• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Golden Bat Competition 2014 - The Results!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I am very pleased to announce the results of the Golden Bat Competition 2014!

Firstly I would like to apologise, there have been a few mistakes this year on my behalf. I am trying to spend more time on the forum, however juggling this with family and work has been testing at times. For some reason I got it into my head that the voting was for one month instead of two weeks, hence the delay closing the threads. As I previously mentioned, I see no harm in allowing any votes that were made up until I closed the threads.

So without further ado, here are our winners:

VC - Painting - Master

VC - Painting - Apprentice
  • 1 @ObliviJohn - Desparity flare
  • 2 @Fallen Angel - Pietr Vãduva, Captain of the Drakenhof Guard, Personal Standard Bearer of Frederick v
  • 3 @bigbadbat - "I don't get mad, I get stabby"

VC - Converting - Master

VC - Conversion - Apprentice
  • 1 @Mioum - The Mourngul (Varghulf)
  • 2 @EternallyUndying - Shriek of Skabscrath
  • 3 @robtion - Rupture, Burrower of the Dark Woods (My thematic Zombie Dragon).

Open - Painting - Master

Open - Painting - Apprentice

Open - Converting - Master

Open - Converting - Apprentice

Special Awards
  • The Spanktastic Award - @Dogmar - Archon Cyrixis' Blood Brides (love a good bum!)
  • The Mod's Choice Award - @Bullhax - recognised by the Dark Arts Mods for the fantastic effort and growth in his painting skills on his time on CN
  • WTF Award - @Raven Torrid - Arise, Sardurion! (Zombie Dragon)
  • Nightmare Award - @robtion - The Harbinger - Mortis Engine
  • Living Doll Award - @Mr Saturday - Magog the Athach (Forge World Curs'd Ettin)
  • The Joker Award - @Mad 'At - Heinz's Chosen

Plus, we have a Golden Bat Master Medal winner - @Borgnine for winning both VC Painting and Converting categories - congratulations!

Thank you all entered and as usual we would appreciate any feedback you may have.

To the winners please note the following:

• Mantic prizes: I will now contact Mantic to confirm the winners and get the codes, this normally does take a little bit of time, so I will PM you as soon as I receive them
  • Medals and points: The new medals have been completed, and I am just working on the new software to support them, they will show in your profile in the next few weeks
  • Where there are joint winners, monetary prizes will be split, points and medals will be awarded as normal
Here are links to the voting thread where you can see all the models entered:
VC - Painting - Master
VC - Painting - Apprentice
VC - Converting - Master
VC - Conversion - Apprentice
Open - Painting - Master
Open - Painting - Apprentice
Open - Converting - Master
Open - Conversion - Apprentice

EDIT: Links added // Mad 'At

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Thank you SO much I am so happy for being able to compete in this very cool competition! We have some very talented painters and converters on this forum.! Wow!

And thank you, mods, for "The Mod's Choice Award" I can't describe how much it means to me.

Thanks to eveyone for entering you made this the toughest competition yet!

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Congratulations everyone who entered for getting something painted. Was great fun. I think all the winners were very deserving.

Also thanks to anyone who threw a vote my way, I am very happy about my nightmare award :konrad:

So does this mean we will get our zombies and medals back soon? If so :happy:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Congratulations to everyone involved!

Big thanks for all the votes! I never really expected that, I considered many other works better than mine and the competition was really good :)

Raven Torrid

Black Knight
So glad that I was finally able to participate, it was great fun. =)

Congratulations to all the winners, some exceptional work as always, well deserved!

Big thanks to everyone who voted for me, so happy to win the WTF?! Award. :happy:

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Congrats to all! Winners and everyone who entered included! This type of thing comes but once a year, let's make next year's even better!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Just another update, I have emailed Mantic again following up on the codes, fingers crossed I get a reply shortly!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I've edited in links to all the voting threads at the bottom of the first post here. There you can see all the models entered.