• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Finished the piked dragon head (ok not completely, varnish is still missing and the goblin carrier is still WIP, but I'm bored at work and wanna post something)

yuiwXSv.jpg

n5XS4Vg.jpg

pdwAI7f.jpg

The other Mawbeasts are WIP too, so here you have a preview of how they will be positioned later, and a messy group shot.

3RPeJct.jpg

9whupkW.jpg

3RPeJct.jpg

W0wg7vC.jpg

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I think I recognize that head! Looks awesome! Both that and the rest of those maws - I really like how you used that giant's head. Also, good to see that Halloween monster found its place :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Okaaay, after some REALLY busy days, including 2 weddings, one of them my own, I have time to update. Those boys are finished some time now, but I didn't post them yet. So here you have 2 Regiments of Mawbeasts (KoW Squigs), that are just a bunch of random freaky creatures for the purpose of looking funny ;)

IrUATvh.jpg

gbft0xM.jpg

hTAvJxo.jpg

BXDVvRh.jpg

fCyMMYW.jpg

zZZZEDp.jpg

EYZuoeA.jpg

Y6E9nFT.jpg

lCy0nSX.jpg
Kdu9xU5.jpg

Nothing left to say but "have fun" :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And for a moment I was wondering how are you going to place anything in contact with that unit, with that dragon head sticking in the front and what-not ;) A very cool and colorful unit, especially with that painted bear and that quite... disturbing squig xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys, as always your feedback is welcomed and appreciated :)

Here we go with something similar to my scratch ME - but more goblinish-stupid :D it's a count-as chariot regiment. My take on it: Goblin Circus Wagons

FdFRfgd.jpg

LR2hIJB.jpg

ISHQ16T.jpg

COnEZqD.jpg
D5qcvcN.jpg
6aNHpT1.jpg
UNapPPx.jpg

After taking the first pics I noticed that tentacles in general should not look dry. So I gloss coated them, and than I thought “ah, give em a small slimey touch.“
I took only one pic after that, but I think it shows what I mean ;)

qGM2Dvh.jpg

Thanks for watching ;)

Last edited:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen Those are awesome - pleasing to the eye, very creative and comical! :D Your army really is shaping up to be a one of a kind piece of art.

It makes me wonder what you're going to add to this army next...

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
It's not shaping up, it's already a crazy one of a kind piece of art ;) It only keeps growing, dangerously enough!

The wagons turned out awesome! You used those dragon bits very creatively and the wagons themselves must have been tough to build, because of their size at least. The tentacles are also great - funny, yet intimidating and intimidating, yet funny! Especially for that one unlucky goblin! The whole piece also doubles as a really interesting diorama :)

As I am seeing you working on this wacky army, I want to ask - what do you think about Blood Bowl? The whole game doesn't treat itself seriously and the goblin team especially so - I think you may like it, but I don't know if you actually looked into it or not ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Farmer7574 xD thank you. There are some fix projects set already, for example a doomdiver catapult (because I don't have to do any conversion work there, which is quite rare in this army project), an arachnarok, a giant, strongmen trolls/goblins, doomwheel artists... let's see what there also may come :)

@Borgnine thanks a lot man, this whole thing is a ton of work for most of it's units, but it's also a lot of fun, not at least for knowing there aren't much projects which did the same thing. Keeps me grinning whenever a new idea pops out :D
I have never considered blood bowl, simply because there were no other guys to play it with, but meanwhile I would easily find some I think - maybe when I finished my KoW Vanguard Warband, I might give it a try. Some friends have started Wild West Exodus, this looks like fun too, not at least for it's multiple pop culture reference troops, like star wars, Monthy Python, Alien, and so on ;)

Last edited:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
We have started a new painting diary in my KoW Group, and I had a sicknote in the second week of january.. so I started and finished way too much at once, which was planned to paint over a longer time :P Now I have to come up with new entries for the following months. Now I can post the 4 models I had in mind for the first three months (entries are 200p / month, with no transferring any point overflow to the next month:rolleyes: )

Mortarch No. 1 - (the guy I posted in the Deathly Chill Challenge), "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild" inspired paint scheme, I wanted it too remind at the Divine Beasts and the ancient armor set.

2HvsJb4.jpg

zL9uIsE.jpg

KivCU5e.jpg

Mortarch No. 2 - I finished the skulls of this one before I was completely sure how I wanted the model to look, and so the whole paintjob was kinda improvised. But it turned out satisfiying in the end :)

rTg90U4.jpg

YvPPrx8.jpg

RikBQ9M.jpg

Mounted Liche King (mounted knight of shrouds model) - I have 2 of these also, but while writing this I remembered that I forgot to take good pics and upload them :slapface:

jc7HiMR.jpg

sAeandP.jpg

EIh5RCN.jpg

Goblin War Trombone - A KoW Breath Attack, model is from Malifaux (Goblin Scrier), but I have no idea what it does there :D
The paint scheme is orientated at the Cologne Carnival Uniforms of "Blaue Funken" (Blue Sparks) , we have many different clubs here which are kind of official carnival societies, and I have two more models coming up with different, but similar looks ;)

JOPaqTp.jpg

gg0V33g.jpg

UGgXGea.jpg

zPZcPQh.jpg

Have fun, and as always, feedback is appreciated ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
You have two Arkhans?! A patient man, you are ;) Great work on them, that cloak is an especially cool idea! Nice knight of shrouds too, he looks pretty snazzy on that purple steed, the colors work surprisingly well like that ;)

Cool idea with those goblins too - is the crate a part of the original kit? It's good to see you incorporating some local customs into your minis - but I have to admit, I chuckled when I read about official carnival societies, that sounds very Cologne xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks buddy ;) Yeah I had some monster painting flash that day(s), and it's still not completely satisfied. As you can see in the Challenge, and there is an Arachnarok still waiting on the shelf. I hope to get to this one in the next 6 weeks (effectively 4 weeks, because we go on a late honeymoon trip in 2 weeks, viva la mexico! :cool:
The crate the Goblins stand on isn't part of the box, they're from the Gremlin Scrier Pack of Malifaux, which directly served my circus needs :) :D

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Been some some time, not quite unbusy - some infantry reinforcements for the sake of bringing fun to the war trembled fantasy worlds! The models are from the fantastic Gaspez Art Goblin Blood Bowl Team (Fantasie Miniaturen > Gaspez Arts | Online Shop ), which my wife gifted me for Christmas last year. One of the best things ever ;) Sadly I forgot which company I got the tent from, I bought it on the Spiel Boardgame Fair in Essen, Germany - If you ever have the chance to visit it, do it! ;)

Llijq1x.jpg

H3wPevy.jpg

0siLjnw.jpg

GXN08WT.jpg

2uYKYLq.jpg

Further we have an artistic duo running...or, moving on Wheels of Whaagness:
(fun fact, the small one is a 3D print a friend did for me, with additional bits I had laying around)

2VdQFIk.jpg

jYTwv1K.jpg

g7LgJyC.jpg

And let's not forget the big guys, every goblinish family has to offer:

jX6jN6y.jpg

Every one loves magic tricks. No matter if good 'ol bunny or...football.

BGw3t5g.jpg

i0xpie1.jpg

One to let every one know that the circus is in town! (counts as mounted standard bearer ;) )

WgGh5mY.jpg

w1voU9c.jpg

bx953YT.jpg

And, just because I got my hands on a doomwheel for veeeery little money: More Wheels of Whaagness! :D

62UCoUz.jpg

P5l0hUQ.jpg

qlCUF6M.jpg

Bk6wga0.jpg

As always, I hope you have some fun watching this stuff, always happy to get new input and ideas here ;) on my painting diary for june has finally arrived one thing I have here for I think more than ten years: The Arachnarok Spider. Coming Soon!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Those dudes are all over the place - and I mean it in a good way! Seems like a lot of work painting all the various miniatures in various colors and details ;) I love that cannibalized doomwheel :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys, always very much appreciated, especially in this quiet forum times :D
@Borgnine Yep. Absolutely. Painting is a pain, but planning how to do (vary, position, color choice and so on) is the worst part. Because there is no deep link in the optical appearance, every unit, and worse, every model itself takes way longer than what I'm used to :rolleyes:

But the good news is, sometimes I have single models to paint: The Ticket Office is now open!

5fkDm33.jpg

2UlCywo.jpg

p5xL9za.jpg

Ery7m4A.jpg

I think this was about 30 hours, scuplting/modelling not included :D But I'm very satisfied how it looks, and will go for another one I was happy to get my fingers on: Greasus Goldtooth (german name sounds much better, it's Speckus Goldzahn...which is, inspired by lore, situation and appearence, the nickname of one of my best friends (appearance has changed in the meantime, mayhaps the name had played it's part xD)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
You had my attention at 'Arachnarok Ticket Office'!

Unfortunately your latest images aren't loading up - not sure if it's my super awesome IP here in China or whatnot but I'm going to take another look later and hope they load up. :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Farmer7574 For me they loaded on the second try - the pictures are ABSO-frickin-LUTELY big so sometimes they do fail to load in their entirety ;)

@Theerteen It's a real triumph! I am completely amazed at how you can turn probably anything into circus-related stuff - and the spider looks really, really good, especially the face, those eyes seem to glow! The whole tent and the title board only add to the whole greatness (even if I would be scared that all that circus madness will just awake one night and cut me up!)

EDIT: Also, I am stealing Speckus as a name for a Halfling or an Ogre in Blood Bowl, thanks for sharing that tidbit!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks mates, as always your comments are honoring, in fact the feedback here is the main reason I keep posting stuff - getting it from people who's work is as stunning as yours means a lot :bowdown:
@Farmer7574 That's odd, maybe it has to do with how I upload them, they appear to me extremely huge also and fail to load sometimes. But it's standard mobile photo imgur upload.. maybe @Borgnine has an idea how to decrease the size to more fitting? Your pics have a nice size even if zoomed, and you hostet them on imgur too if I remember correctly?

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Theerteen I moved away from imgur long time ago, I hated how direct links switched to pages with all the 'community' stuff attached... There is a resizing option there - I checked just now - but it's either original or small thumbnails. I resize my stuff in photoshop when I'm editing either way, but if I didn't want to go through all that I would use a resizing program, like FastStone Photo Resizer, it can go through thousands of pictures quickly. Still, I have no idea how it could work on a smartphone, that technological magic eludes me - but seeing as how there seems to be an app for anything, something to resize pictures should be there too. Or even in the settings of the camera, if we wanted to look at the root of the whole thing ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ah dammit, I had hopes to have something good for hosting pics in imgur, but it seems like there is a catch in everything. Thanks for the resizing tips, I'l have a look for a good program - I don't work with my phone, I just upload the pics from it when I'm not at home ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Right so the internet issue appears to have been mine - I’m back in the UK for a week or so and all the pics have loaded without issue.

Speaking of which; your work gets more and more astounding. The mixed bag of really cool classic circus-like ideas combined with the craziness of goblins is brilliant.

There’s a lot going on in lots of your work and the single minis themselves are brilliant conversions. Really nice job on that spider with the Gobbolino sign too - a beautiful centrepiece. Also love those wheels or whaaagness :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ok, I tried to resize those new pics, hopefully it works now...nothing too spectecular, but I like those guys ;)

"mounted" Biggit (Goblin Hero)

3Zn7cCT.jpg

xcLdto9.jpg

V5EOKNa.jpg

War Trombone (Goblin War Engine)

zpHOztt.jpg

TZezDYq.jpg

CQDSYlH.jpg

Some...bitsy...guy :D I think most fitting would be a Revenant King (kinda like a Wight King)

oNQHy0Q.jpg

pwAcR35.jpg

Iqdo5bq.jpg

And one for the fan service, I refuse to explain who this guy is! xD

eLhzLEB.jpg

Have fun, see ya at next update :thumbsup:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu