• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Tomb Kings Time

I come to Carpe Noctem yet again for tactics and tips! This time I am pondering how I should go about building up my new Tomb Kings army.

I have 20 Skeleton Warriors, 20 Skeleton Archers, and 20 Tomb Guard as of right now. What units are the next step for me? I want a “powerful charge” kind of army so I am sure I will definitely need chariots but I also like the ranged options and I’m not sure where to start to building a strategically viable army list. I’ve heard that TKs are supposed to be one of the hardest factions to play and I just want to make sure I don’t assemble a mess of an army on my first game.

So basically I am asking:

- A good TK army for a smaller game

- A good TK army for a larger game

- Which specific units I should buy next

Hope I can get some feedback! :)

Hello!
if you're going full archers, Khalida is a must have, otherwise you need a TK king and anyway a Liche Priest.

One of TK best unit is the Necroknights. try to put your hands on them.

Given that i was a huge TK player, i can give you for sure some helping hand… give me some time and I'll provide you with some general options on how to develope your army. ;)

Hello!
if you're going full archers, Khalida is a must have, otherwise you need a TK king and anyway a Liche Priest.

One of TK best unit is the Necroknights. try to put your hands on them.

Given that i was a huge TK player, i can give you for sure some helping hand… give me some time and I'll provide you with some general options on how to develope your army. ;)
Thank you! Yes I did figure that Necropolis Knights would be the next logical step so I’m definitely looking into those. However the GW models are obviously out of production and really pricey so is there any alternative model/conversion options?

I’m also looking into getting Settra because he’s the most badass thing in this badass army.

Thank you! Yes I did figure that Necropolis Knights would be the next logical step so I’m definitely looking into those. However the GW models are obviously out of production and really pricey so is there any alternative model/conversion options?

I’m also looking into getting Settra because he’s the most badass thing in this badass army.
These require some work but could be a viable alternative.

Forces of Nature Naiad Wyrmrider Regiment - Mantic Games

Settra is a problem... unless you are willing to use a less "noble" version.