0B7137C7.jpeg

9611913E-754C-4E74-87AF-3D17FF609ACB.jpeg
D0F1B3B8-B77F-4602-A7E7-8B476BC2B085.jpeg
C9D29719-B797-4126-8BBC-0F54C5A3B15D.jpeg

He’s based off the new Swampcaller Shaman mini from the Dominion set, which GW sent me for review.

Hope you like him and I’ll post up some more of my stuff soon!

Tyler M.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
First of all, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here! 🙂

Now that is one wicked looking Necromancer! Love the addition of the bird as well. To me, the Shaman is by far the best Kruleboyz model in the box, and now I'm proper tempted to steal it from my brother who I split the box with. 😁

Reactions: Mortarch Mengel

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Welcome Mengel, it's great to have you here! You are more than welcome to post links to your Painting guides here as well, they are really good!

The necro looks great! Awesome job on the conversion, I love all the details🤩.

Cheers,
Sunny

Cthulhu

Grave Guard
Jan 22, 2012
That looks amazing, all your little additions and tweaks fit in so well. If the shaman gets an individual release I'd be very tempted to try something similar with the model!

Darnok

Zombie
Aug 24, 2021
Spectacular conversion!

I think the head is a bit on the small side... but it is a necromancer, so why not? Can't wait to see it painted!

Loki Ragnarok

Zombie
Sep 10, 2021
Hi everyone, Tyler from Mengel Miniatures here! I always love a good forum and I used to post on the old Tomb Kings one all the time. Even though I post everything on social as well as my own site I figured I would make a thread here as well.

the Soulshard Expanse is my own little corner of Shyish for all my traditional Death armies (my TK are in the Endless Deserts). I came up with the name because all of my Death models have purple crystals on their bases which are supposed to be crystallized Death magic. I got that idea from the Mortarch of Night audio drama. I hope to actually flesh out the setting a bit more in the future, but for now I’ll use this thread for my Nighthaunt, Gravelords, and Bonereapers armies.

to kick it off here’s my latest conversion, a “Necromancer Lord” for my Gravelords. I’ll run him as a Vampire Lord in normal games, but I also plan on using the Anvil of Apotheosis rules to give him a custom Warscroll.

View attachment 60265

View attachment 60266
View attachment 60267
View attachment 60268

He’s based off the new Swampcaller Shaman mini from the Dominion set, which GW sent me for review.

Hope you like him and I’ll post up some more of my stuff soon!

Tyler M.
Beautiful. I always love the wilder-looking necromancer takes and you really did something great here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu