• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Kezza921

Kezza
Feb 6, 2014
I have a question about the Transformation of Kadon spell. If I take a vampire with this lore due to Forbidden lore and I am lucky enough to get this spell and I manage to cast it does my 'Vampiric' and 'The Hunger' transfer over to the new form or do I just take on the abilities of the new form?

According to the spell it says that they cannot channel or cast magic and their magic and mundane items are useless but it says nothing about the characters special abilities or even spells that are already cast onto the character. I don't think the abilities carry over but I hope that they do. Any help in clearing up this confusion would be welcome.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
you keep any special abilities, affects of spells or vampiric powers you had before the transformation. My favourite is red fury mountain chimeras

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Hey, I always wondered - isn't the Transformation of Kadon dispelled in the worst case - in the second turn? It's quite difficult to keep RIP spells, especially such dangerous as this one.. Isn't it too much hassle for a single turn as a monster?

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 24, 2008
'Naki, New Zealand
Borgnine said:
Hey, I always wondered - isn't the Transformation of Kadon dispelled in the worst case - in the second turn? It's quite difficult to keep RIP spells, especially such dangerous as this one.. Isn't it too much hassle for a single turn as a monster?

It may be dispelled the next turn, but that means you've already had a full turn of combat as a big beastie stomping on your opponent's tasty unit.

And if they are using their casting dice to dispel Transformation, then that's less offensive magic against you - and they may fluff the roll - just like any RiP spell. The boosted version is a beast to successfully cast/dispel.

My favourite is a Red Fury lord becoming a Mountain Chimera.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Fodderboy said:
And if they are using their casting dice to dispel Transformation, then that's less offensive magic against you - and they may fluff the roll - just like any RiP spell. The boosted version is a beast to successfully cast/dispel.

Though remember that when dispelling an in-play RiP spell, you always roll against the unboosted value. As it is written in the BRb FAQ, page 6:
Q: If I am dispelling a boosted remains in play spell, what value do
I need to beat to dispel it? (p36)

A: You will need to beat the basic casting value of the spell
(not the boosted casting value).

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I've checked the rulebook and that chimera is really sweet with those 4D6 attacks - and visualising a vampire turning into such a beast to wreak more havoc - awesome! But then - the problem with dispelling at the base value and to benefit from a red fury while being transformed would need a second vampire lord in army - and that's a lot of points and a lot of hassle for something not very sure... But well, the idea is still neat xD

Ripper

Grave Guard
Feb 27, 2014
I'm always going for the Red Dragon if I get this spell of anyway.

What I really like is if you get this off more than once, each time it's a new Red Dragon so you get that S5 breath weapon back.

Feb 1, 2013
Wisconsin
I always used to LOVE Transformation of Kadon on my flying Herald of Tzeentch with Loremaster Beast under the old Daemon book. Only used it in combat once, but turning into a Great Fire Dragon for that surprise S5 breath weapon down the side of a horde was so so so beautiful.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu