• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC-Supplement - Chemicals of the Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Well then, come with me please’’ Serpino gestured to her, and they both quickly left the room and then the mansion. Serpino had his clone-servitor move out of the mansion and through the streets, to the designated warehouse.

Technically Serpino considered this to the Secondary Nuln lab. Official in Imperial archives it was known as 34th Main Tuetenburg, a squat quaint house made in early 14th century style.

It was squat, with two floors, and a basement where the extra part of his lab was prepared in case of any emergences. He held no specimens down there, and the lab was currently in use. The entire place was staffed by mind-drugged local human servants Seprino had experimented on.

They were essentially normal humans, but their minds where broken by drugs into obeying Serpino’s every command.

‘’Here we are’’ Serpino announced. ‘’My own temporary home, I just purchased it not too long ago after going though several homes’’

"Ah, I see it reflects your interests." Said Hati, unsure about how exactly to complement the place, but knowing that she should. The place did seem to be what she expected the abode of a scientist to be like.
"So...how should we begin?"

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Please come in’’ Serpino offered. He pulled out a key from his coat and unlocked the door. Quickly the doors to the place opened and he ushered her in. The hallway was modestly decorated, with a Kislevite rug and a few Brettonian tables.

‘’The servants are out’’ Serpino explained. He closed the door behind her. ‘’The lab is downstairs, but I just set it up, I have a kitchen to the side, but it only has a few extra packets of blood, there is a lounge, a dining room to the left’’ he indicated the rooms.

‘’There is also a library upstairs and a bedroom for me, the servants sleep in a nearby apartment’’

"You keep servants? I imagine it must be difficult to keep secrecy." She said while removing her coat. "Or are they even aware of your true nature? Perhaps you masquerade as a respectable member of society? A learned professor or scholarly mage perhaps?"

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’I have my own methods……. you could say they are infected by ‘’chemicals of the mind’’, it’s not really a problem, I simply take those who are petty homeless, or drunks, and give them newer, suitable lives’’ Serpino explained.

‘’What do you eat by the way my dear? I’m afraid I don’t really know your dietary needs’’ Seprino confessed.

"We partake of the same sustenance as that of man. However, just as Vampires have cravings for blood, we have a similar craving for the flesh of human beings. However, I have recently partaken of the flesh of man, and I am not hungry as of yet, at least not for food." She said with a wry smile before clarifying.
"Instead it is my own curiosity that hungers for answers..."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Human flesh? How interesting’’ back in his main lab Serpino fondly recalled the memories of consuming his own henchmen before replying.

‘’Answers?’’ Serpino asked. Leading her to his lounge, he offered her a chair as he took one his own. ‘’What exactly do you desire to know?’’ he asked her. She was quite pretty, Serpino thought as he analyzed her facial structure. Most likely of Brettonian origin of the shape of the brow and nose was to go by.

"I want to understand my self. Müller has told me of what happened while I was hibernating, of how all but we three where destroyed by the manipulation of the Von Carsteins. It has become apparent to me that without the powers and of our creator, we are terribly vulnerable to the intentions of others. I want to strengthen or destroy those weaknesses, and I can only do that through understanding. I want our race to be better than we are, I want to improve upon us and be the mother of a new and stronger race!"

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’I afraid I was ill-informed of the events that surrounded your race’s battle with the Council’’ that part was actually completely true. Serpino had little idea of what forces exactly went on with the werewolves involvement in that battle.

‘’Improve? That would imply that you have weaknesses, I heard in the legends that silver burns werewolves and some bloodlines of vampires, should I assume that is true?’’ he asked.

‘’As for becoming the mother of a new race, are werewolves capable of sexual reproduction or simply passing in their condition by bite as the legend goes?’’ he asked.

"Silver burns us and halts our regenerative properties. The plant Aconite is also poisonous to us in many of its forms, as well as several other flaws in our bloodline... As to sexual reproduction, I cant answer that question. I have never had the desire to produce actual physical children, but I imagine that if we are capable of such the child would almost certainly be human. Our curse is transmitted by bite, and with it comes the gift of immortality. I do not wish to contemplate implications of the child being conceived immortal..."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’I see’’ Serpino took in the information, much of which he already knew. ‘’Those are the flaws of the werewolves? I don’t think I can help you much further unless I can acquire some tissue and blood samples. If one of your kind was to volunteer as a Test subject it would be most informative’’ he commented.

He was wondering why exactly she did not want to think about an entire race of immortal children. Surely such a thing would render humanity obsolete? But that risked overpopulation problems, assuming that such a race reproduced at a steady rate with little natural deaths, they would soon cover the entire world.

Hati laughed at Serpino's mention of a test subject. "Why do you think I am here? I have explained what I desire, now tell me what you want of me."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Serpino was quite supposed, he rarely had a willing test subject who knew that he was a vampire. However he recovered quite quickly. ‘’I desire to learn about you, your race, and the secrets your body contains’’ he explained.

‘’Truth to be told, my own ambitions also revolve around such things as the Elixir of Life, my aim is to reproduce the original thing that gave us vampires our origins, If I am correct with assuming that you where descended from the Carsteins, the ones with the closest links to Wolves, then you would surely fit quite well into that goal’’ Serpino explained.

"Indeed, we are descended from the line of Vashanesh, our ancestors banished from Lhamia more than four thousand years ago under the leadership of our Creator. They settled first in the Arden forest of Bretonia, but then moved on to Norsca. I personally feel winds of Chaos that blow strongly in that land had much to do with our creation, but I cannot be certain. None of our kind but our Creator have the gift of magic."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Your creator, you mentioned he was insane and locked up?’’ Serpino asked. ‘’What exactly led to this…. Imprisonment?’’ Serpino asked curiously. ‘’And who exactly did it?’’

"We did it." She said with fierce pride.
"Our creator had this insane notion of building an army of werewolves and using it to destroy the civilized world. There where a thousand of us at the time under his command, wandering the northern wastes and Troll Country. With this paltry force he was planing an attack on Kesliv. It was then that we finally realized just how insane he had truely become and we attacked. He slaughtered all but eight of us before we managed to destroy his physical body.
However, he had long ago managed to become truely deathless, and we knew that he would eventually forge a new frame for his wandering spirit, and so we imprisoned his essence. Of this I shall speak no more." Hati said sternly.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Forgive me’’ Serpino took her hand in his own. ‘’I did not mean to bring up painful memories, the world had enough of them’’ he said somewhat bitterly, remembering his early days as a hideous freak.

Her comment about her creator struck a question in him. He slaughtered all but a eight werewolves of a thousand? If that was true then either he was more powerful than he anticipated, or the werewolves where extremely weak.

"Its fine, time heals all wounds and I have more than enough of that precious commodity. In any case, our creator did not reveal much of his work to us, though I do know this fact, he traveled to Norsca for more reasons than to simply escape the Empire and it was only after he began dealing with the powers of Chaos that he was able to make any progress in his work..."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’The Dark Gods?’’ Serpino questioned. He had dealings with the four powers before, but he had always made sure that he had the most minimal of requirements. He had no desire to end up as a slave of Chaos.

‘’I have heard tales of creatures millennia ago, of northmen capable of transforming into great bears….. it seems that you would be connected to that’’ he commented.

"That's a distinct possibility, but I cannot make any claims to certainty, hence why I am here beseeching your aid in our common interest." She said with a smile.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Shall we begin then? You seem quite…….eager’’ Serpino smiled, taking her hand and bring her up to his level.

"Please do, our time here in Nuln is limited and I wish to find out as much as possible before another battle, when the information could be considerably useful." She stepped closer to Serpino. "Lead me in whatever ways you see fit, I am at your behest, for now."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’I see’’ he brought a pair of fingers up to her chin and lifted her eyes up to meet his. They were such beautiful eyes. ‘’Come with me down to the lab then’’ he asked her, leading her out into the hallway.

Quickly he opened the basement door and revealed her a strobe-lit environment. His lad was smaller than his main lab, but it was still equipped with a metallic operating table, chemical closets and a multitude of other devices

''Please sit down, we would begin shortly''

Hati sat down as asked, folding her hands across her lap in a slightly nervous manor, looking from one strange instrument to the next with curiosity. She couldn't shake this feeling she had gotten when stepping into the room, and it took her a moment to place it. It was nervousness. She smiled beside herself at the novelty of the feeling.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Please don’t be nervous my dear’’ Serpino said as he turned on the lights, casting a harsh glare. ‘’Now this may hurt somewhat, I expect your regenerative abilities to handle that quite well if my hypothesis is correct,’’ he commented.

He pulled on a pair of gloves before taking out several tools. What looking like some sort of pincers, another a monitoring device. Then he got out a needle. ''If your regenerative abilities are as good as I expect, then you should go to sleep with this fine.’’ Serpino said, as he promptly injected her with enough anesthesia to kill a fully grown bull elephant. It was a lie, his own research into the werewolf corpses meant he had a good idea of how well she healed, but she did not know that. As her eyelids fell Serpino went to work.

It was several hours of cold lights and piercing pain and Serpino conducted hir work, like an artist on a canvas, into her body on the slab. He went over each accessible organ, took plenty of samples, and tested her unconscious reflexes.

After he finished pulling out a observation tube from her arm he noticed that she began to stir. Serpino promptly injected her with some stimulants.

‘’Good morning my dear’’

Status
Not open for further replies.