• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Gobbo Circus Finished Spider Acrobats / Reuploaded Scratch ME

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Farmer7574 Thanks a lot mate :bowdown: I really love how that thing turned out, and I'm very proud of it. I'd also love to see something coming out of your forge for the next challenge, your stunning paintjobs would be an honor to compete with (not that I could reach it, but I wanna see your take on war machinery ;) )

@Theerteen You're too kind, sir! And you Gould be proud of that bloody masterpiece!

I've been lagging with the hobby side of life the past few months but have just started the ball rolling again. War machines you say? I'll have to see what I have laying around the man cave!

@Theerteen Cool beans! This one really stood out in the competition thread for it's novel design and vibrant mash of colours. I love the butchered horse conversion and the use of green & red here. Nice work mate.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
Again, thank you my friend ;) irony is, I wanted to stay with a dark overall look and have the candles to be the only bright spots. but somehow plan and execution divided once more during painting :D

Borgnine

Staff member
It seems that Bretonnians are really dead after AoS hit ;) Awesome work there, dude! I just love how crazily busy it is ;) That Quake 3 logo is a nice touch

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
What logo?:innocent:

Thanks mate, it was a nice situation to take it on with the catapult, no matter if this competition didn't really work out for me xD glad you like it, now I'm one step closer to finishing my army!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
Those guys have been lying around for ages, finally managed to paint the last details, and especially the shields. More pics when the coating has dried.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FfeBczkJ.jpg&hash=796b43d9eac0903a61952efa10b71c7e

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FXWkQlDw.jpg&hash=d7b58b803067b834dd918b917ab8e07b

/edit

They have dried
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FglyT5jm.jpg&hash=fecb863d9c635d02bbb25900cf2189fe

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIRRaNll.jpg&hash=8b2b90706fc9e9ad952dad45c4f317e2

Last edited:

Borgnine

Staff member
Wow, didn't see those since some time! Terrific job there, they remind me of something ;) I love the shields, they look really cool, especially the blood drips themselves. What paints did you use for those highlights?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
they remind me of something ;)
I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about! :tongue: :D

For the highlights, I started the drop with a 50:50 mix of Khorne Red and Mephiston Red, then shaded two times with Carroburg Crimson on the left swing of the drop. For the right swing, I did layer after layer, getting smaller with each one, of Mephiston Red, 50:50 Mephiston Red and Yriel Yellow, Yriel Yellow, and at last a layer of (I think) 70 Yriel and 30 White Scar. All thinned up tp 50% with water. I really must say, I love how it came out!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
Converted a bunch of skellies, DEs, WoC and genuinely undead to grave guards, to add up to a unit of 10 in KoW basing. This one is the second last unit of undead I have here to finish. A regiment of 20 Zombies, 4 heros, a Terrorgheist, and a Mortarch. These are the last undead minis I have left over. I barely dare to say the words...but if I finish those, I'll have the army of undead, which I started about 16 years ago...I'd have it finished.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FX0OCX3D.jpg&hash=f8b9cc828bbebaf54e4e3f2f0ab72f33

Borgnine

Staff member
Yeah, and you surely won't be getting any new models in the future, ever ;)

I like that mix of various models, that's always good for udead :thumbsup: What is that light-blue/white thing on them? Glue? Some varnish?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Borgnine I don't wanna sound hypocritically, but I'm pretty sure that I won't buy anything at least for the next two years. I have everything I like on undead and more, but I just don't wanna paint any more of them. I'm really horny to start Space Marines -not those Primaris boys, oldschool- and the Gobbo circus ;) the next 16 years should be enough to finish a part of them xD and you're right, it's drying varnish ;)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
I love that dragon. Throw the Diadem of Dragon-kind on that horde for a sneaky Breath Weapon (10)! Also, the knight really works for me. Awesome!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Adam_Barrow Yes, me too! Always wanted to have him, never got him, than bullseyed it on eBay for 10€ without rider. One month ago a friend showed me what the bunch of minis he got on eBay, what's included, the rider xD that diadem would be a nice surprising touch, even more for a unit next to that one gneeheeheeheehee

I also got that model separately, got the dragon from random bitz seller and the rider from Nagash knows where :D Good to see somebody painting that up!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Sessioni xD that seems to be the standard way of getting that one nowadays. I love the pose of the dragon, pretty dynamic for a GW mini of that time. I always imagined it twice the size though:slapface:

Borgnine

Staff member
A very cool zombie dragon filler indeed! The unit must weigh a lot though ;) Nice work!

Also, is that a space marine bretonnian? Are you running out of bits? xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Borgnine Thanks xD the dragon isn't fix on the base, I'm still playing with an additional alternative magnetized basing for him to keep open the option of a double dragon list one day :tongue:
And...yeah...kinda that knight is a universe crossover, but I had it glued together already and I like the bulky look of a fallen knight returning without his steed and carrying not solely undeath, but also the weight of a heavy armor :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Farmer7574 Thanks mate ;) The, without better words, wight king? Yeah I was lucky there, a friend supported the Reaper Bones 1 Crowd Founding with I think about 100$, and he gifted me some of the undead minis. This one is a great WK substitute I think, even if I'm not a fan of the reaper bendy material they made their minis from.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
@Nagash Worshiper thanks man! I hope to increase the mentioned effects with further work, but it's great to see that the spirit is yet recognizable ;)
I grinded the basing platform at work today, so hopefully I can go with basing over the weekend.