• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Chapter 40 - Khemri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
The gleaming radiance of the sun reflected off of golden finery, weapons and armor glinting in the morning sun. Ptra bathed the procession in his full glory as if to bless them and proclaim that they marched forth with the will of the divine pantheon at their backs.

The trek to Khemri had been uneventful. With an army of the undead at their command no bandit or renegade tribesmen sought to incur the wrath of the Vampire Council contingent.

Reshorn and Katie had kept to their own counsel, remaining in each other’s company and seldom addressing Sammael or Rowhaine. Rowhaine and Sammael were both consumed by their own thoughts. Sammael mulled over his coming audience with the Settra and Rowhaine’s mind was presumably beyond the ken of mortal and undead alike.

As the majesty of Khemri appeared on the horizon, a renewed vigor entered Sammael’s step. His injuries had healed on the long journey and he was eager to converse with the king of Nehekhara.

All too soon the jewel of the desert, the once great city of Khemri reared before them, its windswept avenues derelict and devoid of life. Once the gem of one of the greatest empire’s of man it was now the abode of a vengeful king who brooded away the centuries awaiting the time to enact his revenge upon the Usurper…

“The great city Khemri,” Sammael’s voice was gruff and harsh from disuse, his eyes bleary from the blazing sunlight.

“Settra will have been alerted to our coming. We must make haste to meet him, he will not take kindly to an army simply sitting beside his city without his command…”

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
To Rowhaine's eyes the city of Khemri appeared as city of darkness. It stank so strong of corruption and death that he was surprised that none of the others had said anything. But then, ever since he had changed they had barely spoke to him.

It had not got any easier during their long journey. As they days and nights had passed, his powers had grown in unexpected ways. His pale skin gave off an inner glow of the divine, which was echoed by the golden brown eyes that burned brightly. Everything about him was the opposite of what he used to be, and even though he had managed to look past the dark natures of his comrades, it was obvious they had not.

"How do you suggest we approach?" he asked, his godly voice echoing, "while Settra may not want this small army outside his city, I very much doubt he would be any happier for it to march inside."

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
"Only you and I shall approach, Rowhaine. Reshorn and Katie will remain with the army. Settra is possessed of an ancient hatred of vampires and any vampire will only serve to deter him from entering into any lasting agreement." Sammael turned towards Reshorn and Katie, "obscure yourselves from view. Settra will no of your presence, but we must at the very least have the dignity to obscure you from sight. In his eyes it is an insult that I have brought you here even if it were with good reason, but it would be a death sentence to flaunt your presence."

He stepped towards Khemri, gazing upon the derelict city which once had been a gem of these lands, truly a gift from the gods. "If all are in accordance we shall proceed."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Reshorn and Katie had struggled through the desert since joining the undead force, they had done poorly in comparison to the Skaven or divine-champion.
For Reshorn's part the winds of magic where weak in the desert making it difficult for him to sustain himself on Dhar nor had he drank any of the replenishment potions he carried instead giving what he could spare to Katie.
On Katie's part the bright sun would have destroyed the young get only for Reshorn casting various spells to block the harsh effects of the light on the young vampiress. She was also perpetually hungry for despite Reshorn's potions there where never enough nor did they provide the satisfaction nor fulfillment that real blood provided...she had also been staring hungrily at Rowhaine at different intervals.

Reshorn shrugged slightly as Saamael spoke and then turned to Katie
"I've killed enough of these tomb kings to warrant hatred." he said with a faint smile.
Turning he bowed his head slightly to Saamael;
"Good luck lord Saamael." he murmered, the vampire had noticably came to lose his loathing for the Skaven and now spoke to with respect if not with friendship.
"Come, come my dear." he said in a sarcastic tone tone as he offered his arm to the young Vampiress and Katie grinned happily taking the offered arm as if the other vampire was something else other than a rotting corpse.
Then with a glance at Rowhaine, an almost regretful one, Reshorn led Katie off deeper into the Army ranks.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
"Let's go," Rowhaine finally said to Sammael, watching the two vampires walk off with a touch of wistfullness. Turning on his heel he started to walk towards one of the main gates, making sure his hands were kept open. He knew the Tomb Kings were righfully suspicious, and he did not want them to give them any reason to attack. His open hands spoke of no duplicity, and upright manner of truthfulness.

"What do you know of Settra?" Rowhain questioned Sammael as they walked, "do you think he will fairly hear of our request?"

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
It seems as if the winds of the desert swept up to meet them as the small group approached the wind-bored stonewalls of massive city before them. Sand grains pelted them as the storm blew, reshaping the very land before them, the hills and dunes parting and shifting in the sun to reveal a cohort of skeletal figures, bleached bones shining white in the sun and armor polished by millennia of grinding sands glinting brightly. Shields were raised in defense and spears lowered, bows aiming towards the vampires to ward off any hint of offense.
“Identify yourselves, intruders!” A hollow, echoing voice sounded out over the deathly silent ranks of skeletal guardians as a single figure stepped forward, clad in ragged bandages and a suit of armor shining in the bright desert sun. A flail made of bone hung from the figure’s withered hands and his eyes glowed with an unearthly radiance.
“Who dares to intrude upon the holy city of Khemri?”

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sammael bowed deeply. He had known that the masters of the desert would not take kindly to the presence of intruders. He was however curious as to the appearance of a Priest, for only a Priest could draw upon the powers of the divine. Settra had long since cast out the cabal of Priest which had held sway over Khemri upon his Awakening. Their ineptitude in failing to prevent the rise of the Thrice Cursed Nagash and their blatant lies had infuriated Settra to no end prompting him to exile them from the sacred city.

Events must have unfolded far faster than he had thought if Settra had resorted to summoning the Priests once more to his side. The power hunger fools would go to no end to appease the Priest King and curry his favor. Their ambition and age old hatred would undoubtedly blind them to the benefit of an alliance with the so called Vampire Council. The foresight in having recalled the priests did bode well for negotiations with the Priest King.

"Voice of the divine, it heartens me to know that the almighty Settra has granted you refuge once more in this most blessed city. I am Sammael, servant of the almighty Settra, ambassador of the desert lands to the estranged east. I set forth in the search of allies to crush the Thrice Accursed Usurper. In my travels I came across mighty beings, whose vassals I have brought to these lands. I seek an audience with the Almighty Settra that I may attend to his will and recount of my travels."

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
At the sudden appearance of the stranger Rowhaine's hand itched to draw his weapon, but he resisted the urge. He had heard very little of Settra when he was a vampire, and his travels across the desert had only granted him a small insight into the ancient ruler. What he did know though was the the King was proud and arrogant, and would no doubt be looking for a reason to refuse him entrance. He would not give him it.

After Sammael's speech Rowhaine also spoke in his godly voice,
"I also come bearing a message from Queen Khalida. I am the chosen of the Asph goddess and bear her touch. Though the Usurper undid the Covenant, a way to remake it has been shown, a way to return the strengths and blessings of the gods to Nehekhara once more."

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
The prince considered the vampires before him intently, his flail grasped in both hands, wringing the weapon's ivory handle in contemplation.
"Enemies of the Usurper are welcome here, as are those blessed by the Asph goddess, however children of Neferata are scorned by the Lord Settra of Khemri and are not allowed within its holy walls. I will dispatch a missive to his holiness, explaining the situation, perhaps a compromise may be agreed upon before further discussion begins."
The prince turned, his golden armor glinting in the sun as he gestured quickly to one of the skeleton horsemen behind him. The motion was one merely of show, or perhaps habit as the skeletal steed galloped across the sands, driven by the will of his master and bound with the instructions in the Tomb Prince's mind.

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
"And for that I thank you Great One", bowing very low, Sammael set about making himself as presentable as he could given the duration of time he was out on the march. He was exhausted but Settra would demand no less than utter equipoise even at the limits of physical stamina. He briefly contemplating downing a restorative potion before dismissing it. No doubt it would simply be regarded as an act of weakness on Settra's part.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Rowhaine bowed to the prince as well, before drawing back slightly with Sammael,

“Do you think Settra will agree?” he murmured to the Skaven, “and if he does, will he listen fairly to what we have to say?”

Farther north from where the others are meeting.. Muuuuch farther North.. a huge Orc riding a massive boar thunders through dilapidated gates into what appears to be a smashed up Dwarf Hold. Orc graffiti and banners abound in the place, and in many places the defenses have been crudely patched up. Goblin spearmen attempt to bar the Orcs way, but he just smashes through them, sending screaming gobbos flying through the air.

One of them the huge Orc snatches out of the air as he rides, and holds the creature upside down as he looks at it.

"I loik yooz." the warboss says. "I finkz I'ze name yooz... Fingy. So Fingy.. Yooz takez me too da 'venta."

Fingy just kinda scream and wails in fear.

"Roight! To da lef' den! Fanks Fingy!"

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
A lone figure raced across the Khemrian sands, kicking up a plume of dust that made it visible from a great distance. It was a skeletal warrior, bedecked in ancient armor of bronze and gold that glittered in the sun. He approached the Tomb Prince at the head of his undead force, offering a scroll of bleached white papyrus and branded with the jade seal of the Scarab. The Tomb Prince took the scroll, unraveling it with care, hit withered eyes passing over the archaic script that covered the scroll’s face. He looked up at the vampires, his face unreadable.
“High Lord Settra has allowed you audience within Khemri, however, your kind is not normally permitted within the holy city, and several precautions must be taken.”
The prince squinted at the Vampires, as if on bright sun, surveying each in turn.
“All items of weaponry and armor must remain here, in the care of my guardians. All items of magic nature and those enchanted must remain here as well. You may be assured that they will be in safe keeping, as the dead do not cultivate the idea of theft or disloyalty. In addition, no magics are to be cast within Khemri’s holy walls.
If you agree to these terms, then strip those items of your bodies and be welcome to the holy city of Khemri, throne of Settra the Imperishable and the jewel of Nehekhara!”

Drog_Manslayer said:
Farther north from where the others are meeting.. Muuuuch farther North.. a huge Orc riding a massive boar thunders through dilapidated gates into what appears to be a smashed up Dwarf Hold. Orc graffiti and banners abound in the place, and in many places the defenses have been crudely patched up. Goblin spearmen attempt to bar the Orcs way, but he just smashes through them, sending screaming gobbos flying through the air.

One of them the huge Orc snatches out of the air as he rides, and holds the creature upside down as he looks at it.

"I loik yooz." the warboss says. "I finkz I'ze name yooz... Fingy. So Fingy.. Yooz takez me too da 'venta."

Fingy just kinda scream and wails in fear.

"Roight! To da lef' den! Fanks Fingy!"
"Uh boss?" a goblin squeaked as he took several steps away from the massive orc aiming some sort of contraption at another far more nervous goblin.

"Wat izzit?" The orc snapped. "Can't ya see I'm bizy workin 'ere?" he said as he began staring down the thing's barrel.

"U-uh, sum 'un wantz to see ya boss," the goblin continued, shifting nervously in place.

"Go tell 'im ta git lost," the orc responds, clearly impatient. "I gotz too many fings to test to yap wiff evry git dat wants ta,"

"W-Well da fing is boss, 'e's aleady inside,"

"WAT!" the orc roars, lowering his weapon and facing the messenger much to the relief of the other goblin. "Ow'd da git penatrate mah ingeniuz defenses!"

"'E walked in through the front gate boss,"

The orc pauses to stroke his massive gray beard, crudely attached to jaw with rather visible prosthetics. "Roight, roight, always da front...did that git there send 'im to da squig-pit?"

"Da left path roight?"

"Roight," the orc concurs. "If 'e went down dere da squig's 'll git 'im good. Nuthun to worry 'bout. Now git outa here 'fore I line ya up with dis otha git,"

The goblin makes a quick bow and runs off managing to let out a quick "Roight you are lord Orcimedes,"

Orcimedes doesn't even watch him go and instead returns to aiming his weapon at the still immobile goblin. The device began to hum with power as Orcimedes's finger tightened around the trigger, shaking the very air around it, ready to unleash the hellish blast its (insane) creator until the device finally emitted...a half-hearted spark and a puff of smoke. "A 'nuther failuh!" Orcimedes roared, violently throwing the thing onto the stone floor. Without warning, the device activated, sending an incandescent green ball through the air where it promptly bored through multiple walls of the fortress. "Of Course!" Orcimedes explains lifting a gnarled finger into the air. "Hittin da fing makes it work! Forgot mah oldest trick, I did," he said as he picked up the contraption and placed it gently on a workbench. "Less see gitz behind dem stone walls hide from me dis time,"

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Rowhaine paused at the princes word’s unsure of whether he was willing to walk into the city unharmed.

A weapon is naught but a tool. The wielder behind it is the true power. Show Settra you have my favour, unite the cities. You must move swiftly Rowhaine, for a storm is approaching. The Black is returning home.

“Then we have an agreement,” Rowhaine replied, holding out his khopesh handle first, “though have care. This weapon has been touched by Asaph herself, and should be treated with reverence.”

Turning round he called for Reshorn and Katie out of the small army of dead, waiting patiently as the two vampires approached.
“I assume you heard the Prince’s request? We must acquiesce to if we have any hope to speak to Settra.”

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Reshorn nodded slightly
"Indeed we must go with the Great Kings commands in his own home." the vampire rasped.
Reaching into his robes he took out a sheathed dagger similar in design to that the Tomb Kings would weild only along the sheath Nagashi runes crawled.
"This dagger is my only weapon...be careful with it though if the blade even touches your flesh it will drain your soul from you and make you truely dead but your soul will not go to the Gods or any afterlife you wish." the vampire said with a note of sadistic amusement.
The warrior seemed somewhat afraid to take the Dagger but the vampire shoved it onto him seemingly amused.
"Also there are these." he muttered.
Reshorn took out a bundle containing a Paint Brush, blank scrolls and arcane inks.
"These allow me to create arcane glyphs."
The Necrarch then gestured at Katie and nodded reassuringly.
Reluctantly she withdrew a simple dagger that had faint dark runes upon the blade
"Its a normal Dagger but Reshorn enchanted it on the journey." she said mostly to herself however before she could hand it over Reshorn tore it from her grasp causing a few of Settra's soldiers to raise their own weapons.
However the Necrarch merely tore a piece of cloth from his own robes and wrapped it around the bare blade
"Sorry no sheath and the enchantment is created to drain Necromantic energy so it would destroy any undead construct." he explained as he handed the weapon over.

Then glancing at Rowhaine he spoke somewhat coldly
"There we Vampires have followed your orders Holy one" he sneered
However Rowhaine could see there was little hostility in his former friend's undead features but another emotion he couldn't recognise.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Reshorn's words stung, though Rowhaine made no sign that they has affected him. Such comments had become common place on the journey, and he knew any reaction seemed to only encourage more of them.

"Thank you, though I would prefer if you called me by my name," he muttered, before turning back the the glaring form of the Prince,
"We are ready."

"Fingy! I sezzed take me ta da 'venta!" Arg waves the screaming goblin around over his head.. then brains another goblin that gets to close with him. Fingy suddenly goes silent then, and Arg holds him up and looks at him. "Oi! Wakez up yooz Fingy!" But Fingy doesn't wake up. Maybe the fact that Arg cracked his skull has something to do with that, maybe not, but what we do know is that smoking did not do that to Fingy.

Arg drogs Fingy, and then charges forward on his mighty boar, grabbing another goblin along the way. "Oi! I loikz yooz! I finkz I'll namez ya Fingy!" the goblin screams.. but then its screams are cut short as its disintegrated by a big green blast that comes through one of the walls!

"Oh no! Fingy!!" Arg looks distraught, very sad indeed.. then he realizes he's still holding the new Fingy's foot. Which he promptly shoves into his mouth. "Fingy iz gone.. but 'is taste lingaz on!" Then the Warboss realizes something.. green blast.. inventor.. maybe if he follows the holes in the wall he'll find the one he's looking for?! NAAAAAAH! But he does smell some slop in that direction!

"Get away from me slop, yooz gitz!" And he charges on... this time towards Orcimedes.. well.. not there.. but the slop bucket his Gobos left for him anyways.

Orcimedes glanced around his workshop, the thrill of another successful creation long since gone.

"Now wot?" he mused, looking at the target goblin and drumming his fingers on the work bench. The goblin, still unwilling to move, finally speaks when realizing he has the inventor's be-goggled gaze upon him. He looks shiftily from side to side before piping "Y-Ya want me to ansa?"

"O COURSE I WANT YA TA ANSA YA STOOPID GIT!" Orcimedes roars, knocking the work bench over and causing another blob of green to fire out of the gun, which consequently burned a hole through the room's ceiling. The goblin at this point had descended into full panic screaming out some of Orcimedes's projects. "D-D-Da steam arma! Da runty flya fingy! Da krazy squigs! Da endless shoota! Anyfing!"

Orcimedes glares at the goblin before his hand goes to his stolen beard, stroking it pensively. "Youz just given me an idea stunty. Wut if took da krazy squigs, gave em da steam arma, strapped da runty flya fing onto em, and den belted on da endless shoota! It's ingeniuz!" he says, that old half-mad half-overly excited voice that always accompanied when he thought up something "brilliant"

"I'm gonna need squigs, tuff plates, burny stuff, and lots and lots of gubbins! Come on stunty! Invenshuns an science await!" he exclaimed as he rushed out the door into one of the Fortress's many long corridors. However, something was off this time. Something big and riding what appeared to be a large boar was thundering toward Orcimedes and his goblin. Seeing as the thing on the boar was too big for a goblin and the robo-boar project was still in design phase Orcimedes deduced that this was an intruder of some kind. Orcimedes reaches into his beard and pulls out a small black square. "Supply boyz? Git me mah shoota. Some git's ridin around in 'ere," he mutters into it, more annoyed than worried. Within moments, there's a flash of light and Orcimedes's infamous Orcstone shoota is firmly gripped in his hand. Pointing it at the still advancing boar rider he yells "'Oo da zog are you and wat are ya doin in my fortress?"

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
The weapons quickly disappeared into the mass of bleached, Skeletal warriors. Their ranks parted, and eight massive beasts emerged. Each was at least twice as tall as a man with a head representing a different animal of the desert. In their taloned hands they carried enormous ceremonial blades engraved with ancient glyphs. These were the legendary Ushabti, the living statues, and they formed about the vampires. The tomb prince beckoned the group onwards.
The massive gates that stood set into the white walls of the city creaked open as if they had not been moved in a thousand years, and the vampires and their guardians moved into a silent city.
There was nothing there, not the sound of a bird or any animal of any kind. No voices could be made out chiming about the streets and no citizens strolled down the avenues and alleyways on their daily business. Only skeletal guards stood watch at positions that they had not left in centuries, perhaps millennia.
The group paraded past enormous monuments that had stood the tests of time simply to exist, but now stood empty, forgotten and unadmired. Massive pyramids towered over the buildings of the city, ornate and stately palaces of long-dead dignitaries and kings, temples and places of worship, blasted by sands and winds.
Through numerous arches recording the victories of Khemrian kings the procession marched, to the main square of the city, where an ornate obelisk detailed the history of the city, from its founding by Settra himself to the betrayal of Nagash. Beyond the obelisk stood the royal palace, the seat of Settra's power.
Great pillars held up the enormous roof of the building and a massive dome rose from the center of it into heavens like the earth itself rising to meet the skies. It was into this mighty edifice that the Tomb Prince brought the vampires, marching past ranks of embalmed guardians, ancient weapons clutched in their hands. Through the long, dusty halls and baroque antechambers he took them, before they faced the mighty doors of the throne room. As the doors opened, the prince proclaimed in his hollow, rattling, ancient voice;
"Behold, High King Settra, Lord of the earth, lord of the sky, ruler of the four horizons, lion of the infinite desert, great hawk of the heavens, radiant sun, king of the shifting sands, vanquisher of enemies reigning until the end of time, eternally sovereign, he who holds the scepter, Khemrikhara, the Great Lord Settra the Imperishable! Go now, and let his visage look upon you."

The vampires entered into a vast room, their bodyguard having left them. Across the polished stones of the floor sat a sedentary throne, massive in its magnificence, tall and imposing of gold and onyx. Tomb guard surrounded it, their weapons eternally at the ready and embalmed generals and princes of the realm stood about, staring at the vampires with hostility. Upon the throne sat a figure, stately even in death, his decaying body embalmed in myriad sheets of linens and soaked in pungent oils. In one had he held a mighty blade that reached from the dias upon which the throne stood and almost to the figure's full height, blessed by Ptra himself as it shimmered and shined in the ample sunlight that streamed into the enormous room. His other hand held a golden scepter, royal and bejeweled, its head the form of a grinning skull. Atop his head sat the tall crown of Nehekhara that proclaimed him the ruler of the sands, and on his body he wore golden armor, untarnished by age or battle. Truly, he was awesome, and his eyes pierced the vampires, willing them to speak.

"Wotz it look loik I'z doin! I'z ridin Muffin an' eatin slop!!!" The Warboss yells back at Orcimedes. Well that explains that. Ok it really doesn't, but anyway. It appears our protagonist has forgotten why he's come, and grabs a slop bucket and upends it into his huge, gaping, bloody maw.

Then he grabs a gobo and uses it to wipe his mouth. "Dere.. datz a guud nakpin!" then, he looks at the inventor again, and a little lightbulb goes off in his head, and the massive green dome tilts to the side. "Oi! Me shamans sent dis ta tellz ya I'z comin!"

The big Warboss reaches into his armor and pulls out a crumpled, blood crusted piece of hide, and tosses it at Orcimedes. Yes, they sent word that he's coming with him.. to give to Orcimedes to let him know he's there. Orcs are strange, strange creatures.

Upon opening the "letter" it's really just a crudely painted Orc face and the words "Iz comin!" skrawled on it.

"Soze.. I'z goin wiff me boyz ta Krump dat Naggy Git wot Gork an' Mork wantz krumped. Dey sezzed yooz comin wiff yooz boyz and gobz and fingz wot yooz make too an' dat y ooz olready noze dis an'll be reddy ta goze wenz I getz 'ere! Soze now yooz jus' gotz ta waitz fer me ta get 'ere and den we can go!"

He nods his head green bean, his maw drooling blood, looking at Orcimedes. Then he idly reaches out, grabs another Gobo.. and lifts him up. "Fingy! Were has yooz been?!"

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Rowhaine felt a moment of doubt under Settra’s malevolent gaze. It was clear to see that he was only staying his hand until he had heard what they had to say, and if he did not like what he heard, the would die. Noticing the others looking at the King uncertainly, he knelt down on one knee, bowing his head and gesturing for the others to do the same.

“Oh wise and gracious ruler of the sands. I am Rowhaine, the chosen of Asaph. I come in peace bearing the word of Khalida and through her the words of my goddess. The news we bear is most dire, as the Dark Lord walks abroad once more and threatens everything we hold dear. Alone we cannot hope to prevail, but together we may have a hope. Thus I come offering an alliance with the armies of my queen, and also as a representative of the Vampire Council, I offer you an alliance with them also.”

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Reshorn nodded and stepped slightly bowing his head deeply as he dropped to one knee
"Great Lord you know our strength, I am the get of the one called V'azrin who is apart of this council and by no means the most powerful member. Yet we can not stand against the Great Necromancer alone!" the Necrarch rasped.
A few of the attendants muttering amongst themselves knowing the name of the Blasphemer Priest V'azrin.
Reshorn was about to speak once more when a voice rather like his own spoke
"Reshorn....Reshorn...you should keep quiet...don't you know your place amongst your betters?" it giggled
The attending representitives of the council all turned to see a Necrarch step out from behind Settra's throne
"I am here to...advise...the Great Eternal King in matters of the vampiric nature." the Necrarch informed them, his decaying face grinning widely.
Despite the lack of sanity in the vampire's appearance Settra seemed happy to allow the Necrarch to speak.
Reshorn froze, out of all the vampires in the world this was the only one who could ruin this meeting...if he told Settra what he knew of Reshorn and V'azrin....they where doomed.
Instead however the Necrarch smiled at Reshorn
"Well? Arn't you going to introduce me to your friends?" he asked in a disgusting voice that attempted to sound sweet.
Reshorn licked his lips
"R..rowhaine...this is Nekhlior...a brother of V'azrin..."

Nekhlior grinned.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
"Be silent."
Settra's voice was deep and powerful, carrying with it the strength and experience of ages. The vampires' mouths closed quickly at the command.
"I will not waste my time with the bickering of you cursed vampires. Nekhlior has been a aid of late despite his parentage, and these are dark times. Nagash the betrayer is on the move and his armies cross the sands more and more frequently now than ever in the last two thousand years."
Settra's eyes shined from the deep sockets of his withered, dessicated flesh like tiny suns as he affixed them on the grovelling Rowhaine.
"A child of Neferata blessed by Khalida and Asaph? Your very existence is hard to believe, but you have the aura of the Asp Goddess about you. Your favor in her eyes is yet another indication of change, is it not?"
Settra swept his eyes about the group before him once again.
"The armies of Khemri are mighty indeed. Forces to rival those of the very gods, they say. Nagash has laid low for a hundred generations of mortals, but his destruction has been afforded for. Khemri will see it done, but we do not need the help of Lybaras or this council of weakling council of vampyre."

"Naggy?" Orcimedes says puzzled. "Youz mean that sorcyer git wiff da gitish clothes? I tout 'e was ded. And who da zog said I was doin anyfing? No one ordas me 'round!" Orcimedes bellows, firing his shoota wildly. "Cept me of course," Orcimedes quickly adds, seeing a flaw in his logic ceasing his wild shooting.

"So gimmie one reason why I should git me boyz and invenshuns and fight Naggit da Sorcyer,"

Status
Not open for further replies.