• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Carrion Empire - new boxed set with FEC, including a new vampire

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Nobody posted anything about this, so I will.

A new boxed set got teased during the Open Day lately - The Carrion Empire. It's about Skaven and Flesh-eater Courts fighting each other - and it includes a new hero for each faction. The undead got a completely new Abhorrant Archregent (or a Strigoi Ghoul King) - a good model to accompany the kinda-old one from the Terrorgheist kit. I think he looks amazing ;)

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwhc-cdn.games-workshop.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2FNYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CarrionEmpireArchregent9rbgdnsj.jpg&hash=637ad9246e6ac98188dc41d806076994

You can find the trailer in THIS Warhammer Community post (below 40K and new goblins).

It reminds me of the Blightwars boxed set which was about Stormcasts fighting Nurgle Demons - and sometime after that, those factions got expanded. It could be just a coincidence because both of those are popular and would get updates nonetheless, but it still gives me some hope for new ghouls, vampires and rats! :)

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Nice to see a new vampire of any kind! Will be interesting to see if they update flesheaters or not would open the door for the other 1st ed battletomes.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
It reminds me of the Blightwars boxed set which was about Stormcasts fighting Nurgle Demons - and sometime after that, those factions got expanded. It could be just a coincidence because both of those are popular and would get updates nonetheless, but it still gives me some hope for new ghouls, vampires and rats! :)
Exactly, GW uses this tactics in 40k as well. And yeah, I also think they both can get some updates down the line after that, maybe even new book for ghouls and a book for the clan Skryre. Would be nice.