• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Nov 3, 2014
Chaos Dwarfs Online, being a creative hobby hub from the very start, have a larger hobby section than does most forums. Though it might not be of interest for this site to expand its own hobby forum section to the full extent which CDO has done, it should be apparent that there is something to gain from having a dedicated Tutorial section, i.e. only for tutorials and not for tutorial requests (those would go in M&P general). The ease of finding tutorial resources should not be underestimated in the longer scheme of things. Nurture your forum as a hobby hub, and keep a handy record of tutorials in a way which no Facebook thing ever can do.

As for tutorials, would it make sense to have them broken down into the subsections Modelling Tutorials and Painting Tutorials? Would make it even easier to find what one is looking for, especially when the mass of material grows in time.

Just an idea. :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
The idea is nice and noble, but I think that adding another sections with tutorials only is a bit too much. We have a THREAD which compiles our tutorials here - even if it's old as hell...

Still, your suggestion brought my attention to that thread, I'll try to update it a bit on the weekend :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
It's not like we have so much tutorial threads going on (well, you are changing that on your own and that's awesome ;) ) that it would be impossible to keep updated. Besides, a subsection won't keep itself tidy and organized on its own ;)

Nov 3, 2014
Hehe, well, an index compilation sticky sure is handy! Good work.

I might give you a run for your money with the updating in weeks/months to come. We'll see.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I had a similar thought, but I reached the conclusion as Borgnine. The best option, at this time, would be to use the prefix [Tutorial] and keep a sticky index topic updated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu