• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Undead and Stupidity In the 9th Age

Hi Guys,can the undead be affected by stupidity in 9th edition? In a game against WOC last night my opponent had these riders on seekers of Slanessh,dunno what they are called.. they used some kind of lash on my dogs inflicting stupidity on them,I thought we were immune to all that.. but what is the deal nowadays in 9th?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Hey @Wolf Child, it looks like Undead suffer from stupidity just like everyone else. Immune to Psychology mentions nothing about stupidity and stupidity itself even says that it makes people immune to psychology. I think you played it correctly but just to be sure we'll summon @Mad 'At as well.

Ah okay,thanks for clearing that up guys.
Well I've played two games of 9th so far and its been nothing but pain! The first match was against OK and I had my a%#@ handed to me, by ogres of all things!,last night against WOC, things went slightly better, all my elites/vamps survived and I did manage to kill some stuff but my stupid core units got annihilated.
Next week I'm up against demons lol
Could anyone send me a link for couple good lists at 2500 points? or is there a good tactical overview out there anywhere?

Last edited:

Leithel

Grave Guard
Unlike 8th, vampire covenants really need to be built around the vampire lords powers (or other heros if you choose not to take a vampire). Pick your vampire, pick your skills and then choose complementing units.

For example, if you're strigoi then exploit the great rules that you've purchsed for ghouls. A strigoi vampire with lots of ghouls is formiddable and hard to kill. Then complement it with troops to make up for the deficiencies. They are susceptable to war machines, so necromancers to raise the dead ghouls. And so forth.

One I like is the von carstein monster mash. Spam as many Vorkaloks as you can, then mount your vampires on winged nightmares. Take the hard target rule and keep the mash of monsters together so they are hard to shoot, shit hot on the charge, flying and monsterous as fuck in combat. Just skirmished ghouls with necros to keep them alive to hold up the rest of the army while the vampires just fly about smashing shit up or maybe a screaming horror if you don't like your opponent very much. That was a fun list to play.

wow Liethel ,The Strigoi list looks great but I think that Von Carstien monster mash list you mentioned sounds so cool,Do you have a copy or could you outline it for me at the 2500 points?

Last edited: