• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The sun had not been long set when the company of von Carsteins halted along the path to Karak Eight Peaks. The journey had been surprisingly uneventful, travelling in black coaches they had arrived at the base of the world edge mountains in a few days thanks to the unholy speed of the dead nightmares, another day had seen them scaling the treacherous mountain path and after the day had turned out to be overcast the consensus had been to carry on. As they walked they saw scars of past battles, skeletons of dwarfs mingled with orcs, holes in the rocks showed where gunshots had gone astray, at one point a huge boulder had been crushed into the middle of the path, whether this was by the dwarfs or a foul spell of their attackers time had eroded all clues.
Stopping next one of the various defiled statues that was on the approach to the main gates the party remained out of site before the last bend in the road,
“Are we here yet old chap?” drawled the cultured tones of Simon, “frankly I’m getting a bit bored, we’ve walked full day and night and not even a gobbo popped up for some sport.”
“I think so,” replied Milosh noting that he had seemed to be classed as the old chap or man now his age and heritage had been revealed, “the documents Lesa gave said one of the statues was a sally port, we are looking for one with this rune graved near its base, its magical so you will have to use your mage-sight.” he added, he could hear a few grumbles but the group set out to look. Thankfully with the vampire senses it did not take long before Jan called, walking over Milosh could see the symbol burning as brightly as it must have done the day it was forged, though it was so expertly done that only those who were looking for it would have known it was there. Kneeling next to it he pressed the section in a specific spot denoted by his instructions. Nothing happened for a second and Milosh began to wonder if he was mistaken before a stale smell hit his nose, looking round the other side of the statue he saw an opening just the right size for a dwarf, so precise was the engineering no sound had been made by its activation. Looking at the others Milosh gestured,
“Well ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Karak Eight Peaks.”

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Mircea looked at the small opening briefy before growing small and furry. In seconds his form was that of a dire rat which scampered throught the passageway. His followers likewise did the same.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Basingstoke or Nexeternus
An hour had passed since Mircea had entered to scout out the path ahead. Simon had not been idle in this time setting up a makeshift camp and a fire with help from Nar-Zuul. Milosh had queried this action and Simon had explained that they might as well enjoy the outside a little bit longer. "The dwarfs build to suit their size now this might work for them, Gobbos and Skaven but its going to be a tight fit for all of us who can't transform into rats." he explained removing a pipe from his his pocket lighting it and puffing on it while lying back to watch the moon. "I was always an outdoor man anyway" he commented "Some of my best poetry was written outside watching the stars and Morrsleib" Sariah came over and snuggled next to him. "Then I became a creature of darkness and suddenly I had to write during the hours of night." "For a while anyway" he added "Then I learned some secrets of our kind from Vlad himself about how to over come our weaknesses and you know what!" He was right about everything and now I am free to walk in the sun like a mortal man still weaker but the sun will never kill me now." "I'm surprised you never learned how Milosh." "It can give you a great advantage in combat."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Coming throught the passageway was a rat who transformed into Luke. ''It's mostly clear, we've spotted a few Dwarf patrols and the odd goblin but It seems that the dwarves are busy deeper in the tunnels for something'' The vampire reported. ''Mircea and my brother are deeper still'' he said.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Milosh was surprised at Simon's comments, for all his bluster and joking around sometimes it was easy to forget there was an intelligence and artistic soul behind it,
"The sunlight and I have never got on even when I was human," he replied, "so thankfully it didn't bother me when I was turned. Still I agree with what you are saying, being able to operate in sunlight is helpful so after many painful trials I figured out how to do it but not in any good fashion. It still burns like hell and my powers are a shadow of what they are but I can do it without bursting into flames. Most of the time I summon clouds, on an overcast day I'm ok though still sluggish." Looking round at the assembled vampires he wished Lesa was with him, it was the first time of quiet and relaxation there had been since this had started, it would have been nice to share it he mused. Cuddled up together Rowhaine and Rayla were in a deep sleep that only the dead can do, preparing to catch up on some rest himself Milosh was disturbed by a scratching before a rat appeared, transforming in Mircea's get Luke the young vampire delivered his news,
"I expected the dwarf patrols though I have no idea of what thier interest in the lower tunnels are," Milosh said before thinking, as much as he would have liked to rest time was pressing on, "well we had better make a start," he announced to the others startling his gets,"Luke if you want to lead the way to your master and then we will follow the map from there."

Jack of Blades

Necromancer
Feb 23, 2008
Stockholm
''No food for what's likely over an hour...'' mumbled Finelle as she almost stumbled out of their hiding place. ''Shh, you'll eat soon. Just don't blow our cover!'' replied Magneqrox, cautiously keeping his voice quiet.

Another human was carried into the roughly carved out chamber. The captors were Daemonettes, having managed to carefully drag away several adventurers to please their queen.

Licking her lips in a frenzy of greed, Finelle quickly grabbed the first human by the neck. Everything inside and outside of anything she ate was transformed into pure flesh as soon as it was inside her mouth. That was Slaanesh's first gift. The human was quickly gobbled down and managed to somewhat satisfy Finelle's endless greed. Her hands and lips were covered in blood when she was done with all of the captives.

''More humans... now...'' She said before grabbing and eating a Daemonette. The following moan of ecstacy was quite loud, loud enough to be heard. She couldn't and didn't want to resist eating another one. The Daemonettes rushed away.

Magneqrox was silently laughing to himself as the thoughts of what he'd do to the Council entered his mind. He didn't need to worry about the Council knowing of his presence, were they to find out. They had no means by which to find him.

''This time, she's going to feast upon all of you... hehehe...'' But something came over Magneqrox. Did he really want to kill them? destroy such a fine rivarly? thoughts worth pondering on. But if Finelle wanted to feast, then so she would.

He continued to contemplate on the plans, hoping for that rat-vampire who had contacted him out of nowhere, to appear. He seemed like a useful ally, although perhaps a bit meager, but that's what he was for.

For now, he had to wait...

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
High above the council huge bat-like wings flapped as huge Un-dead Wyvern circled above them. Merovich grinned evilly from his spot upon its huge back "Vengeance is best served cold and in large amounts" he thought, he had left his retinue days ago, for days he had fallowed the council,waiting until he knew were they were going, then when he had found out he had easily got here before them and turned the first Monstrous creature he found into his new mount "Indeed a Wyvern is a magnificent beast" he thought "The council does not stand a chance". Putting his helmet on the beast roared and dove down towards the council like a thunderbolt.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Simon continued to lie where he was as Sariah got up to join the others over by the entrance. He looked up into the sky and watched the moon for a few seconds when he noticed something else in the sky. "Ah a shooting star" he thought "I wander why there wasn't a twin tailed one during the war." "Didn't Sigmar think Vlad powerful enough to be worth bothering with." The shooting star got bigger and seemed to grow wings. Simon continued to watch it "Shooting stars don't get bigger they just get nearer." lectured the voice in his head "They don't have wings either" it said urgently Simon dwelt on that for a few minutes "Well if shooting stars don't have wings then that means!" "THATS ITS NOT A SHOOTING STAR BUT SOME SORT OF FLYING CREATURE COMING TOWARDS YOU AT A VERY FAST SPEED!!!!!!" the voice finished. Simon rolled out the spot he was in just a few seconds before the Wyvern slammed into it. Simon leapt to his feet. "I'm going to finish the argument on who's inferior now!" said Merovich grinning. Simon returned the grin "So this is why we didn't meet any gobbo's for sport around here" "Vashanesh has sent me this instead because he knew it would appeal to me." Merovich looked genuinely puzzled "Nobody sent me" "I am here of my own accord to kill you all" "Possibly" remarked Simon "But fighting Mircea is one thing." Fighting me is another thing altogether also are you sure that you're a BloodDragon?" he asked. Merovich was starting to lose patience "What the hell is wrong with this one why isn't he running" he thought out loud he shouted "Of course I'm sure that I'm a BloodDragon." "I see" said Simon "then are you not supposed to come up to me and challenge me to single combat?" "Not jump out of the sky on the back of a creature that should resting in peace and try to crush me whilst I'm having some kip."

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
As the huge creature landed Milosh took a step back from its huge bulk whipping out his enchanted blade, as he heard Simon's quip he shook his head hiding his smile, in an instant he had closed off the glimpse of the poets soul and the cocky front had appeared again,
"The rest of you, into the entrance now please," Milosh commanded, "I'm sure Simon and Merovich want to keep this between them." Rowhaine and Rayla quickly followed their masters orders but Sariah was reluctant to leave Simon in the face of the huge beast, placing a hand reassuringly on her shoulder Milosh said,
"I am sure Simon would not want the risk of you being hurt my lady, likewise I'm sure you would not want to distract him, do not worry I will remain and keep an eye on him, we are family now after all." Nodding in agreement she briefly kissed her lover before entering the low tunnel, satisfied that they were safely out of the way the Wraithlord nodded to Simon,
"Well its your show, and as much you wanton to please don't play with him, we are on a schedule."

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Merovich snickered at Lukes comment "Who has the Wyvern welp" he drew his sword "But alas the Von Carstein is right Honor dictates that I dismount and face him on even terms". The Blood Dragon slid from his mount, drawing his sword as he did so "I hope that you at least have some skill with the blade" Merovich rumbled before saluting Simon with his sword.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
"I am the greatest swordsman the von Carsteins ever produced." Simon announced "Mircea is generally the better fighter but when it comes to swords Mircea defers to me." he said drawing Animessor and standing his ground.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Merovich grinned ,of course his sire would not be pleased but what he didn't know didn't matter. lowering his visor Merovich raised his sheild slapping the flat of his blade against its face. The to vampires circled each other for a moment. Merovich scowled, "Enough of this foolishness" he thought,charging at Simon sword raised. Simon ducked underneath the blow and slashed out at Merovichs knees onley to hear it rap against the sheild. Merovich hopped back to avoid Simons back-swing, Merovich swang his sword around and stabbed out aiming for Simons heart. Simon parried and lashed out with his sword the Blade slid off of Merovichs helm and grazed the lager vampires shoulder."Hes toying with me" Merovich realized, lashing out quickly he sliced open Simons cheek showing the teeth behind. "Greatest swordsman indeed' Merovich said.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
As the two fighters constantly circled, each trying to get behind the others guard Milosh was quite impressed with the level of skill showed, it was one thing to see Simon face off against a human but to stand up to a Blood Dragon in combat was no easy feat.
As he moved to avoid Merovich who had leaped out of the way of Simon's attack Milosh stumbled into the Wyvern who's large head snaked round to look at the vampire, as the scaly snout came closer it paused before sniffing, as the creature recognised the scent of its masters foes it let out a deafening screech into Milosh's face,
"By the gods," choked the wraithlord, "what have you been feeding this thing Merovich? It smells worse than a harlots gusset after a hard days work!" As the beast attempted to turn to get a better view of the vampire Milosh took a step back, blade at the ready this time. As the Wyvern lowered its head to deliver another screeched he leaped forward almost into its jaws thrusting the enchanted sword up through the roof of its mouth and into its brain.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Simon placed a hand to his wound and then grinned the wound made it look even more hideous. "The first one's free." he said. Milosh was backing away from the Wyvern and suddenly found Nar-Zuul next to him. "What is Simon doing!?" he asked "The young master likes his opponents to go first its only fair." explained Nar-Zuul. Meanwhile Merovich unsure what to make of Simon leapt forward to attack but everywhere where he placed his sword Simon's seemed to get there before to deflect it Simon was making no effort to attack he just stood there defending himself with a big grin while Merovich was getting angrier and angrier and his moves were getting sloppier finally he leapt back furious "You're not taking this seriously!!!!" he shouted "are you afraid to fight!!!?" "No but if you can't even get past my guard how do you expect to kill me?" asked Simon leaping forward he aimed to behead Merovich. Merovich only just deflected the blow and then throwing it back aimed one of his own at Simon and was astounded when Simon caught it with his hands and then still holding on threw Merovich over his head Merovich landed awkwardly but still got his feet quickly just as Animessor pierced his shield arm Merovich screamed as the holy blade entered and was quickly withdrawn his arm was now useless he couldn't move it and it felt like had placed it the hottest part of a fire. He turned as Simon's sword pierced his leg and he fell to the ground writhing in pain "What sort of vampire carries a blade blessed by Morr!!!!!!!!?" he spat out "One who's been at war with his own kind for more years than he cares to remember" replied Simon knocking Merovich's sword away "Now the question is what am I to do with you?" he said squatting down next to Merovich.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
As Simon defeated Merovich Milosh turned his attention back to the Wyvern, his blow had damaged its brain and the beast was looking round in apparent confusion as to what to do next.Turning round it look at the vampires but its violent nature seemed to have disappeared as well as it snorted before ignoring them, lowering his blade Milosh realised the Wyvern was no longer a threat as it ambled off down the round trying to unsuccessfully use its wings. As it disappeared round a bend in the road Milosh walked over to Simon,
"May I suggest we wrap this up? We have a long walk ahead of us and I want to finish before this century is over."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
"Oh I think I can be a little more creative than that." remarked Simon getting to his feet he picked up Merovich's sword. "Congratulations Merovich you may have lost but you get to live today." with that he plunged the sword through Merovich's chest just missing his heart and pinning him to the ground. "Lets go shall we" said Simon smiling to Milosh and Luke.

Jan 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Not far from where the battle had taken place, two figures, a male clad in red armour and a lithe female in a black cloak stood watching. As Milosh and Simon entered the tunnel, the two strangers left their hiding place and walked up to the entrance. The male walked up to the wounded Merovich. "Well well. If it isn't the illustrious bootlicker Merovich. Beaten by two von Carsteins in one day. I bet your sire is turning in his grave right now."
Recognizing the vampire in front of him Merovich let out a snarl. "What do you and you Southland whore want, you bloodmutt?!" Ignoring the insult, the warrior picked up the blood dragon and tossed him off the mountain side.
"Thank you Drako" the female pressed herself against the warrior's armoured chest. "He was starting become offensive."
"You are most welcome my love. Come now Niamah, let us follow my dear cousins and uncle. I do not know what they are up to, but knowing Cousin Simon, I am sure it will suite our needs quite well. Drawing his sword the Sylvanian Blood Knight and his lover entered the passage.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
The vampire led them to a large chamber were Mircea and Jan waited. Nearby there was a ledge, below was a scene of a harsh battle. Below them hundreds of dwarfs and goblins fought each other to death.

''It seems we have stumbled on a little tussle'' Simon remarked, looked down at the warriros below. ''Indeed, they just encountered each other after I sent Luke to fetch you, besides what took you so long?'' Mircea inquired.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Looking over the ledge Milosh could see the vast underground hall that the battle was taking place in, no doubt one of the main throughways in the dwarfs heydays it was massive stretching off into the distance, with pillars the width of six ogres stretching up into the vast cavernous roof. Below them the masses fighting seemed small in comparison but it was just an illusion created by the size of the hall, sunlight filtering in through great shafts in the ceiling clearly displayed the scene as dwarf warriors stoutly repelled the goblin hordes that repeatedly charged them. Cracks of gunfire sounded as Thunderers peppered the flanks of the greenskins before they were in turn subject to return bow fire, the noise was overwhelming as screeches and bellows echoed in their ears and from the look of it the battle had just started.
Stepping back Milosh checked his map, before briefly looking up at the hall and checking he was right, nodding his head he pocketed the parchment before slowly drawing his blade,
"Well unfortunately the way to the artifact is on the other side of that hall,"he said turning back to the others,"and the only route detailed on the map is through that fight." As looks of glee appeared on some of the faces, notably Simon, Mircea and Jan, Milosh shook his head,
"We are not entering this battle to beat them, just to make our way through, we do not have the time to enjoy this so no glory hunting." Even as he finished speaking Milosh shook his head again, "I really am starting to sound like an old man,"he muttered to himself before gesturing to the others,"Stick together, as strong as we think we all are there's plenty down there to get us killed, especially the dwarf runic weapons and I intend all of us to come out the other side."

Jan 24, 2008
Winnipeg
"Sounds like a good idea." From the tunnel emerged the armoured Vampire and is female companion.
"Who are you?" asked Milosh, eying the newcomers.
"I am Drako von Carstein, Blood Knight of Sylvania. This is my mistress Niamah. We have heard of the Council's plot and would be honoured to join. And if no one else has claimed the honor, I intend on being the one to finish of Mannfred."

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Merovich howled in pain as he rolled down the mountain side, reaching out a hand he stopped his descent, dragging himself to his feet he gripped his sword firmly with both hands he ripped it out of his chest. Pain tore through his body causing him to cry out, clutching his wound the knight dropped to his knees "I swear now I shall see this council destroyed, crushed beneath my heel" the Blood Dragon shouted into the night sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu