• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
That base for the Terrorgheist turned out really good, very immersive, feels like some sort of plighted wasteland on the edge of the world - and on the photos it looks kinda like a sunset, so it strengtens the effect, very nice! ;) Good for you for getting those cabinets (many miniature player seem to own them ;) ) - and I hope they are fixed to the wall ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen Awesome Terrorgheist! The dark blue & bone colour scheme looks great alongside that basing.

Good job getting a cabinet too, minis should never have to be thrown back into boxes after being completed!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks Gents, I'm happy how it turned out in the end.

A reason why I didn't participate in the last challenge(s), after collecting and (partly annoyed) thinking, brainstorming and purchasing, I have started my Kings of war Gobbo Circus (working title). One of the hardest things to figure out was, how to use the inflexible Bad Moon Gobs I already owned. Spears and Bows, and additionally 20 spider riders, and some other stuff, that I
a) have to convert to KoW units (easy in most cases, but the Arachnarok f.e. is possible only as Slasher prox)
b) have to put them in circus style. Not.Easy.

But I think I developed some cool ideas (with help of my fiancee and some friends), so here are the WIPs of the spear gobs, aka Rid Jugglers ;)

sthLzJ0.jpg

pximXNx.jpg

Qv53H4d.jpg

As always, Feedback and input appreciated ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
One-step-before-the-finish-pics. But I messed up the correct measurements of the bases -__- I wanted to go for a KoW Legion, and thought that would just be 3 Regiments next to each other. It's not :thumbsdown: so now I either have to add 2 troop bases (which I can't field solely, because goblin spear boys don't have troops AND I don't have models left), or have to cut one regiment in half, which is relatively f**** . up.

Anyway, have some pics of -almost- completed sharpstick/juggler gobbos (one leader is still missing as you can see)

mZmWw3t.jpg

qZVsosg.jpg

lX7QMUz.jpg

Jy0qpmi.jpg

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen Goblin circus army commences, I'm tuned in to this one :)

The colourful gobbos! The shield design is cool and I love what you've done with their weapons, really creative :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
With fun and circus background music!
Probably much more effective than strongly worded letters that are being sent in modern politics ;)

Being used to all the darkness our usual undead entail, those colorful guys made me almost blind! They are awesome ;) Painting all those spiral made you probably dizzy xD Blue and yellow was a great choice for them, they look really striking. As for your problems - I would vote for sawing one of the regiments in half - sounds manageable ;) but I don't understand what do you mean by 'troop bases' so maybe my decision process is flawed...

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks mates :) Happy how they turned out. But painting 37 models the same style can, as you all now, be annoying, so I'm glad they're finished now. Sawed and rearranged.

jt1mOa0.jpg

@Borgnine That's the unit type of KoW, they're going from Troop (100x40 mm), Regiment (100x80 mm), Horde (200x80 mm) and Legion (200x120 mm). Goblin Sharpsticks (spears) start at Regiment, so it wouldn't make sense to build a troop base ;)

Last edited:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Soo, long time no see, have some acrobatic spider acrobats! And spiders! Did I mention spiders?
RvA1ia1.jpg

hIepObK.jpg

RsdWyiH.jpg

zhKPinu.jpg

GXUfQky.jpg

rFUwK5S.jpg

fADrPwA.jpg

BrgrH3z.jpg

:clown:

Last edited:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
You insane madman...

Yet, this is crazy awesome! Even coming up with an idea like that requires some weird imagination - and actually executing it, even more ;) It's great that you did them, the world is now a richer place xD I love how colorful they are all, how different each one is, yet every one is interesting and adds to the unit. My favourite is definitely the one with the clown face on the abdomen, after that, probably the one playing the drums ;)

Also congrats on converting those boring spiders into such interesting poses - I remember that as a tedious nightmare...

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
:lol::lol: Thanks a lot guys :bowdown: indeed they were a crazy friggin annoying converting/rearranging job, but I think it was totally worth it. Aaaaand there will be more of them ;) next time including a ring of fire (feel free to sing along) and...more spiders! Other units to come: Circus Wagons as chariots, a fair amount of different animals as Mawbeasts (KoW equivalent for squigs), an arachnarok spider, a bearded troll lady, and so much morexD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
A quick question, do you see all 7 pics of the spiders or are there image spaceholders? When I posted them, the pics were all visible, but now I just see only 3 pics and 4 /img texts

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ok, thanks. Yeah you're right, there is one at the top that I didn't see before. So if it's working for you guys that's good :thumbsup:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Excellent work mate, it's hard to choose a favourite - in fact, I can't. I love the array of colours you've painted those guys up in, and the ideas to conversions themselves are just brilliant!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Farmer7574 Thanks a lot my friend, and also to you others, those feedbacks are worth so much to me! While I enjoy positioning and arranging them, painting them up doesn't really satisfy me, because I already have in mind what could be next and next and next, so I rush the painting and screw much of it :/

Last edited:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And the mad painter returns. Just like before, truly awesome spiders you made there :) Spiders with hats that are forming that pyramid are my favorites this time, but the one with the flaming wheel is also great. Did you sculpt those flames yourself?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys, good to hear their performance is appreciated :D
@Borgnine yep, like the other ring, this one is made out of an ear ring, which I bought in a set for exact this purpose, after running around in the city for 2 hours, desperately thinking of what I could use for a ring xD The flames are GS, first a bit as "basement", and after it has hardened, another layer with texture. Glad you (especially YOU) like it ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu