• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks @Farmer7574 that's the impression I was hoping to create ;)

Next up, meanwhile on the undead front, a dark leader of the one true Army of Darkness steps forward to be painted, and I never looked up more to paint something than that guy. Behold, EVIL ASH!

vV1RQl3.jpg

And, mostly because I can't wait to share it, have some WIPs of my Goblin Chariots / Circus Wagons with ...almost...tamed and completely harmless circus pets in them:innocent:
G0smvPP.jpg

h9lUcsH.jpg

n143RuZ.jpg

I'm still working on the last spider unit, but I hope to finish the wagons in June. Let there be comments/input/(exclusively positive)feedback :)

DocteurQui

Skeleton
Apr 21, 2018
Netherlands
Behold, EVIL ASH!

OMG IS THIS THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? Really interested in how it's going to turn out! Good luck!!

And, mostly because I can't wait to share it, have some WIPs of my Goblin Chariots / Circus Wagons with ...almost...tamed and completely harmless circus pets in them:innocent:

This may just be one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen, amazing work on both wagons, especially the dragon one! Amazing work!

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys, glad you like 'em ;)
@Borgnine the horn was too long to let it stand out in full length, so I cut it and tried to set some kind of screw head on the distal end. Turned out way worse than I thought it would, but the whole thing is still under construction, so plenty of time to change it to better ;) ideas?

@DocteurQui Yep, after we talked about him I had no excuses left to not finally get him xD

Reactions: DocteurQui

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Is that a dragon breaking out of a gigantic box or carriage? Looks top notch, looking forward to seeing this one painted :D

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Is that a dragon breaking out of a gigantic box or carriage?

How dare you, that's completely natural behavior for a tamed and well trained animal, and the holes which you call breaks are... ... air holes. And speed holes. For more aerodynamic...dragon...wagon...handling :!: get your facts right!

xD thanks dude, I hope it will come to painting soon

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
The last base / regiment of spider acrobatic spiders is now complete. And god, was I sick of bending spider legs! But in the end I'm really happy how the whole bunch turned out, and even more happy that another chapter of the circus is finished.

n0owhcz.jpg

2ONzb1C.jpg

NkEFFND.jpg

kVqW1sV.jpg

Groupshot
dyXOGUd.jpg

And, because of the lack of undead chariots, I decided to add my black coach into a regiment of Revenant Cavalery (aka the KoW black knights), to have still use for the beautiful model

IuQeGHF.jpg

7MewU7j.jpg

D16zVUI.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Good stuff here

Impressive work on your orguan-conversion of machine-mortis. It sure give lots of idea. Do you have a painted picture of the result ?

I like your work on gore models too (like the ghoul at #368). Nice blood details.

Nice use of magnets too, as i'm starting to see the potential of them. For banshee, weapons options and everything. *take notes*

And then... the goblin circus. Idk what you smoke when you had this idea with your friends, but whatever it is i want some. This is brilliant ! I like a lot the clown-spiders, so funny to see and creative to set up. At least i saw the "harmless circus pets" at the top of this page. Just WoW. I shared them to an active orque member of the french community, he was in love too and will share this topic to his waagh friends.

It's sad you miss some pictures from the photobucket ransom at page 11-12-13 :'(

I was searching for a painted picture of the chapel you shared at #168 but found nothing (and the link about your tutorial is dead...). Are they lost in the previous missing pictures ?

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And god, was I sick of bending spider legs!
Oh, I feel you bro...

Still, that bizarre horde turned out awesome and the new batch is super cool! I like the banners very much and I LOVE the little strongspider xD The group shot is amazing - when I imagine myself facing such spiders on the battlefield, I don't know if I'll be pissing myself from fear or maybe from laughter ;) Good call on that black coach too, it fits there very well.

BTW, I appreciate how Germanly ORNUNGized is your immense paint collection xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@vg11k Woh, thanks a lot man! That is one really appreciated feedback, thanks for going through the whole plog! ...and curse photobucket for what they've done to image posting :mad2:
But, now I had the motivation to get some pics reuploaded ;)

the ME:
Hl0510V.jpg

yp5Vu1S.jpg

iwZRA60.jpg

xMQJQld.jpg

nZ6QOcl.jpg

FK6hAmE.jpg

BhjEIt8.jpg

09EKIt2.jpg

KoeG8a1.jpg

The chapel... Unfortunately I never finished it, and turned the whole thing to wall parts or something :/

I'll try to make the missing pics appear the next days! Thanks again for the feedback, your work is inspiring as well!

@Borgnine Again, thank you mate ;) I like the tiny strongboy the most, too, maybe because the idea popped up to fill that empty space on the base, and it was just perfect and really easy to create. And for my germanly ORDNUNG! ...you are aware where the company is located that sells those painting "shelves", right? ;) *cough* Hobbyzone *cough cough* :D

Reactions: Borgnine

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
While I keep a painting diary in my KoW group (140 points per month), here you have my june unit. Don't judge me. Goblin Spitters AKA Trickshot Brothers:

MGP6qgn.jpg

95kp69W.jpg

1rVlTba.jpg

1rVlTba.jpg

Y5q1GkZ.jpg

I really have to learn to take good pictures...

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Now that's some circus skill - they shoot skillfully even if the aim is behind them! :) Those goblins looks surprisingly good in those red/yellow colors, very, very nice work!

And hey, those pictures look good to me - the background is neutral, everything is big and visible, what's not to like? It could be sharper here and there, but it's not THAT bad :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
After I returned from vacation in Greece last week, I got some spontaneous sculpting started (and finished, yet not painted though). Mawbeasts are the KoW equivalent to the lovely Squigs, and in my circus, the Mawbeasts appear as a wide range of circus beasts, more or less naturally created. From time to time there are periods where one of them dies, causing a sudden lack of Maw. So in that case you have to improvise, and what an imposter of a goblin would you be if you would not come along with an idea...

qxpzhxN.jpg

D9rckRJ.jpg

GXJX6px.jpg

hRysNO5.jpg

:)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Oh poor, poor dragon!! The idea is terrific and crazy awesome (like all your circus), but I really pity the dragon, especially as I'm painting such a head at the moment xD

I understand that you will mount him to one of those big whole-unit-bases, but balancing that one must still be difficult as hell ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
In KoW Goblins have no Dragons to field, and I already included two... ok one and a half...ok ok one and a head into that army, I do animal charity here! Should I wait until you have yours painted to give a similar head optic? :D

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
My dragon is still a little bit pointier, so reducing it to such a state would be more difficult xD Other than that, you can't go wrong with red and black, so go for it ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
It's been a while since I've checked out your work. You've been working on some awesome stuff these days mate, keep it coming!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Same for you man, same for you ;)

I have to share this one: When I was at the Metal Frenzy Festival a few weeks ago, I met Thomas Gurrath, Singer and Mastermind of the German death metal combos Debauchery and Blood God (yeah. Correct ;) ), and while he has some 40k and other Warhammer references in his lyrics, we talked about the game and AoS. They have a small range of own minis for a standalone game in, I think 60mm scale. I bought one to use it as a KoW Abyssal (like demons of chaos), and then we came to the Soul Wars Box. Turned out he plays Sigmarines, so in the end we bought a Box each, and exchanged both parties. Today his box arrived, and I was super pumped because he put in another one of their minis, and the debauchery tt lore artwork book. Best. Trade.Ever. Also he had let me kept one (I have no Idea if I put in the grammar :D ) of the gryph riders, so now I have two of the mounted shroud knights, one.gryphon riders, and two sets of night haunt starter box troops. I. Am. SUPER. PUMPED!
HdZ0qCD.jpg

Aaaand while you're reading this, I'm being captured to my bachelor party. Cheeeeeeers guys!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Super drunk with a capital S, that's some level of drunk xD

Looks indeed like a great haul! Awesome! What are you planning to do with the griffon rider?

Also, a bachelor party? Congrats! When is the big day?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Borgnine The capital S was indeed a well chosen indicator :D I'll put on the ring on September 8th.

I'm not completely sure how to use that model, because I have no army, neither in a building nor in a planned state, in which a good-alignment-look would fit, so, in any case, he will appear in a dark theme. Either undead or Abyssal (demon) army. One of the two knights of shrouds will definetely get an Arthas (from WoW) appearance, even if the armor doesn't fit mostly. But I love that guy, and for the upcoming KoW skirmisher Vanguard, I will field a Basilean (kinda like Bretonia) Troop made of Sigmarines in Azeroth Human Knight style, like this guy here did in a fantastic way:
Basilean/Azeroth Stormcasts

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen Congrats on almost being married :)

I've no idea how you manage to function (hobby-wise) after a few - I stay away from the brushes as I'm prone to screwing things up hobbying on the sauce. xD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu