• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Togg's Waaagh!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Hi all

So now I've photographed my Orcs ang Goblins army and shall present the pictures here. This is what I've collected over the years, hope you like it. The army has been put on a shelf for the time being since I won't be working on them for a while, not until summer I believe. Instead I'll work on my newly started VC army which will receive it own painting blog soon.

First up are two full army shoots

And then some close ups first of my general, Togg Gobbo Eater

Black Orcs

Goblin BSB

Savage Orc Great Shaman on Wyvern

Giant

Pump Wagon

Squig Herd

Squig Hopper (the Tiger Squig)

And finally three pictures of the army mascot Mad 'At xD

Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Awesome army, love the colloured squigs.
The shammy is very cool to, and offcourse Mas´At, great stuff.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Fantastic army, there is so much goodness there. I particuarly like the white armour on the black orcs and the gobbo which is part of the giants weapon. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Good god, that is one of the best painted armies I have seen. Definatly the best painted Orcs/Gobbos I have seen.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Thank you guys

It is always a pleasure to share, especially when you get such good response back.

The white armour was an idea that just seam to weird not to use. I then figured that white must be a colour that would be hard for the orcs to create and preserve and therefore a colour that detonates power and supremacy xD

About the VC, I can happily inform that their own blogg (or is it plogg? (seriously what is a plogg, I've seen the word being used a lot on the forums but I've never herd it before)) will be up and running today hopefully. Though I'm kind of a slow painter so don't expect to much.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Thanks for all the compliments

And thanks for "the meaning of a Plog"

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Spectacular army. The pump wagon and fabulous array of hats were my favourites, but also the black orcs and your general. great armour colour scheme. Nice!

Dogmar

Varghulf
Good job all the way through. Very detailed painjobs, nice colour scheme and awesome conversions. I'm especially digging the pump wagon - never imagined the thing to look like that, but now that I think of it, it's brilliant!

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Whoa...these are fantastic. I particularly like the color scheme you've achieved on all the armor. I never thought Black Orcs could looks so good in white. xD

Uthiliano

Black Knight
Oh my fucking gawd you're awesome!
*Drooling*

/Uthiliano

PS. Couldn't you post more pictures of the units? Would love to see the rest closeup aswell!! :)

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Waaagh!
Time for some greenskins!

I've assemble and started painting 18 orc boyz with choppas and shields, to expand my unit to a might green horde. I've also put together a orc BSB and a spear wielding Big'un to make my Big'uns regiment 30 man strong.

And here are the six new orcs that I have finished (without shields):

I will take some more pics of them when finished, aswell as some more pics of individual units as requested.

Cheers

EDIT:
sabastionz said:
is that a nazgul in the back???
Yes, yes it is xD

holi holi holi macaroni Really that is the or they best painted army of orcs and gobbos ive ever seen really much respect to you im just speach less thats a plus 1 rep fore you my friend

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
simpelekaas said:
holi holi holi macaroni Really that is the or they best painted army of orcs and gobbos ive ever seen really much respect to you im just speach less thats a plus 1 rep fore you my friend
Thank you very much :)

I have finally finished the Orc horde! I must say that it was fun to paint some greenskins again. VC is a great army but I was getting a bit sick of just painting blues and bones. Greens and shades of brown is much funnier to paint, somehow it's my right element. And I even learned a new skill painting these fellas, a quick way of getting great wear an tear effect ^^. Paint a thin line on the surface in a much brighter shade than the background. Then paint a much darker thin line just above the first one, very simple and with great effect.

Here's the horde is in all its glory:

And here are all the new orcs + the standard bearer which received a new coat of paint on the standard:

Also a picture of my savage orcs, painted a long time ago:

And lastly a picture of my soon to be (hopefully) painted BSB:

Any thoughts?