• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
seeing as the end of the TVC is looming over us I think we need a planning thread for the sequel so I made this thread just for planning and as a place to post any ideas or questions.
I have a couple of questions.

1. Ok so DoN for the Chaos Lords how powerful do you want them to be Becuse I'm the Khornite Lord.
also if you need more enemys for the council I volenteer my Orcs & Goblins or my Bretonnians.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Fairly sure that DoN has something planned to reduce our power level significantly; that one will be answered if we're just patient and watch the finale unfold. :thumbsup:

As for enemies, I'm equally sure DoN has something planned... I have a hunch he's been planning TVCII for a little while now.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I think all the bad guy slots have already been taken up, so I'll just be doing one characters: Kenshiro. I've already got a rough sketch of the fluff in my head, all I need now is a guideline as to what our stats in TVCII should be like and I'm good to go.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
I think people are kind of missing the point Its still a Vampire RP
Chaos is just the new Nagash Big upgrade.
I don't think the TVC charicters need a downgrade
Orcs,Beastmen,and Chaos Warriors are just as strong as a vampire if not stronger

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
goulking88 said:
I think people are kind of missing the point Its still a Vampire RP
Chaos is just the new Nagash Big upgrade.
I don't think the TVC charicters need a downgrade
Orcs,Beastmen,and Chaos Warriors are just as strong as a vampire if not stronger

Actually, no. I highly doubt the average Orc Boy, or Gor, or even a Chaos Warrior can match the average Bloodsuckin' Joe. Chaos isn't necessarily a Nagash upgrade either, in a fight between Archaon and Nagash my money would be on Nagash.

The real reason for the downgrade as mentioned by DoN, IIRC, is to allow our characters room to grow in power. You might have noticed that our characters grew stronger, picked up fancy magic gubbins and so on over the course of TVC. The same would probably apply to TVCII. Most of us are probably going to create brand new characters from scratch instead of carrying over our old characters.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Sweeney Todd said:
The real reason for the downgrade as mentioned by DoN, IIRC, is to allow our characters room to grow in power. You might have noticed that our characters grew stronger, picked up fancy magic gubbins and so on over the course of TVC. The same would probably apply to TVCII. Most of us are probably going to create brand new characters from scratch instead of carrying over our old characters.

Yes, as Sweeny has said here, the current TVC characters are... well... frankly godlike. I mean, just look at this final battle; I can say with a fair degree of certainty that at this point, every single character involved is more powerful than they have ever been. I mean, my character has managed to kill of Zacharias the Everliving, with his mentor Nehklior (who has incidentally managed to summon the Staff of Damnation and make the ENTIRE von Carstein line incredibly powerful all at once) whilst Kraskor sent a bolt of red lightning at Nagash, before flying over on an Undead black dragon he had *just* raised (or rather, stolen from Zacharias) to do an eagle-dive to the ground, before raising a blade to strike at Nagash himself.

Now, say we start off the new TVC, and all the characters are at this level (let alone the many, much more powerful characters than Kraskor). It would just be too much; too much uber for too long can quickly become sour. In this final battle it's epic, but in a less epic battle it'd be silly... imagine Nehklior unleashing the Staff of Damnation on four zombies, or Kraskor summoning an almighty lightning bolt to kill one Orc; it simply doesn't work.

Besides, as Sweeny said, we need to grow in power during the TVCII, and if we all grew from the current point... we'd finish with a Council of freakin' Space Marine Primarchs. xD

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Sweeney Todd said:
Actually, no. I highly doubt the average Orc Boy, or Gor, or even a Chaos Warrior can match the average Bloodsuckin' Joe.

compared to your avrage Lhamain, Nerach or von Carstine totaly your avrage Blood Dragon or Ghoul King probaly not, you need to start breaking out the Black Orc, Bestigors, Minotuars and Chosen.
in the same vein Elves and Skaven are just as quick as a Vampire.

and for the record if any Chaos Champion could kick Nagash's clown ass it would be Archion he's the Everchosen he strangled a fricken Bloodthirster with its owen whip,told Slaneesh to go f**ck itself, endured every sickness Nurgule could throw at him, and found the answer to tzeentch's maze, and on top of that he beat down Sigmar reborn in Valten. Nagash can't even get into a army book:tongue:

this is getting away from the point of this thread witch is to plan the TVCII if you want we could take this to the Background section for discussion

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The power levels in the TVC II will be dropped yes, but there is a reason in the fluff why this happens as well.

The basic plotline is pretty much mapped out. I haven't had much time, but I need to run somethings through with Simon and Vekky, as they are both have pivotals roles in part of the story.

Whilst vampires will of course be probably the biggest party, it won't be the only one. There will be other factions involved, which should make things more interesting. In addition whilst the RP took place mainly around the Empire / Nehekhara, the sequel will feature other places.

Yes as Ghouly has said, the main bad guys will be Chaos, but with a twist.

I can see some of you are already excited so I'll try and wrap up the TVC this week so we can get cracking on the sequel.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Disciple of Nagash said:
I can see some of you are already excited so I'll try and wrap up the TVC this week so we can get cracking on the sequel.

If you could finish in two weeks rather than one that'd be just perfect... I'm away for a week next saturday. xD

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Don't worry Darvaleth, when DoN says a week when it concerns TVC, then it will be at least a month or so. ;)

But im excited too, have allready reaquainted myself with the character I made way back in an attempt to get into the roleplay. Unfortunately it was just before the big war was to start. So couldn't get in.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Will this be reasonably open to new players, or will it be a case of "the TVC-1 crowd have dibs and are the main characters, the rest of you are just hangers-on" (Especially seeing as how TVC-1 pretty much already has the most powerful possible OCs in most areas anyway)

Thats the main worry I have about joining this roleplay as a vampire character- there theoretically would already be alot of vampires coming over from TVC-1 that basically fill out most of the various archtypes/themes/etc already.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The RP will be open to all players, new and old alike. I will not necessarily be allowing all uber characters to be transferred over. I know some characters will be making appearances, but in general most players seem to be thinking of creating new characters.

As I have also said, their will be step down in power level. So new players can join without feeling overwhelmed.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Will us noobies be allowed to have multiple characters? I know I wanted to have one of the chaos guys, but I had a rather interesting idea for a vampire earlier, and it seems like all villain all the time might cut me out of some of the action :D

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I will not necessarily be allowing all uber characters to be transferred over

So if we meet a bloodthirster in our fight against chaos, we will have to battle it the hard way instead of seducing it?

Kaladas Harkon

Wight King
Jan 2, 2009
I'd like to see exactly how the Chaos-as-opponents is going down, as I had a particularly entertaining Slanneshi (and his cohorts) in mind on the Council's side.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
I know this fight is basically Chaos against the Vamps, but can I backstab the vamps later on for Nagash? It would only be a small sideplot which would come into full action near the end, and I would really like to be some insane, vampiric disciple. Maybe even the last one! Or is Nagash going to be truly gone at the end of this? That would be a shame, he should be nearly completely destroyed, but, in the Warhammer world, all awesome bad guys are never quite vanquished, and I don't think that he should be an exception.

Of course, I have another idea for a vampiric snotling that likes to go round causing trouble (e.g. turning Wurrzag vampiric,terrorizing random farmers) but I would like to have a dark character too. I don't mind much if Nagash is destroyed, but I did have a small plan involving him.

My character would start off as an insane necrarch who captures and tortures souls and studies them; he channels their power into his spells using monstrous devices. But near the end the vampires start to doubt his intentions, he seems extremely evil and isn't afraid to use the vampires' sould either. He then could do a massive ritual in a big battle to summon Nagash, but I haven't thought too much about what happens next. This may sound a bit stupid, but I hope this character's good enough.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
Well I'm certinally down for the new TVC though most of my characters wil be absent aside form making occasional visits when needs be :)

Its still 10 years after nagash's defeat yes?

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Is the second TVC going to be more humourous or more serious? I have characters that suit both of them.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Simon von Carstein said:
Yes it is still set 10 years after Nagash's defeat and there will be some changes to the political landscape.

Was this a spoiler for the TVC I ending...? Or have I missed something somewhere? :redface:

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Count Darvaleth said:
Was this a spoiler for the TVC I ending...? Or have I missed something somewhere? :redface:

The last three years of roleplaying will culminate in the epic conclusion where the Council fails utterly in their ultimate goal, each going their separate ways to whine about it like characters from Twilight.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Trevy! It's like one of those stories where you know the good guys are gonna win, but you can't just spell it out like that... like reading the end of a book or something... xD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu