• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Due to the huge success of the Vampire Council I have decided to run a Warhammer 40k RP that runs on a similar scale as the Council but in this case we would have a entire world to run rampart on. So if anyone is interested please let me know the only rule is your charicter has to be From a codex No Zoats or anything like that though I am willing to make an exeption of Kroot Charicters and all of their weapons and wargear has to be listed in the codex other then that Knock yourself out

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
RE: Warhammer 40k RP- would anybody be interested

I would be interested in participating, heheh. :)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

As I've said via PM - it does sound interesting. However you need to give us a overview of what the story will be, if there is a final goal etc. I also have queries as to what will happen if say some chooses an ork character, someone else an eldar and someone else a Chaos Space Marine, because how would they work together?

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

There is alot to work with in the 40k universe. You need to determine how expansive you wish for this to be ie a single planet or the entire Imperium. Once you have a scope then you need to decide a central conflict (there is no end to this from Necrons to Tyranids, the Imperium, Eldar, Tau, Kroot, Chaos, and all the assorted inhabitants of the 40k universe have a plethora of enemies). As DoN said, devise an overarching plot line and everything else will fall into place much more easily.

You could always go the route of Dark Heresy, although it's far from the complexity of TVC its easier to organize and coordinate.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

Well theres a weapon of Mass destruction hidden somewhere on the planet we're talking capible of killing all life on a planet kind of weapon and the fractions will be devided between those who want the weapon destroyed/studied so that would be the Imperium, Eldar, Tau, ect.
And those who want to use it Orks,Chaos, Dark Eldar. and to find the Weapon they have to find a bunch of Artifacts to make the key to get to the Weapon. and due to all the distrust/hatred its going to be really difficult.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Ok, so the basic goal sounds fine.

The only problem is now - there needs to be a feasible reason why, if I say choose a Farseer, why he would work with an Ork warlord?

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

Hmmn are there any of those Black Fortresses/Vaul's whatever left in the physical realm? That would be one "superweapon" to gather the races.

@DoN- One possible solution would be that in signing up the participant has to come up with the feasible reason, which then has to fit with the preexisting characters, plot, etc.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

you won't have to the factions will be this

Order(I couldn't come up with a better term)
Imperial Guard
Space Marines
Deamon Hunters
Witch Hunters
Eldar
Tau

Evil
Chaos Marines
Deamons of Chaos
Dark Eldar
Orks

Wild Cards
Tyranids
Necrons

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

Dark Eldar should be with the Wild Cards and so should the Orks.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

Well Orks and Dark Eldar have a sence of self The Nids and Necrons do not Nids just drool,kill, eat and repeat. Necrons just appear at random and start vaporizing people and neather can be reasoned with Orks and Dark Eldar could at least see the benifets of alliying with others

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

As a Necron player I take offence (I jest :P). The reason why I would suggest that Dark Eldar and Orks would be "wild cards" has nothing to do with their autonomy (although one can consider the orks nothing better than savage brutes that wage endless war and nothing better :rolleyes:). The Dark Eldar wouldn't allign with chaos to that extent. yes, they make use of warp beasts and the like, and they do give into the excesses prevalent with those who worship Slaanesh, but they are not servants of the gods of Chaos. The Orks aren't exactly the diplomatic, "let's ally with these guys because we share a common goal" type :P.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

Ok the People who have expresed interst so far are

Vekarin the dark Bladed
cripple
Masterspark
Disciple Of Nagash
Dark Lord Nihilus

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood

I'm interested, but I point out one flaw in the storyline. A weapon of mass destruction that can wipe out a planet. Now if you look at things, even the imperium has those in ready supply. So it would have to be bigger, much bigger.

2.The Tau and Eldar would be very opposed to this falling into the imperiums hands, they would stop it at very high costs, so I reccomend you have a split of the good factions.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

I didn't say it destroyed Planets I said it killed all life on a planet the Planet remains entact but everything on it dies everything including the bacteria

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

Then simply change the nature of the weapon so that it poses more of a threat, thereby elliciting cooperationg from even the Tau and the Eldar and making it more worth while to go after.

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood

Exactly, maybe it affects an area of space around it, therefore affecting other planets?

And I have a final question for now: At the start you said that you can only choose items from your wargear, this seems a bit limiting, I believe it should be more like TVC, in that you make up the wargear, so long as its not to over powered. It all goes down to what you want to focus on, the plot and character depth or fighting using dice. I personally prefer the first option, where you choose your characters strengths and weaknesses, their weapons etc.

The question is, do we have to simply make a char from a Codex, or do we make our own, individual characters. As characters from Codex's are going to end up pretty similar, if all people want the effective options.

Example: I play Tau, I wish to use a Tau character in this roleplay, but I dont want to be in a Crisis battlesuit, Why can't I be in a stripped down stealth suit for example, it's not as bulky, fits more with my character, and isn't overpowered because it's only stripped down, to a chameleon like effect. Am I allowed?

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

being able to destroy all life on a planet I can't really think of anything worse unless its warp powered or a Chaos Artifact Hmmm maybe Necron It would help alot if I knew what everyone's charicters are going to be

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

same with me, I basically want to control Snake from MGS4 for a laugh so I would want the following:

Genetically engineered Human (clone)
Expert in unarmed combat (CQC) and knife combat.
Skilled at infiltration and sneaking
Excellent marksmen
Equipped with:
Bolt Pistol equipped with custom silencer. (various rounds available inc hellfire, Kraken and psych rounds)
C'tan phase knife
Octo Camo body armour - confers protection in stat terms of 4+, however can mimick background and also conceals the bearers body heat and negates auspex's, scanners etc.
Solid Eye - Monocle eye piece - incorporates image enhancement, threat detection, various tactical information, zoom in function, infra-red / night vision mode.
Codec - In ear communication device.

In story terms he would have been dispatched by an agency within the Imperium (not sure which one yet...) to try and find the device before others do for various political reasons. Whilst he would aid the Imperium where possible, his orders are to eliminate anyone in his way.

I think that would be a find character, not overpowered but lots of fun for me!

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood

Actually, what I was getting at was a Tau version of snake........ 2 snake inspired people!

Stripped down stealth suit- Octocamo
Sniping skills- Sniping skills
Railrifle/upped pulse rifle- sniper
Pulse pistol- Pistol
Training from Commander Farsight?-CQC
Special type of drone-Mk4
Battlesuit vision enchancers, what are they called? Its +1BS- Solid Eye

Mmm... I'll make my guy more Tauified though, so we can both be snake.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu