• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
So I'm about half way through at the moment and stumbled on what was probably a throwaway but wondered what everyone else thinks and of the book in general.
"Set down in Robert de Guilliam's great compendium of martial lore, the codex imperialis"
Now when I first read that it didn't sit too well with me as these days I think it's best to keep 40k and fantasy apart. Other then that I'm quite enjoying the book.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
They've always had those little snippets in there. Personally I feel like it devalues WHFB when they do it, so I don't really like it, but that's just my grumpy old opinion. It's pretty harmless.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Just finished it and to be honest I'm somewhat disappointed. The glotkin get pasted by super Franz and then it just ends with Altdorf ruined and nobody being sure what has happend. And Vlad scampering away after poisoning himself on Otto glott's dirty blood. Return of Nagash only went up to the point Nagash got resurrected but felt more satisfying and the end times Nagash fluff book gave more detail and went onto what happend next. Seems severing the law of death has been good for everyone but chaos at the moment.

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
Where does Vlad run away to? Is there any mention of Abhorash? What about the traitorous knights of Blood Keep? I have to ask these questions because I couldn't get hold of the book!

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Vlad gets poisoned and Burst's into a cloud of bats, perhaps going back to sylvania. No mention of Abhorash at all in this one (he is sort of mentioned in return of Nagash) as for te blood knights they seem to have all been wiped out. But vampiric knights crop up everywhere now. However the whole blurring of blood knights and blood dragons is really bothering me now.

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing that info. I'm really glad those treacherous bastards got what they deserved, although I was surprised they would even turn to Chaos in the first place, I would have thought they would think themselves above servitude to Gods. How dare they betray Nagash! :)

Also yes, the Knights of Blood Keep aren't the only Blood Dragons, and Walach Harkon was only one of Abhorash's disciples, he had many others. It is stupid how GW are making it seem as though the Ordo Draconis are the only Blood Dragon vampires. I'm curious however; by Return of Nagash do you mean the first End Times book or the novel, and how is Abhorash mentioned?

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
The first end times novel. He's mentioned as paying for la masiontal abbey to be built to repay a debt to Giles Le Breton and ending Arkhan's life first time around. And he's mentioned by manfred as a terror such as no longer walks this world. He was known as the Dragon (which Abhorash is referred to in the ToL novels) and Manfred says despite their falling out some years later he is greatful to him.

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
Interesting... very interesting. I'm hoping that Abhorash will make a proper appearance of some kind. There's been too much focus on the bloody Von Carsteins lately which really vexes me; I don't like those backstabbing megalomaniacs. The Ordo Draconis got a little bit of limelight in the first End Times book but as we know they turned to Chaos for no good reason.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm split down the middle with wanting Abhorash and not. He deserves to feature in the end times but I don't think they'd do him justice rules wise.
One thing I found odd about the book is only Vlad is taking part, the other mortarchs are nowhere to be seen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu