• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Gah, beaten indeed. I wouldn't walk alone in that time.

But anyhow, maybe I got carried away. I think it's my duty to pollute the world the least with my existence, be it in the human world or nature. I can't change the past, but I can change the future...

I understand that I live in the Western World, having the best chance for survival. Where elsewhere people of my age worry about food, I worry about the exams next week!

beeblicon

Black Knight
Dec 27, 2009
Get of W said:
mentality (purposely avoiding the hates that caused many of my family members and friends and their families to be hurt in past years and even recent ones) has left me with an attitude of "I don't care" or a "Just bequiet and accept it" because I find it hard to imagne large scale protesting not leading to violence which I abhor.

See this is part of what i was saying, thats how they want you to feel (yes, saying stuff like that makes you sound crazy). But in this case its quite clear, schools teach and preach on no violence right from when your young, and teach you hurting is bad, and blah blah (which it is yes). You are also taught to just be quiet and accept it too.

I just feel this is horribly wrong on a few levels, defying the government absolutely does not have to lead to violence, doing something about them does not mean protests or riots (infact i think protests dont work).

If you can admit you know there is wrong going on, but you just be quiet and dont worry about it because it affects you, then i feel your failing your duty as a citizen of whatever country you are in because again, you are the ONLY authority over your government (as funny as that is to wrap ones head around)

There are segregation tactics at work too, meant to split people up and get them to fight each other, the government is made up of buisness owners these days, how many people hate thier bosses? and think buisnesses owners are crooks and pay thier employees nothing and mistreat them?

well those people run your government, and let me tell you, most of them are in it for self interest. i think its rediculous you have to be mega rich (and thus likely a buisness owner) to be in the government.

Western culture governments are now run like buisnesses, cities have thier own corporations, its all about the money.

Theres also really as i see it, only 3 ways people think about thier government

Either you buy into everything your told
you realise there is corruption and do nothing about it
or you speak out and get labelled crazy or violent

Yes, i agree we have it good, we dont have to worry about our next meal, maybey if we did we'd start caring about all the money and power we are letting these buisness owners imbezzle out of us.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
One thing is very noticable in the age groups of 16-22ish, at least where I live, is thats its become increasingly popular for younger people to "Speak Out" and such against Issues that arise.
Good and all for them although I have noticed that a good number do it because its considered "Cool".
I've met very few young people who believe in being quiet and accepting things to be honest.

Also Simon and MV nice posts and viewpoints.
Cheers.

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
Sanai said:
If I tried to sake hands with Kevin Rudd, I would get arrested by police.

Ummmmm no you wouldn't :rolleyes:

Why do you say that? If you made an aggressive move towards ie. lunged at him, or threw something or the like, then yes, they would take you down. But if you just tried to walk up to him to shake his hand? Then they would simply keep you back or wait for his reaction. I've seen the PM going up to people and shaking their hands and greeting them all the time. It is constantly shown on the news, so come on, stop trying to paint australia like it's some kind of facist state or something. It's one of those most free places in the world to live, within reason.

By the way, beeblicon, I'm sorry that you took my comments to be offensive, they weren't intended to be as such. I don't have the time to do so now, as I don't believe in talking about serious topics on the fly, but when I have time I will discuss further about what I meant. But again, no offense was intended.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu