• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC TVC I Novel

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
So after reminiscing over the original TVC, I want to compile it into a novel, however I want to do it properly.

To that end I plan to produce

TVC - Unedited.
Basically exactly as posted, not edits. Some may want to see this version?

TVC - The Directors Cut xD
Even though it may take me some time I want to read and in some cases make some amendments. Nothing in regards to plots / characteristics will be changed, the planned changes are things like:

• Writing a few extra scenes where things are rushed a little.
  • Tweaking some of the posts where things got confused / conflicted
  • Fully removing characters that made only a couple of posts
  • Writing up some endings for characters that were present for a long time, but disappered towards the end (like Rask the vampire rat xD)

The question is, would any of those in the original TVC have any objection to this?

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
So after reminiscing over the original TVC, I want to compile it into a novel, however I want to do it properly.

To that end I plan to produce

TVC - Unedited.
Basically exactly as posted, not edits. Some may want to see this version?

TVC - The Directors Cut xD
Even though it may take me some time I want to read and in some cases make some amendments. Nothing in regards to plots / characteristics will be changed, the planned changes are things like:

• Writing a few extra scenes where things are rushed a little.
  • Tweaking some of the posts where things got confused / conflicted
  • Fully removing characters that made only a couple of posts
  • Writing up some endings for characters that were present for a long time, but disappered towards the end (like Rask the vampire rat xD)

The question is, would any of those in the original TVC have any objection to this?
The DoN cut sounds good to me xD

I re-read them all recently and the main annoyance for me was the format problems and reading about characters who inexplicably vanished for no reason.

So yea, that sounds cool :thumbsup:

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
I agree with a DoN cut as wellxD Perhaps add a couple of lines to explain what happened to characters like Drakki, Cyn and Draithon Thornheart. I intend to add a few things in TVC 2 to show what happened to the Feldenhaus family, Drako von Carstein and Vyachaslav von Carstein.

The Disciples Cut seems like the way to go. That makes it a better and easier read. In forum posts, people often have different conversations with the same person at the same time, for times sake. In the cut version, you can make it much more fluently.

And ofcourse, the endings that people didn't get and the people that stopped posting :tongue:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
To edit the format and such...that will be a insane amount of work considering how differently people make their posts o.o

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Can I send you a pervy story with Lynks as a tentacle monster what you can typo fix?

I jest, I jest! Well I will be impressed if you pull it off, I would personally explode after an hour x)

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
That sounds like a really good idea I would love to read TVC as a novel, sounds like it will be one hell of a job so good luck DON and I can't wait to read it.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
You'd be amazed how good I am with word xD
I... I read that last word (ha ha, pun in the middle of my confession... oh dear where did it go wrong) as something... different.

What as CN made me into? :(

On-topic, call it the Disciple's Cut (rather than Director's). It sounds better. :thumbsup:

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
The Dread King said:
Alternatively, you could call it the DoNrector's cut, but Disciple's cut sounds just as good.
I did it again... when I first read this I saw "DoNrectum's cut".

Why, CN, why?! :'(

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Hehe Darvy you were not the only one who thought that. But that just makes the name more suitable; it is the Perverted One we're talking about after all.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Sounds like a great idea

I was actually thinking it would be fun to go along with the current TVC and make a stageplay version of each chapter after they finish... But converting it all into song and dance would be a monumental undertaking :tongue:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Not to mention a lot of the material in TVC really should not be published beyond VC xD

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Just host it as a free thing, with all acknowledgements to GW for creation of the world and key characters. Don't try and turn it into an official book and get it sold or anything...!

A digital book!
Full of fanfiction and the wonders.

And then GW will read it, and publish their own book! And we won't get any credit, and they'll get tons of money!