• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And here I was thinking how to make an interesting skeletal cavalryman and I didn't think to make it rear ;) That helmet is also an awesome idea! The whole piece looks really promising!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Posted with time issues, but hopefully you guys like it and leave some comments ;)

RocB1sG.jpg

Y3KGdA4.jpg

fiPg7wG.jpg

dcfeTfZ.jpg

HIssCJE.jpg

OgpK4kv.jpg

Reactions: Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Already posted in the entry thread but had to put in a word here to. Wonderful work on this one friend! I already told you I love the stubborn standard bearer and rearing Black knight but now I also looked closer at the handgunner. You actually modelled that skeleton to look like it's being hit! And there's smoke and fire from the gun! It's a bit hard to see at first, it's absolutely amazing!

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Nagash Worshiper thanks man, I had hopes that those details are visible, that's the problem with the 3 pic limit xD But knowing you've recognised those little spots means a lot to me! That alone pays the effort ;) While we're "alone" here, I'll give you credit for your awesome entry too. It screams "duel" in every square inch, of course my first vote went there ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Damnit, I didn't notice the smoke from the gun and the skeleton being hit, that's even better! Other than that, the same as I wrote in the voting thread, you managed to put crazy amount of character into those few minis :thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Borgnine cheers to you too man, thanks for spotting ;) it's an honor to participate in every challenge, and mess with you guys. Even if it's pointless against some entries ;) xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Now, for something completely different: I'm starting my Blood Angels lately, but always had a crush for the Adeptus Sororitas. So, at least now, why not both? On the tabletop fair today I shot this beauty:

SaEBg9y.jpg

I'll use her as a Dreadnought, I always wanted many of them! Perfect size to be some kind of champion

YYBtkob.jpg

And, of course I had to magnetize her weapon options. Claaaaws, baby.

LcU04rq.jpg

But I won't forget my entries for the challenges, just wanted to share this mini with you. If anyone is interested in some female marine power:

http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/72-space-crusade

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen What a cool find. As you say, great for marine painters that like the Sororitas - My only question: will all the marines still be capable of moving 'Onward to Glory' when they see a 75% naked chick stomping around the battle field? :D

Great diorama you entered for the competition by the way - I think I commented in the thread but great work on capturing the action that's going down!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
will all the marines still be capable of moving 'Onward to Glory' when they see a 75% naked chick stomping around the battle field? :D

@Farmer7574 I see them running even more motivated :D xD

@Nagash Worshiper Thanks, yeah, I really like her very much. Always loved the Dreadnought models, and while Blood Angels can have 4 different models... Booom!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
When I saw a scantily clad babe in a dreadnought I thought it was a Raging Heroes miniature - so I learned about a new mini manufacturer ;) Nice one she is ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Sooo, here we go with the Halloween entry. Hope you like him, he was fun to build and to paint, best part at painting was that it was finished in about 2 hours - base still missing, and he still needs to be coated, but effectively he's ready to catch those naughty kids who don't eat their pumpkin pie! (For complete fluff see the TtWtD entry thread ;) https://www.vampirecounts.net/threa...17-special-challenge.31127/page-2#post-448231 )

7FOq6Dr.jpg

JTLzhYH.jpg

QkcOHT4.jpg

TxqhU4v.jpg

I hope you like him, and even if not, always remember to eat all of your pumpkin pie! :D

Last edited:

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Ha ha ha ha, Mr Gobbletooth is awesome! Great use of humour. Not sure which I like more him or pumpkin pie(actually have never tried that, as I don't think it's common in Australia but I love pumpkin in general).

The only thing missing is Emma's poor little leg hanging out of his mouth but I suppose that gross purple tongue will do. Great work :thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
The only thing missing is Emma's poor little leg hanging out of his mouth but I suppose that gross purple tongue will do. Great work :thumbsup:

Actually I HAD thought about that, but only after I wrote the fluff :D but I'm glad you can imagine it there, so I think fluff and realisation work together quite well xD

Thanks for the credit guys!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
He looks great, nice use of those giant legs ;) I wondered why doesn't he have eyes, but then I realized that without them he looks creepier ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Borgnine ...now that you mentioned it...that was totally intended:innocent: not that I didn't spare one single second about eyes and their effect xD I only saw him like he is now, no eyes, nothing unnecessary, only teeth and feet :D

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
(almost) Finished one of my last VC models today - Coating still has to dry and base be dry brushed.

MR8S7My.jpg

vztOHsn.jpg

And added some details on the TG base, plus water effect.

2i6e5ky.jpg

During my last KoW match I realized I need at last one more mounted Nec, so there is still work to do. Not much, but still.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Looks awesome! The TBat base is night and day different now. If you find a dope mounted necro, give me a heads up. I need like 3 all of a sudden with this game.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Adam_Barrow I think I will use one, or better at last one of the following guys (because I have them already ;) ) the first ZDragon Rider, Arkhan the black from the mortarch kit, or Zacharias. I don't wanna spend any more money on undead in the near future. I'm still new to KoW, can you recommend a few good undead basic tactics?

Reactions: Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
I played my Undead in that first tournament last spring, but since then I've mostly played my League of Rhordia. But I know Morgoth (or however they spell it) is gross when he's buffing a legion of zombies with that item that gives them +1 to on them. Surge shenanigans with mounted casters seems to be another favorite.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Nice bloody Strigoi! Are you planning some way for him to be 'mounted' on the TG?

Also, on the earlier pics I didn't notice that the big bat is so colorful! Bone, black, purple, brown, reds, blues - it all looks really cool, great contrast with the muddy brown base :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys, as always, your feedback means very much to me!
@Adam_Barrow Yeah, it seems surging is the key to win, or at least to annoy the crap outta the opponent. Three mounted necs.. Since the last game I am afraid of giving them heigth 2, when I learnt the hard way that breath attacks don't need any templates...
@Borgnine Thanks man, I like him too...rare enough for spontaneous ideas like sprinkling blood from a toothbrush :D but I think it worked cool. I had to redo a small amount of sprinkles after I matt coated him, but now I'm happy with the finish. And yeah, he is already magnetized on his base and there is the counterpart on the TG's neck ;)
@Nagash Worshiper Again, thanks mate .) I'll add some mud on the skellie, it's still to clean. Now all there is left on the TG is the connection between the rocks it's standing on and the base itself. GoGo painting rangers!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
So, finally completed the TG, including basing and coating. I had massive motivation issues panting it, not only, but mostly because I can't really field it on KoW. Only appropriate possibility would be as ZD, but I already have one, and another unassembled one for the often used double dragon list. Not. :P
But anyway, I really really like the model, so here we go:

QkxZBh3.jpg

V480mGG.jpg

Y57p4o4.jpg

HFFrbCw.jpg
ifsTqCz.jpg
SLxGwN4.jpg

And, perfectly fitting to my upcoming undead finish, I was lucky to get two glass cabinets from a friend for little money, so have a few newly organized army shots (still missing the dire wolves, which are currently in queue for rebasing on KoW multibases for werewolves count as. HAIL MULTIBASES!)

UnZS87r.jpg
JTb2Ept.jpg
qtk2run.jpg

The free space in the back is for the (at this time still coat-drying) TG.

cuTIUF6.jpg
DfQyfS6.jpg

Now I have some more space for upcoming stuff, which is highly motivating to increase my output ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu