• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Using 1,000 Year Old Vampire to flesh out my army's background.

Character
- Knight Commander Evard of Turris

Mortals
- Sir Gerhard Bessart, Companion of the Garrison (Deceased)
- Brecht Shriver, Officer Sergeant and Seneschal (Deceased)
- Thrain Heider, Amethyst Wizard and Advisor (Deceased)
- King Aleric of Turris, Betrayed Heir to a Failing Dynasty (Deceased)
- ??? (Deceased)

Immortals
- Nagash, god of Shyish and the master of all undead.

Skills
- Bloodthirsty
- Swordplay
- Jousting
- Strategy X

Resources
- Turris Keep
- Black Arms and Armor
- Garrison of Turris

Mark
- My body is a walking corpse, little remains of my flesh beyond the bones of my skeleton.

Memory 1
- I am Evard of Turris, peasant born knight and lord of these conquered lands I claimed as my dominion.
- My sword ended the life of the foolish King Aleric, forswearing my oath I took his throne and kingdom for myself.
-

Memory 2
- Sir Gerhard and I spar in the midst of the knights and sergeants gathered about the keep’s training yard; cheers erupt as he strikes away my weapon with a flourish.
-
-

Memory 3
- My martialed forces stand in array against the Chaos host; their leader is baited into my challenge and I ride him down at lance point.
-
-

Memory 4
- I appointed clever Bretch as my seneschal and Thrain as my advisor; the siege to take Turris was costly, but I am now called its knight commander.
-
-

Memory 5
- Wounded in battle against the tides of Chaos, I am laid to rest in the catacombs; I arise at the beckoning of Lord Nagash to find Turris in ruin and my body rent of flesh.
-
-

Last edited:

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Roll Result: 4
Prompt 5 - You murder someone you love or respect rather than let them expose you. Kill a Character. Check a Skill. If you have no living Characters, kill no one and create a beloved mortal Character who you have betrayed.
Checked: Strategy
Mortal: King Aleric of Turris, betrayed heir of a failing dynasty.

Entry 1~
The desolation of Turris spread out below me as I stood on the keep's parapet, impressions of the sieges waged played out from my memory. Great hurled stones beating futilely against the thick walls, ballistae bolts zipping overhead, but the greatest battle took place over a small table on this spot, between myself and a king. Aleric was his name, the frail scion of a storied line squandering the potential of his lands and driving away merchants with his petty tariffs. Raiders drove the farmers into the city, and while the stores were ample to sustain the city for years, it was little salve to the woes of the ravaged countryside. My strength of arm had brought me to the king's attention, but my acumen of war allowed me into his confidence, not that he paid much heed. I felt like a trophy, the king's glorified bodyguard, and for many nights I measured the weight of my duty to the weight of my common sense. As the din of battle rose up from the field once more, he bade me stay with him as my knights sallied forth to impotently strike a blow against the savage rabble. I seethed, the balance broke, and as he fruitlessly gawked down at the battle plan on the table I drove my sword through is back and pinned him there. The servants later spoke of the dull surprise that framed his pale face as they took him to be burned with the rest of the trash in the blood soaked field, but I cared little. In moments I was on my stead, racing out to join my brothers-in-arms, his blood still wet on my blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disciple of Nagash

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Roll Result: -5
Prompt 1 - In your blood-hunger you destroy someone close to you. Kill a mortal Character. Create a mortal if none are available. Take the skill Bloodthirsty.
New Skill: Bloodthirsty
Mortal: ???

Entry 2~
???

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I can't decide what sort of character to make this new mortal, that Evard will kill in his metaphorical bloodthirst. Could be a champion of Chaos, or a Sigmarine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu