• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Feedback and Constructive Criticism

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
This thread is for all our fans (hopefully!) who want to leave feedback, critcism (constructive only) and any suggestions or idea's.

If you like anyone in particular please feel free to mention, nothing is worth more to a writer to know thier creations are well received.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
RE: Feedback and Constructive Criticism

I have. You know, I haven't actually used the name Abhorash as a swear in my posts at all. I like the idea though, and I will continue.

Drakki

Grave Guard

i never imagined that this idea would be this successful
lets keep this up for as long as possible guys

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Has anyone got a favourite moment thus far? Mine is split between the battle between Lesa / Milosh and Magneqrox and thier subsequent death and the duel between Gotrek and Vekarin.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood

I liked the Lase/Milosh vs. Chaos Vampires scene. Another favorite is the fight against the Witchhunters in the second chapter.

Voltaire

Master Necromancer
True Blood

The godmodding is beginning to bug me. In minor dialogue cases I can understand but some people aren't justifying their actions when they accomplish them.

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood

yeah, i agree with that. there are RPG sites out there (im on a couple) where some of the things ive seen would end up in the posters being banned (well, if they persisted in doing it)
that and people controlling other peoples characters. half the time its just like people are posting segments of a story, regardless of whose characters are involved, rather than just posting about their characters actions. i can understand it in supplemental pieces (would be impossible otherwise obviously :rolleyes:) but sometimes i think its just like this thing is just one person posting about the characters of a lot of other people. not hugely annoying, but still, sometimes i dont see the point in having all these people, when sometimes people are posting about the actions of other players as much as their own :lol:

Would be helpful to mention who these posters are...
It takes too long to ask everyone for permission, the battle scenes and such are all planned out with PM (at least I usually plan stuff with Disciple). I don't really think it hurts to say a line or so for a character, to prevent characters from turning into stone with every post except their own.

But again, mention who they are. But I also agree that it's kind of pointless to have an ''RP'' where everyone writes about everyone, but I don't think it's gotten to that point yet. You simply have to write for other characters sometimes, otherwise I agree.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood

The 'godmodding' I've done (as far as I can remember it's only two instances) I did in order to get a scene over with as quickly as possible. If I hadn't godmodded the scene between Lesa and I it would have gone on for several more pages with each post becoming more and more unlikely. It gets boring and stale when a personal duel goes on that long.

Agreed... I want action, swift bleedin' action! not ''hi'' next post ''hi'' next post ''so i met magneqrox'' next post ''yep me too'' next post ''should we kill him? '' next post'' ''yup'', and so on.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood

"I swing my sword."
"I block your sword and swing my other sword."
"I block your other sword and use a scary lightning bolt to kill you."
"I dispell it and kick you."
"My armor stops me from feeling it..."

That's what it would have been like. wayyy to slow.

What can I say instead of god? I don't wanna say that stupid word :/
Hmm, I'll say sod instead and report my success when I'm home!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

I'm not sure if I gomod or not and I apologise if I do however I will say one thing, many of the scenes where I do include other characters dialogue / actions are:
1 - Discussed in advance via PM such as with Jack for Magneqrox or Azahul when when he over took the village
2 - Small simple one liners that do not reflect the characters actions or feelings but to help smooth over certain parts
3 - To advance the stroy when it gets help up such as when Gree asked me to for the hunting thread

I've always PM's people if I 've wanted to do something involving thier character, if I've upset anyone please say so!

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Vekarin the Dark Bladed said:
Try saying that five times fast...
Do I god mod? I hope to god that I don't god mod.

Do I god mod? I hope to god that I don't g-DAMMIT!

Almost had it.

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood

well, my problem isnt with the fights and such (especially since some RPG fights turn out exactly as you describe Vekarin, no one does anything because the other person always just manages to stop it :rolleyes:) however, there are some cases where it happens that i know are happening without the players consent (ie is happening to me :lol: Simon blasting Rask off the ceiling then picking him up by the scruff of his neck comes to mind, that scene sorta annoyed me, though it turned out allright. i think though that my annoyance was influencing my thinking at the time though, Rask probably wouldnt have left the council if it hadnt have been for that)
i dunno, maybe im just seriously stuck up and easy to annoy :(
mind you, it could just be me it seems to happen to more than anyone else, since im not online when everything is happening :'( resulting in people having to make my characters react more than usual. thats my fault though, not anyone elses

Vekarin strode through the long, deserted halls of the Violet Citadel. He was glad to finally be rid of the squabbles of the petty Vampire Lords. He had not seen such stupidity wince the reign of Vlad during the Wars of the Vampire Counts, and did not wish to again. Perhaps forcing the Lords to cease their incessant infighting and face a common task or foe would show them the reason they were truly within his innermost sanctum. If it did not, then he would have no reason to keep them alive as their armies would better be put to use fulfilling the original will of the Council incorporated into his own, and he would dispose of them.
As he strode down a long, dark hall that resembled almost every other one within the fortress identically, Vekarin's balefire eyes espied a dark shadow upon the floor. As he neared the area, Vekarin saw it to be a dark-robed figure. It was Zosz, chief Necromancer to the Scarred Rose, lying on his side upon the cold stone floor.
"What in Abhorash's name are you doing there!?" Vekarin asked angrily. It was not like his chief spellcasters to sweep the floors with their own bodies. Zosz simply held up a hand, urging Vekarin to wait. Vekarin had to suppress the urge to kick the prone figure repeatedly, but when Zosz did something strange, it was usually important. After a few moments Vekarin grew once again impatient and boomed.
"Well? What is it?"
"I hear something." A low and rasping voice replied, yet underneath the exterior it seemed slightly rambunctious.
"What?" Vekarin asked.
"Digging."
Vekarin, this is one of my favorite posts in the whole RP. It's just so comical :D

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood

Thanks. I just love the idea of Zosz lying on the floor like that, I was laughing very hard when I wrote it. If you know Zosz like I do (I've played him for a number of years) you would think this to be even funnier.