• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Across the cracked ground Vekarin ran, his boots kicking up small plumes of dust as they crushed the flakes of dessecated earth beneath them. The black earth below him was the color of mud, mud mixed with blood and left to dry under a relentless sun. It was a land that held no more life than the volcanic depths of the Old World itself. In every direction they stretched, as far as any eye could see and as flat as a dead, still lake on a day with no wind to speak of. At the edge of what an eye could make out, what seemed to be the end of this hellish world it gave way to a line of mountains whose peaks dissapeared into the pitch-black sky. Like an immovable wall they stood, outlining these plains of death.
The howling wind sounded about the massive Vampire like the solemn cries a thousand spirits, sould in turmoil for eternity, and with it it blew the dry, dusty stench of the crypt. Despite his mighty armor, Vekarin ran faster than any mortal could hope to away from the forbidding fortress that stood like a single, twisted, black finger from the plains behind him. He was not afraid of those who dwelt within it, but what he had learned there was more important than his own life, more important than his rage. Still, the voices in his head sounded, quieter than a whisper, but with the weight of a clarion. His own daemons could be more dangerous than those who dwelt within Nagashizzar.
Coward...
You ran away, why did you do that?
Why did you betray Abhorash?

Be silent.
You flee, like a frightened rodent
a sailor deserting his ship instead of stemming the leak
a mouse running from the farmer to be caught in the trap
a...

Silence!
child running from a bully, back to his mother's arms.
Your mentor would have been filled with pride, wouldn't he?
Isn't that what he taught you?
Run away, run away, run away, run away run away run away runaway runaway...

Be silent!
That's what he taught you, and that's what you did, isn't it?
You ran, you cheated, and you were never caught.
How clever of you. How clever.
Kill your enemies. The...

Shut up!
weak do not deserve to live.
They fought well, but lost, so they die, right?
But you keep their trophies, the heads of the dead the...

Leave me!
skulls of the unworthy. Right?
Skulls for the....

Shut up!
Abhorash would have been proud.
I don't care.
Ahhhhhhh...
Shut up, shut up! Get out of my head, damn you! Who sent you? Kekarsarun? Baeloth? Who?
You...
Be silent!
"Be silent!"

It was the end, the end of the world. This was hell.
Vekarin fell to his knees. His legs would not travel any farther, he was at his limit. How far had he run? Mere miles? Leagues? He didn't care, he...
He had to get to Drakenhof, the Dreadlords, the Dreadlords... were...
Vekarin felt something lift him from the ground.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"How long do you think he will be asleep?" a distinctively feminine voice spoke near Vekarin. The voice sounded familiar yet it was one he knew he had not heard in a long. The last he remembered was falling and then been lifted from the ground, and he suddenly realised why he could feel an intense coldness on his face. A buffeting wind was rushing over his body, and he knew from his many travels on his own winged steed that he must be flying very high.

"He is already awake, he's just trying to figure what's going on before he makes it obvious." The second that spoke was readily familiar and with a start Vekarin sat up. To one side sat a red haired vampire whom he barely remembered as Rayla, but the black haired beauty in front of him was instantly recognisable.

"Lesa?"

"Ah, so you finally stopped pretending." The tone in her voice made it clear she was joking, but the Blood Dragon was in no mood for jokes. His head was swimming, and looking round he wondered what the hell he was on. Whatever it was it was huge, like a hill had come alive and decided to fly. As he opened his mouth Lesa spoke once more.

"Before you start asking questions I have a few for you." Turning round she smiled at him, the warmth in it reaching her eyes, "how is it you are still here? Not that I am sorry. You were one of the few on the Council I trusted, and I mourned your apparent destruction at the hands of the Dreadlords. To see you here and know, almost beggars belief. I am pleased but also wary. How do you still live?"

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Sleep, sleep like a baby, a little child.
Your friends can suffer, and you can sleep.
All is as it should be, isn't it?
This is what you do, they need you and you...

Enough
The voice was powerful, echoing with unimaginable power. As he heard it, Vekarin would not place it with any being he had encountered, although he knew he had heard it before. The persistent, nagging whisper in his head died as abruptly as it's master had chastened it. All was silent, blissfully silent.
And then he heard Rayla's voice.

"The Dreadlords appear to be greater fools than we had anticipated, despite their apparent power on the battlefield." Vekarin told Lesa, even his booming voice all but lost in the howling winds that surrounded them.
"They decided that my interrogation was paramount to their own safety. I do not know if the Black One himself wised me tortured as I was, but I suspect that if he had, the affair would have been more... formal. I escaped Sentence's chambers and recovered my armor and endeavored to do as much damage as possible before I was discovered. Nagashizzar is a fortress, but it was not built to be assaulted from within and I found that it was most simple to cause wanton destruction, until the Dreadlords themselves arrived. They appear to have another amongst their number; Nagash has recruited Maatmeses herself in the fight against us. She calls herself Judge and, while not invincible, is a formidable opponent.
They are planning to assault, Lesa. Even as I escaped preparations were being made for the mobilization of the hosts of Nagash. They will fight back with their full might against us, and I am unsure as to whether the young von Carstein can withstand the might of Nagashizzar. Despite his arrogant assurance, I doubt it."

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The horror of Vekarin's words slowly sank in, and for a moment Lesa was silent. She had known that some day they would have to face the might of Nagash, but not so soon. The idea that he was stretching forth his power already was terrifying, and it was made all the more so by the fact that as powerful as the Council was, they stood little to no chance of survival.

"We must prepare," she finally replied, "the sooner the armies of the Council march, the less land we leave for the Dreadlord's to summon more dead from. I must notify the Council members." For a moment she looked lost, before shaking her head with a wry smile, "I still can't get use to not having my little pet. I suppose I will have to do this the old fashioned way." Slowly at her side a black shroud appeared, the spirit summoned at the Mistresses bidding. It listened to the whispered commands before bowing it's head and disappearing into the ether.

"The time for secrecy is over, we will make all haste to Drakenoff," Lesa, before looking at Vekarin, "I suggest you hold on." Laying her hand on the apparent ground Vekarin felt it shake and suddenly it felt like what remained of his stomach was about to come out of his mouth. As they dropped below the cloud's he was greeting by the sight of the titanic dragon's neck and head stretching out into the distance, roaring in response to Lesa's command.
"I should tell you Vekarin," Lesa called back, the roaring wind nearly drowning out her voice, "though I doubt you will like it. The Duke has joined our cause......"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu