• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Capt's Corrupt Chaos Chaps!

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
So the list:

10 Chaos Space Marines, 2x Meltas, MoK, Champ, powerfist
10 Chaos Havocs, 4x metlas, MoS, Champ, P sword, Rhino
9 Khorne Beserkers, Champ, powerfist, Rhino
9 Khorne Beserkers, Champ, powerfist, Rhino

2 Deamon princes, Wings
Greater deamon
Chaos Lord, Deamon weapon
1 Vampire Lord

I have taken some before pics but my laptop has fallen out with my phone and put the bluetooth button somewhere I can't find it (it was there when I turned it on), and I've put my camera cable somewhere I can't find it :) I will have another go at adding pics at a later date, for the time being I will wait for my phone and laptop to make up.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Will you be using the new Daemon Prince models? If so, I will definitely be following your plog closely.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sanai said:
Will you be using the new Daemon Prince models? If so, I will definitely be following your plog closely.
Unfortunatly not, I'd just got my deamon princes and started converting just before they annonced the new ones. They're the two assasins from inquisiter (with added wings).

Pictures are on there way, probably later today.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
So some before pictures, not all of them but enough for the time being. Sorry for the pics they where taken off my phone ill be using a camera once I get round to finding it.

Deamon Princesses, greater deamon and vampire lord. The greater deamon is up to be resprayed.

My converted Chaos Lord and 2 rhino's

Boxes...some marines 5-10

I did some work on my Vampire Lord this afternoon - Any tips on painting weapons appreciated, i'm not doint to well atm with them

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I do my weapons a couple different ways....my favorite, and most frequently used, is to paint the weapon boltgun metal, and then wash it with badab black. A different one is to paint it chain mail and wash it with devlan mud. The last way, and least used is a chainmail weapon with a thinned asurman blue wash. Depending on the model, I will also go the next brighter silver to highlight the sharp edges of the sword before washing it.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Those Daemon Princesses look fantastic, and the painting on that sartosan vampire (one of my fave models) is excellent. Keep up the good work.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Thanks guys.

The deamon pincesses are the inquisiter assasins with brentonian pegasus wings added:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290364&prodId=prod1110235 assasins

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1200019&prodId=prod1280034 - wings

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
The vamps looks awesome CRD - I can't recall seeing a paint log of yours yet, it seems you have been hiding your talent!

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
The vamps looks awesome CRD - I can't recall seeing a paint log of yours yet, it seems you have been hiding your talent!
I'm usually far to lazy to paint to my best standard so it rarely happerns (it also takes far to long)

I have now pretty much finished the vamp so expect pictures in the near future.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Some some more pictures of my Vampire Lord

From Behind

Face

I couldn't get a clear shot of the face and body together so I did 2 seperate ones

Hey Look Photobucket does effects...

uga bug

Black Knight
wow. That cloak looks superb!
I like your style of highlighting as well, gives it a very atmospheric look in my opinion.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I love how you pulled of that red neon glow effect all over the mini. Makes it look deliciously evil.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Did not know photobucke did that! thanks. Also the vampire looks great with a very good looking cloak that really fits the look.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Mmm Delicious! Great work on him!:thumbsup:

A question, are you going to paint his eyes? That would be the dot over the i. :)

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Boo said:
Mmm Delicious! Great work on him!:thumbsup:

A question, are you going to paint his eyes? That would be the dot over the i. :)
I am far too scared :Vampire1:...I really need to do the face first next time

I have some CSM pictures to put up in a bit (before and after), maybe some more of the vamp if I feel brave enough to do the eyes.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Well I did paint the eyes in the end:

Another picture of the back of his cloak but it hasn't changed

Has anybody got any tips for getting the camera to focus on the whole model, I can't seem to be able to make it do it.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I love the blood red eyes he looks truly evil and a little unsettling. As for the camera focusing on the whole model I still have issues with that too.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Just seen your vampire and it is great, you should be really pleased. How are you going to paint your chaos marines?

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Thanks,

Ummm generally blue :) I won't be painting them to anyway near the standard for the vamp, ill probably do a couple of blue highlighs then dark gold for the metal trim, then maybe some red bits (i'm thinking weapons).