• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

thebaumer

Zombie
Aug 29, 2014
Hey guys, I've been thinking if starting a vc army for a long time and I think I might actually do it. Weirdly enough the nagash release hasn't really done anything to excite me, I guess it was just a coincidence. I am really interested in doing a blood dragons themed army, and am looking for books and stories to learn more about them. Any suggestions would be awesome. I like to design my armies as theme-y as possible. I've been trying to dig stuff up but I figure some of you guys could point me I'm the right direction. My 2 random questions. When aborash fled with 4 companions after the fall, who were they? Are blood knights brettonians or part of the empire? And I guess if someone could explain to me if I have this correct this would be helpful. Blood dragons are a line of vampires. Blood knights are an order of vampires who were sired by blood dragons? I'm probably making this more confusing then it needs to be. Thank you very much for reading!

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Off the top of my head book wise there's the red duke novel which is about a bretonian blood dragon, the blood of Nagash series features Abhorash and his hand (the 4 companions he took with him) in master of death they are all named but I can only remember walak and lutr who are Walach and Luthor Harkon. Blood dragons are a line of vampires who strive to emulate their founder Abhorash. The blood knights were a knightly order of the empire that Walach Harkon turned into vampires (only those worthy most were slain). Although in recent fluff blood knights and blood dragons have become practically the same. You can be a blood dragon without being a knight from blood keep.
Hope this is of use if I was at home I could give you all the names of his hand, hopefully somebody else can help out there. :)

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
I believe there are also non-Wallach sired Vampires, that due to their own personal honour codes, have taken up the mantle of the Blood Dragons.

Personally I think Mousillon is one of the coolest fluffs, the Bretonnian city of the damned. Most of the city is crawling with horrors and plague and the dead walk the streets, only about 1/3rd of it is habitable behind high strong walls. Black shield with a yellow chevron on it, pretty cool colour scheme.

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
Mousillon converted vampires counts/ bretonnia armies seems to pop up from time to time. Very cool lore there.

thebaumer

Zombie
Aug 29, 2014
Thanks the info guys. I'm in the process of figuring out how I wanna convert my lord. I've seen some pretty cool ones using archaon as a basis. His horse looks very similar to the blood knights which would be nice.

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
Hey guys, I've been thinking if starting a vc army for a long time and I think I might actually do it. Weirdly enough the nagash release hasn't really done anything to excite me, I guess it was just a coincidence. I am really interested in doing a blood dragons themed army, and am looking for books and stories to learn more about them. Any suggestions would be awesome. I like to design my armies as theme-y as possible. I've been trying to dig stuff up but I figure some of you guys could point me I'm the right direction. My 2 random questions. When aborash fled with 4 companions after the fall, who were they? Are blood knights brettonians or part of the empire? And I guess if someone could explain to me if I have this correct this would be helpful. Blood dragons are a line of vampires. Blood knights are an order of vampires who were sired by blood dragons? I'm probably making this more confusing then it needs to be. Thank you very much for reading!

1. the 4 companions, as far as i have found are never named.

2. blood knights are a named group of blood dragon vampires sired by a blood dragon. the blood knights were originally an order of empire knights from "blood keep" hence the name.

3. if you want interesting fluff, even if it is not all blood dragon based, try to find a copy (either print of scanned) of the 4th edition undead book. great read.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
The 4 companions are named on page
136 of master of death. They are Walak of the palace guard and Lutr of the harbour guard. Both harkoni hill men rather then true lahmians. Mangari of the south lands and Varis of rasetra. :)

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
The 4 companions are named on page
136 of master of death. They are Walak of the palace guard and Lutr of the harbour guard. Both harkoni hill men rather then true lahmians. Mangari of the south lands and Varis of rasetra. :)

I've just started reading that, my apologies for the misinformation.

Skittelz1981

Varghulf
Apr 28, 2013
AMS
2014 will see the release of the third book of the Blood of Nagash trilogy. its titled 'Blood dragon' and will cover the story of Abhorash.
Obvioulsy it will be on the blood dragons so a little patience and youll have an entire book covering the first of the Blood dragons

UndeadSi87

Skeleton
Jul 15, 2011
To throw in a *Spoiler* Spoiler* Spoiler* here...The greatest of the Blood Dragons..as per the End Times book aint exactly just a Vampire anymore....not sure if this 2014 release Skittelz mentions will cover that or even include him.

Seems like an odd choice for a third book but I guess they could just do a blood line for each book...so far i've not hear any Necarchs or Strigoi mention in the book.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
@Skittelz1981 as far as I'm aware the blood dragon novel got shelved in order for Reynolds to write return of Nagash. On his blog he refers to the blood of Nagash being two book story. So looks like we're out of luck there.
@UndeadSi87 haven't got that far into it yet but the only named blood dragon I heard being in it is Walach. Abhorash doesn't feature as far as I know.

UndeadSi87

Skeleton
Jul 15, 2011
Although technically Abhorash is part of the Blood Dragon bloodline...in a sense. He didn't create the Blood Dragons. It was Walach that turned the order into vampires

Skittelz1981

Varghulf
Apr 28, 2013
AMS
??? how can they shelve a third book of a trilogy.
In part two, Master of death, it clearly says Blood dragon will be released in 2014. Im not sure its about Abhorash but since he is the one that killed a dragon and drank its blood and thereby becoming a new breed of vampire i simply assumed.
Note that a novel that release in 2014 is most likely already finished a year prior. with remaining time spent on lots of other things until it finally comes out. im pretty certain theyre not just shelving a book because he 'suddenly' needed to write 'The end times'

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
On josh Reynolds website he said he was told to stop writing blood dragon to focus on something else which at the time he could not divulge any details of. And now we have his return of Nagash book. On his website he also states that the blood of Nagash series is a duology.
Blood knights being the only blood dragons is wrong and a product of 7th eds book generalising. In the 6th ed book blood knights are just blood knights from blood keep although Walach siring them does make them blood dragons it's not until 7th where blood knights/blood keep are of the order of the blood dragon.

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
I do hope he eventually gets to finish blood dragons, as abhorrassh has always been my fav vampire in the background.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu