• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Those nasty little fat guys again.

Hi, i'm quite fresh VC player (played about 8 battles which is to little with our army learning curve) and most of them (actually a half) i was facing dwarfs, since my best friend who involved me to Warhammer collects them. So I just wanted to ask about some basic tactics against this army, cause i managed to won with him only once and it was because he went for 'running dwarfs'. So, how should i play against his gunline in 1500-2000pts. battle ???

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
The best thing for taylored lists against Dwarves is to deny him cannon targets. Take a wholey infantry list, Invocation back your casualties from the first two turns, and then grind him out from mid game on. His troops stay dead, ours come back for a second helping.

Hm... never tried this thanks :D ... And is there anything I can do with their dispell? You know, Valaya and stuff, it's quite hard to overcome :/

The Sun King

Imperator
True Blood
First off you need to bring Lore of Death level 4 so you can rely on getting Purple Sun... then you just chuck 6 dice at it every time you can (and the dwarves are within range). Stunties DO NOT like Purple Sun :D