• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Aww I saw date and I th...err...yes, yes manly death battle

Guess we just need to see what Mr Nightwere says then

Edit: Alright then I'll post in a few moments continuing from where Vek left off.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl shoved his way through the crowd he wore a lesser set of armour rather than his usual heavier set and the Cloak of Souls which normally would have made him stick out like a sore, dark magic, thumb.
Luckily Ademus had provided him with powerful enchantments to make the Cloak itself now appear as a normal black one, which was drawn around the vampire's armour.

The Baron cursed, he was not one for being subtle and indeed he would be strongly surprised if mortals did not go running as soon as he unsheathed his wailing blade.
Turning Karl strode down a dark Alley.
He soon saw his target, the Blood Dragon bride of the fool Vekarin...yes her death would make him suffer.
He walked briskly now, pushing aside the mortal peasants who got in his way, ten feet away.
He strode quicker, six feet away.
He unsheathed the Vampire's Fang urging it to be silent.
She was now within striking distance, the von Carstein was no fool, he would give her no warning.
He raised his sword to bring it down onto the back of the woman's head.
The Blade Wailed.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Victarias senses picked up the unsheathing of the sword even as it was drawn from its scabbard, but in such an environment, such a sound is easily discounted. As the blade sped towards her, whistling through the air, her ears picked it up clearly and she spun with a near-feline grace, twisting away from the magical sword. It missed her by mere centimeters.
Acting quickly on her opponent's surprise, Victarias kicked the blade away from her and jumped back, a flick of her wrist unsheathing her own blades. She saw her opponent, a figure swathed in a dark cloak, armor visible through his covering, and decided not to allow him the luxury of another attack.
Like lightning her weapons swung, each attacking from a different quarter.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl cursed angrily under his breath, the two blades whistled through the air with deathly accuracy he twisted and parried quickly trying to gain distance to regain his composure.
Holding his sword in two hands he smashed aside the BLood Dragon's attack with Brutal force and in the same motion brought the hilt up to smash into her face.
It was a light blow for the vampire but enough to push her back.
Now he had room to prepare himself Karl too up the Classic fencer stance, despite the size and weight of his blade it was easily done due to his advanced vampiric strength.
"I'll shred you to bits honour whore." he hissed his deep dislike for the Blood Dragon code of conduct becoming evident.
He leapt forward thrusting the blade directly towards her gut.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Victarias recovered from her opponent's retaliation quickly, regaining her balance easily, as if the powerful blow had been a mere slap. Her opponent was strong and agile and evidently also vampiric in nature. She would be sure not to underestimate his abilties again.
As he attacked, she leaped forward, one blade slashing across his own, catching it with the hilt. Throwing her weight into her attack, she stepped past the entangled weapons and stabbed forward with her own blade, sure to make the mysterious stranger pay for slighting her code of honor.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl twisted, luckily the footing used in fencing was one that prefered evasion to meeting strength.
The blade may still have struck the von Carstein only he had been hissing words of power under his breath, two bolts of Dark power flew from the vampire's eyes smashing into the oncoming blade pushing it aside. At the same time he flicked his wrist disengaging his sword from the woman's.

The Baron stepped back, his arm flashed out and grasping a fleeing mortal by the throat he hurled the poor man at Victarias.
As Karl was blocked from sight by the man he leapt forward aiming low, planning for his blade to pass straight through the mortal man and into Vicatarias stomach.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
As the human stumbled towards her, Victarias reached out to push him away. This was not his fight, and mortals should not have to die because of her apparent incompetence. As she used her body to shove him from her, however, Karl's sword punched through the poor man's abdomen, its gorestained tip lodging itself in her midsection. She grimaced slightly, the blow was light and most of the force was deflected by her armor, but it had still penetrated and pierced flesh. The human before her gurgled, ichor spilling from his mouth as he died, splashing crimson blood and spittle onto Victarias. She pushed him away, using the dying man as a shield against Karl, whose sword was still lodged within his victim as she attacked again, her weapons flashing around her makeshift protection onto Karl's open side.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl's gaunleted hand flashed out as he leapt back abandoning his own sword, his fist slammed into the flat side of one of Vicatarias's weapon's knocking it aside but the second sword scored against his armour, however Karl had moved fast enough so that her weapon didn't penetrate his armour.
Throwing himself into a roll Karl flew forward and in one motion came to his feet and tore his sword free from the now dead man.
He smiled
"Impressive...most Impressive...but what chance do you have really? I am the son of Vashanesh himself and you are the Blood Dragon's wife...are you Abhorash's or just some third generation thin-blood?" he asked holding his blade before him as he circled the other.
"Come, come my lady it would be easier to just lay down your blade...I'll make it a clean death...no?" he teased as his smile became wider
"Perhaps I'll just kill you then...send you to hell...let Morr deal with you eh? I'll let Morr take you then...here a gift." the von Carstein said.

Reaching into his robs the Baron withdrew a somehow undamaged Black Rose and tossed it to the vampiress' feet
"Morrs Symbol...take it with you when I send you to meet him." he hissed as he lunged forward, blade flashing in a lightning quick motion.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Karl’s threat strung a deep chord within Victarias. Memories of her incarceration within Morr’s prison welled up from within the darkest recesses of her mind. Thousands of years of torture and anguish raced before her eyes, and she heard herself cry out in ancient torments long buried.
No.
She was gone from there, escaped. She would never return, never die. She was immortal, invincible. She was a Blood Dragon, born of martial blood and trained in the arts of death dealing from infancy and this infant son of Vashanesh could not beat her.
The black rose struck her in the chest, and she peered down at its shape as it lay to rest on the ground with an inaudible rustle.
“No!” She shouted, bursting into action even as Karl’s blade was inches from her. One of her swords flashing as it whistled through the air, clanging as it deflected with Karl’s. Her other weapon swept in from the side with eye-watering speed.
“Speak not to me of your bloodline, Carstein. Your sire was a cowardly fool and his children follow in his pathetic footsteps!”

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
As the blade whistled in Karl realised he could neither move back or to the side to evade the blow, so instead he stepped in stending right against her so he was too close for her to use her sword in an effective manner however the blade still struck his side denting his armour.
Not for the first time Karl cursed not having wore his heavier set.
Moving quickly so that the Blood Dragon would have little time to react he punched her in the gut with his free hand and leapt backwards bring his sword to guard although as he did so Victarias's blade managed to catch his cheek leaving a small cut but so minor the wound was that it healed in mere seconds leaving only droplets of dark blood in its wake.

Karl's eyes glared coldly into the Blood Dragons
"Cowardice? What do you know of Bravery fool! Vashanesh led armies against humans, he had the world in the palm of his hand...it matters not that he did not succeed! What has Abhorash ever done?"
As he spoke he slashed the blade at the Woman their blades ringing together as he did so.
"I have read the histories. How brave of a man to live a hermit life style! Abhorash is a coward and a fool who has squandered his immortal life! He has done nothing of note in the world! Who gives a damn if he killed a single dragon, what difference does that make? That one pathetic footnote in vampiric history is what give name to your entire people? I pity you Blood Dragon, I pity your insignificance!" he spat his blade flashing dangerously close to her face although she managed to deflect each blow.

The Baron hissed dark words of power, invoking the terrible magic of Dhar which was used to sieze the Deathly wind of Shyish. As the power gathering reached it's climax he smashed his sword into both of Victarias's own blades, Karl powerful wailing sword screaming as they clashed.
At the same time he brough his free left hand down to point at the Blood Dragon's slightly wounded stomach where the armour was fractured and released a Bolt of Dark Power aimed as this weak point.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Pushing away Karl's sword, Victarias spun away from the magical attack. Despite her speed and agility, the bolt of power was a far faster opponent to easily dodge, and the energy tore a hole through Victarias' armor, carving a great rent in the plated steel and soft flesh beneath. She gritted her teeth with the pain but did not cry out as force of the blast sent her spinning away from her opponent.
Recovering quickly, she raised her weapons and yelled;
"You attack me with magic!? Coward! Do you not know, Vashanesh was slain by humans, mere mortals! If you profess to be any more powerful than your sire than you are misguided indeed!"

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
As the two vampires battled in the streets of Luccini crowds of mortal men and women were evacuating the scene. Armed city guards pushed past them the captain of the guard stopped as 30 guards armed with sword and shield raced past him to attack the dueling vampires. He gasped and stepped back from the conflict mouth gaping at what he saw "Vampires" he shuttered and gestured to a runner- boy who had accompanied him to the scene, to relay information about the innocent.
"Get me... Get me the Witch Hunters" the boy stepped back a shiver of fear ran through his features at what he saw and the request.
"Now!" and he was off running as fast as he could through the narrow streets, past the screaming citizens and towards the temple.

Meanwhile the guards were mobilizing around Karl and Victarias
"Stop, or suffer the consequences" The Guard captain boomed over the Duel, as his eyes sharpened at the vampires.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl's eyes glinted he slashed down in an overhead strike at Victarias which the Blood Dragon easily blocked before driving his knee into the rent of his opponents Armour.
It did little damage but allowed the two to seperate, as he stepped back the vampire reversed his sword and drove it into the gut of a guard.
As the guard fell Karl turned his attention on the Captain, unlike the others who weilded Longsword and shield, the Officer held a Sabre.
Karl moved with Brutal efficency slashing the sword towards the Captain throat who caught the blade upon his shield which became bent and distorted under the von Carstein's vampiric strength.
A second guard charged the vampire from behind, Karl spun out of the attackers way siezing the puny mortal by the throat he hurled him at Victarias before turning his attention back on the captain
"How can you stand again us? When the von Carstein's go to war human's tremble" he growled.
His blade flashed up again smashing aside the Captains pathetic attempts at swordsmanship and then drove the wailing blade straight through the mortal's chest
"Better Luck Next Time" he spat.
As the Captain fell he reached down and lifted up the Sabre spinning both swords with a grin on his face as he glared at the other mortals, after all only two had died so far.
"Who wishes to die next?"

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Victarias brandished her weapon, pointing it at the guards that surrounded her, warning them to back off.
"You cannot hope to interfere with our combat, mortals. I have no wish to harm any of you, but I will should you propose to harm me or disrupt our duel, I will not hesitate to gut you!"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl rolled his eyes, lashing out with both blades to kill another Guard
"Its ok Blood Dragon, you just stand there and I'll deal with you shortly...perhaps you can convince the humans not to kill the Immortal, Souless Beasts." he laughed mockingly.

As another guard charged Karl he parried with Sabre and Wailing blade, moving with terrifying grace as he parried the blow and slashed the man's throat.

"No seriously woman do something" he muttered with annoyance as he ducked an attack and drove his knee into the man attacking him.

"Oh in the name off, go away useless humans, come back when you've learnt how to fight" he spat with annoyance.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
O really I really didn't intend to have to large an impact, I only added the guards coming in because you started fighting on the street's around all the humies.

But if you insist then I'm very sorry I haven't posted.
I do expect you to be hurt...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the vampires battled against both each other and the human soldiers the young runner had managed to race all the way to the stigmite cathedral, and was now on route towards the battle ground the merchant district had become with ten which hunters in toe there pistols in hand and gripping to their swords. Their walk had a certain holy presence to it, as they moved determined through the streets.

The guards on the other hand were suffering at the hands of the vampires there swords being deflected with every swing and their spirit failing them as they fought the hopeless battle, against the vampires.
"Retreat!" the call was sounded amid the fighting as the guard left the court yard until only the vampires remained the witch hunters had arrived the swords glowing faintly with enchanted runes and there pistols poised at the ready. The vampires exchanged glances with the which hunters, glaring daggers at each other before another call sung out through the streets.
"BOW MEN!" A which hunter called out as the Bowmen who had gathered around the courtyard sprung up from hiding and hurled a volley of death towards the vampires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu