• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
Rising slowly to his feet, Karl looked at his new surroundings. His body ached, and he had several There was unnatural lights coming from the cracks in the darkened stone work of the floors and walls. He was boxed in, caged like a rat. There was but a single door, with bar windows, aged terribly with rust and decay, but it held. On the door, there was a small opening. Fresh blood was seeping from it, and it trailed back to a pool. It seemed there was a corpse locked in with him. "Great, company" Karl sneered.

Looking through the small opening in the cell door, Karl could see wraiths moving up and down the corridor, two were dragging a lady by her hair, she was badly beaten and broken apart inside. Apon reaching the Cell opposite them, one of the wraiths reached with a skeletal hand toa bunch of identical keys, taking out one from the ring, and opened the lock. The second wraith put its ghostly hand inside the prisioners head, causing its victim great pain and hurt. The woman screamed, her bloody face, covered in bruises, twitching in agony. Karl yelled to them "Leave her alone, you spiritual bastards!" while spitting through the cell door. The second wraith turned to meet his gaze, and slammed the shutter on the door, with a loud thump. Then came a moment of silence.
The blissful silence was broken by even louder screams from the woman, clearly being beaten harder to spite Karl. Furious at not being able to stop this, Karl lunged at the door, hoping to knock it down. This did nothing to the door, leaving Karl in pain. Karl screamed in anger, but that only made the wraiths more determined, thus the woman was put to even more pain. Finally, Karl stopped, knowing he could do nothing to stop them. Oddly enough, the wraiths also stopped. There was a loud thudd as they threw the woman back in her cell, and a slam as they locked the door. One of the wraiths latched open the cell window again, and looked Karl dead in the eyes. Infuriated again, Karl shouted abuse at the spectre and spat again. The wraith quietly orrated to Karl "Your valiant efforts mean nothing here. Step out of line again, and it is not only the girl who will pay for your mistakes" With that, the wraith floated away.

Karl was still in a flaming rage, when suddenly a cough came from the corner of his cell. He turned around, nerviously, to meet what he thought was once a bloodied corpse, standing against the wall."Ah, fresh meat. Our deadly sins fill his immortal wrath. Remove all obstacles from our path" the shady figure said, bowing to his new visitor.
"What? Who are you? What are you? How did you get in here? There was a corpse there, but it was.. dead!" Karl exclamed

With a sly grin, the mysterious figure, still standing in the shadows simply said "Asking questions, search for clues. The answer's been right in front of you"

"I.. I don't understand, what are you saying?" asked Karl, now becoming slightly afraid of the sudden lack of sense anything was making. "A simple parable, youngling, our sins of being among the undead. The second part is from His code, the first tenant infact. I mean to say welcome to the depths of dispair, this place shall become your home."

Stepping out of the light, he spoke again "This place shall become your tomb"

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Karl backed up against the cell door,
"Who are you?" Karl asked slightly afraid. "This Vampire is as crazy as the Necrarch" he thought "That means that he could attack me at any moment." While Karl was Graveclaw he wasn't really worried about much, attacking zombies and other undead creatures with the same animal rage, but as Karl he knew most of the other Vampires could kill him in a heartbeat,
"Dammit of all the times to turn back" he swore.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
"You seem worried, child of darkness, what plagues your mind?" spoke the figure, a look of empathy crossing his fade for a split second. "You are the first company I have had the pleasure of entertaining in many a year, so if I were to gut you for the thrill of the kill, I would be in isolation for another eternity. I sense something that lies behind the surface, something filled with unsurpassed rage. Something tells me we have more in common then it would seem"

Karl looked at the figure, still eying him for the possibility of a sudden lapse in judgement. The tension between them seemed to fade, as the figure sat down quietly, and motioned Karl to do the same. "So, you are a Blood Dragon then?" asked Karl, looking at the figures chainmail. "Yes, Lord Abhorash himself was my master, as he sired many a vampire during the Wars of the Dead. I was the High Captain of the Royal Temple Guard of Nehekhara when I was among the truely undead. I honoured my vow to the temple priestess to the death." spoke the figure, with a smile playing apon his lips, "All I have now is my unbroken honour... for all it will do me for here...", with this, his smile turned into a beast-like maw, bearing fangs.

"I have been down here for more then any once living thing should ever be. You think you are a member of the truely dead? That is but an illusion. Once you spend over two thousand years locked away in a deep cell, in the depths of hell, then and only then will you know what true living death is like. I can't even remember my own name, long since forgotten in the mists of time. The Guards just call me an "Eidolon" now, as I have more in common with them then I have with even the oldest prisioner" said Eidolon, bitterly.
"Heh, seems I'm going on and on. Its the fact that you are the first real person I have been in the same room as in over a millenium."

The heartfelt bonding moment was shattered by the sounds of an elderly man screaming in pain from far down the hall.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
"I am of er....whashisname...again uh...Ushoran's line though thats just what the Necrarch said" Karl said thinking. "I came here with others, two of your line, a Lahmian and a Necrarch" Karl said "They were looking for Female vampire her name was Victarias I think do you know were she is?".

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
"Names are futile in a place where a man can forget his own name. But this woman you speak of, she could be in one of the eight cells on this level, after all, we are the most "treasured" prisoners of Morr." said Eidolon, pacing back and forth towards the cell door.

"You should try to ask the "person" in cell number five, if thats what is left of the once human in there." With a sudden smirk in his tone of voice, he recited "Try to break through, long to connect, fall on deaf ears and failed muted breath" Serious again now, he spoke once more"She has been here for longer then I, and is by far a more broken case. The Spectral Guard have fun breaking her again and again, but she remains a person, with emotion and feelings. It may have put stress on her sanity, but she has the one thing I lost: Humanity."said Eidolon, staring directly into Karls eyes, seeing fear and hatred all at once. Turning around and drawing his fingers along the cold, damp wall he looked up once again and said "She would know who is inprisoned where, as she can remember names. The Guards tell her so much about what goes on here, what they do to the different monsters in these cells. Who they are, what they have done and what fate awaits them. I have heard them talking of such things while dumping her back in her cell after interrogation.
I have heard noises coming from her cell before - her calling a name..
Vek.. Vekar.. or something similar.."

Karl stood there, listening to Eidolon's every word. "Vekarin!" he blurted out, "Then she IS Victarias! And I thought we had come this far for nothing!". Eidolon looked at Karl, puzzled. " In that cell, there is more suffering then humanly possible, more pain then beareble, more punishment then feasible. Maybe once she was this Victarias you speak of, but I'm afraid to tell you that there might be no more a cowering beast in there now. It is like a mutt that has been beaten by men and left for dead, the way she must feel now." lectured Eidolon, a grim look of dispair in his scar torn face. "If she does call to this Vekarin, he must be a protector of her from her life. Maybe more... after all: Loyalty, trust, faith and desire carries love through each darkest fire."

Eidolon shuffled around the small Cell, towards the window. He looked out, into the cell next to them, looking for any sign of life. A small shadow flickered in the back of the cell. Eidolon gritted his teeth, turned around to Karl and said "Once you've been here as long as I have, you will find out that you become very different to what you used to be... after all, it happened to me, so it could have happened to her. No one can stay strong for two thousand years"

With that, the Guards could be heard coming towards their Cell, with a single key swating off their bones. The window slammed shut, and a key was placed in the lock... then gingerly, the door swung open, with a rusty crackle playing as its requiem. Eidolon stood rigid in front of the spectral guard, while Karl stayed to the back of the cell. The air around them seemed to thicken with a haze, making them more sluggish and vulnerable.

A raspy voice whispered into their minds "It is time for your reckoning" and reached in an open skeletal hand, awaiting for one of them to accept its deathly invitation. Karl looked at it, slightly dumbstruck, while Eidolon took hold of it and let it lead him out through the cell doors, seemingly unphaised by all the deathly screaming and blood pools scattering the main hall. With the spectre moving away from the door, Karl moved closer. Seizing his chance, Karl lept through the door and started sprinting down the opposite way of the hallway, away from the screaming and pain. The guard turned sharply and emmited an ear piercing scream, alerting his fellow guradians. Karl reached a solid oak door, from which 8 skeletal guards emerged from, still transparent. Taking him by surprize, they latched on to him and started ripping at his skin with their daggers. His own blood spilling, Karl threw off three of the spectres, not seeming to hurt them. His actions becoming more sluggish and his vision becoming blurry, Karl slowly faded back into a sub consious state, his body not responding to the commands it was given. One of the guard then rammed his blade inbetween Karls eyes, rendering him blind. Karl screamed in pain, flailing his limbs as a reflex. Then the guards dragged him back to his cell, before throwing him back in head first, one took out a sythe. Brandishing his weapon to the other guards, he seemed to get a look of approval. Raising his sythe, the guard dropped it on Karls neck, severing it from his head.

It was clear that Karls body was dead, as his head rolled a few feet down the hall while his body fell limply to the ground like a sack of meat. Another guard picked up the head, and tossed it into the cell. With that, the sythe armed guard rested his weapon against the wall and shoved Karls liveless body into the cell. With a slam, the door was shut tight, leaving only Karls remains in the cell.

Hours, maybe days passed..
Karl opened his eyes. He was back to normal, his head was on his body again. All his stab wounds were gone. He was lying in a pool of blood spattered against the wall and floor at the back of his cell. Eidolon, lying against the door, stared at Karl normally "You took longer then I thought you would". Karl opened his eyes in horror and panting breath, jumped to his feet and screamed "Whats going on? What just happened? Aaaagh!"
"Calm yourself child, what just happened is perfectly normal here. You were killed child. But as you are a dammed soul as I am, your spirit returned to your body vessel. Morr has made it this way so we can pay for our sins for all of time. It would have happened to you, in that there is no doubt, just as to when it would happen I was unsure. Now you know what true imortality feels like. Welcome to the Curse, child."

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Karl climbed slowly to his feet,
"I never wanted this fucking immortality in the first place, I never asked to become a vampire!" he shouted, suddenly angry he slammed his fist against the bars to the next cell causing something to stir. As suddenly as his anger had come it was gone,turning back to Eidolon he smiled,
"How many have come here cursing the name Graveclaw?" he asked.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
No one wants immortality in the end, its a curse. Having to watch your family and friends wither and die around you. You think you can save them with immortality, when all that happens is that you damn them for all of eternity." said Eidolon, clenching his fists and swinting his eyes. "Graveclaw you say.. Now that does sound farmiliar.. I have heard souls scream that name a few times over the years, but I have't heard it for quite a while. Seems that killer has stayed clean. From what I can remember, and my momory isn't the best, he was meant to be a "Feral Beast" of a man, whatever that would mean."

Eidolon stared back at Karl. "So, who were you in life then? Back when you walked among the living, on the surface."

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Karl frowned a far off look appeared in his eyes, as he remembered all the pain and greif he had suffered over his long unlife. "I was a mercenary,from the wastelands" he said quietly, not really wanting to tell his entire life story.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
"Well, it doesn't really matter down here, for here we are all victims of Morr, prisoners of eternal torment.."

"You should rest child.. After all, it seems the guards find you amusing. Trust me, that is not a good thing."

With that, Eidolon slowly slid his back down the wall. His armour scraping off the walls.

"Who knows, maybe these people you have come with have made it this far.. Heh.." said Eidolon, with a look of apathy on his face. "Tortured Insanity, a smothering hell. Try to escape but to no avail." he said softly, staring blankly at the floor below him. It was clear that Eidolon thought Karl to be dillusional after death, as he was once. "He must think that others will come for him.. poor fool. The Guards will show him there is nothing for him again" he thought to himself

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Karl shrugged "If I had a blade I would show them just how funny I can be" he walked over to the door of his cell "Now if you will excuse me a moment I am going to find Victarias now. " Victarias!" he shouted as loud as he could

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
"Child! No! Do not attempt to reach out to her. The guards have told you before, that if you cause anymore of a disturbance, it is her who will pay for your misdeeds. I have caused her enough suffering during my time here. I have seen things that no man should have to see. Horrors are locked away here for a reason - to never be seen by mere men." spoke Eidolon, a look of what could be concern in his long since dead eyes. "I too was once like you. Filled with a sense of purpose", he started chewing his lip anxiously. "When I arived here, I thought I had been captured by the enemy.. Then I thought sweet death would be my one final release, so I could be again reborn to serve the Temple Of Blood once more. I waited years for it, I even tried killing myself in this very cell, where you stand right here this second. Every time I thought the nightmare to be over, I awoke later to find I could not awake to what I longed for. It has been like this for many many years.. So now, I have become a shell, an empty void, drained of all compassion and fear and love and rage and the core factors of my very being. That has what this place has taken from me. My soul. My consiousness. My humanity. Myself"

There was a long silence between the two vampires, broken only by the sound of another dammed soul being mercilously tortured. Screams of names that might never have belonged to people were echoing down the narrow and spindly hallway, seeping in to every cell that it passed. The door hinges creaked apon hearing such pain, oil running from the small cracks, as if the door itself were weeping in pity for the monsters prey.

"The hurt behind these hollow eyes has long since faded. I fear that my time has long since passed, but if we were to escape with aid if these friends of yours, I shall not let another one of our fell Kin go through what I have gone through. The Curse of vampirism is bad enough, but complete and utter nullity of being a prisoner in ones body is the worst fate imaginable"

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Karl frowned at the vampires last commit "Very well but I am not going to sit here like a steer for the slaughter, I am getting out of here" He looked around the cell for something,anything that he could use as a weapon. Moving over to the far end of the cell Karl found a fist-sized rock lifting it he grinned "This will do" he said picturing himself beating the brains out of the Demon who had tormented him "This will do nicely".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu