• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Turning ogres and thundertusk into zombies

Hey guys, ive been thinking about making a thundertusk with beastriders into some undead zombie like thing. Seems really cool to me, especially as i use a snowy base for my models and it kinda reminds me of Game of Thrones.

Has anybody here got experience with such conversions? What did you sculpt?

I have not yet used green stuff, so that might be a bit of a challenge, although i think making a bunch of guts wont be too hard? I can use arrows and spear to make these stick out of the skin etc.

What do you think? Any tips, examples, experiences to share?

Thanks!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
I love the idea. Some of us here have done some zombie ogres for our armies - check out ‘The Dead Shall Walk’ sub forum and look for inspiration in members’ PLOGs

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
This is indeed a great idea, ogres are one of the most convertable miniatures that GW ever produced. Even if you don't have any experience with them, it's a great starting point, you can learn a lot experimenting and just trying out whatever you think is best for you. If you want to tackle a whole thundertusk, cutting/scraping part of the plastic and putting there some greenstuffed mangled flesh and guts sounds like something that will be both easy to do and very good looking.

When it comes to looking for inspiration, you have to check out Bullhax's plog - he isn't posting here anymore, but that thread is still a treasure trove of great ideas for anyone wanting to do undead ogres and beastriders. Heck, it's even in the thread's name! Beyond that, I did some of those too, you can check them out HERE.

Ive been looking around and there are so many great ideas. I do think i will have to start with something smaller for now. Got to learn how to use green stuff etc. Furthermore i got a boat load of new minis this weekend, so i have enough work for the next year in regular minis ;-)