• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Ulrik Von Lichenstien's Horde

Hello all,

My previous thread seems to have disappeared so I am starting a new one tracking my painting progression as I seem to have hit a hot streak and am getting through a few. The black knights and original 20 skeletons that look a little "bronzed fleshy" are early attempts and I'm either going to strip them or try and rescue them with devlan mud to bring them up to the same standard as my latest undertaking (the skellies in red):

Kyo

Zombie
Looking good, the newer skellies are Definately a step up from your previous ones
That's also an impressive unit filler

P.s nice homage to a fun and entertaining film ;)

Well didn't do alot over the last week but did mess around with some shields and more unit fillers. Will be finishing this all up over the next few days and moving onto my next project. Do I take on the next unit of 36 Skellies.... take on the 40 grave guard.... or paint a character / Terrorghiest???????

And before anyone mentions it, i won't be having all those grave stones in the one unit :tongue:

As usual, all comments welcome :)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I want to see a female vampire and for you to enter this months challenge to paint a vampiress
So I vote a character.

I love the unit filler's very much so. I need to do some of mine someday.

Well managed to have reasonably productive weekend and got all my unit fillers finished and my first character in 10 YEARS painted. Have painted a Necromancer but Santa Wraith I will do a female vampire this week....... might even paint one too ;-) When does it need to be finished by?

Once again all comments/suggestions welcome

I've always loved the "grass-on-the-guys-coming-out-of-the-ground" look. For helping me relive some memories long-past, enjoy some rep!

Necromancer looks great! Love the effects around the eyes, and I do so enjoy a Necro who isn't limited to the red-black colour scheme that so many are tethered to...

All in all, very well done!
Brahm

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
By may 31st I try to do a vampire every now and then. Though my zombies take most of my time.

So is optimus joining the undead forces?

I love the gravestones, where are they from?

And BTW, the colors are freaking awesome on the necromancer. The eyes are great, and the faded purples look way cool!

Haha, forgot Optimus was in the background.

The grave stones are from ebay but pretty sure the eBay link goes to forgeworld or one of those types of sites.

The cloak is simply Slaanesh Grey cover in a Druchi violet wash. Was so simple it felt like cheating. The new paints bring out some cracking results.

I'll definitely get my first female vamp painted by the end of the month. What's the forum link for updating progress etc...?

Vampire Ron

Grave Guard
The gravestones are from Mantic, and I think they look great, almost certainly will invest in some myself. Love the skeletons you did recently, they look great! A little bit of a contrast to your old ones, who I think could do with a wash or something, especially those horses. I look forward to seeing more!

Well tried to develop a colour scheme for my ghouls last night. After 6 complete abortions that I am not even going to show you things started to come together. Not completely finished as still to do the rags, eyes, teeth etc.... but thought i'd ask, do I go green, purple, blue or all three in one multi coloured unit.... and if so what colour is the ghast??

Also think this would look pretty sweet on the crypt horrors with each being an individual colour.

Vampire Ron said:
The gravestones are from Mantic, and I think they look great, almost certainly will invest in some myself. Love the skeletons you did recently, they look great! A little bit of a contrast to your old ones, who I think could do with a wash or something, especially those horses. I look forward to seeing more!
I agree, going to try a devlan mud wash on the old skellies to see if that can rescue them but if not they might be getting stripped and re-painted which I must admit the thought of is rather soul destroying. But at least it looks like I'm progressing ;-)

PURPLE!

Again with the memories; that's the color I painted my old metal ghouls from GW for Mordheim back in the day!

Brahm

Hello again all,

Well over the last few days I put the finishing touches to the trial (now proper) ghouls and then got distracted by the construction of a Terrorgheist... but will power won out when I realised it will be a nightmare to paint once glued down... and now back to my ghoul unit
:)

Here is the photo story of the last few days (Sorry about the quality of some of the photos, the iphone wasn't producing the goods for once...... also look out for the Hero Quest box parts, first person to identify it might get some rep):

Well picked up the pace a little again and have finished all the purple ghouls that will be included in my 40 strong ghoul unit. Up next the green and blue ones. Alhough the Terrorghiest is calling.

Once again all comments welcome.

A liitle out of focus but you get the idea

Looking superb good sir! Keep 'em coming! I like the fillers; that's one thing I never got around to for my ghouls. Maybe I'm just lazy, or couldn't come up with a good idea for one. Now you've got me thinking about MY Hero Quest stuff in my basement...

Brahm

Well it's been a while since my last post. The good weather has been keeping me active and dramatically cut down my hobbytime... damn you call of the wild, but 6 munro's in 8 days and I think i need a rest so back to the painting. Progressed this over the last two days and nearly complete but still to add a few touches. Through in a couple of photos of the painted army to date. As always comments welcome :)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Terrorgheist is looking great so far!
I'm glad you settled onto one color for the ghouls, they look fantastic. Very cohesive while still being varied, you know?

And those army shots! :O :tongue:

Looks great, keep them coming!

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
The pinks you're using on the fleshless bodies and wounds is so /disturbing/! I don't think I've ever seen anybody go for a raw, fresh wound like you do. Looks killer.