• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Undead Legions Lore of Light Council

Hellion Nox

Grave Guard
As an UL player that faces Legions of Chaos, CD (K'dai destroyer) or Demons about 90% of the time. I've been considering the different options on making a Light Council.

Tomb Kings have access to Lore of light through their priests but I wanted to stick to my vampires before considering the Priests.

Vampire Lord
Lvl 4 - Forbidden Lore : Lore of light
Black Periapt, Talisman of Preservation
Master of the Dark Arts

Vampire
Lvl 2 - Forbidden Lore : Lore of Light
Dispell Scroll

Vampire
Lvl 2 - Forbidden Lore : Lore of Light
Book of Arkhan

I wonder however if a priest council isn't going to earn more points for a lower investment.
The beauty with vampires, however, is that they can be further adapted to support the army in other ways.

Any thoughts?

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
It's a keen idea, but as you alluded to, you're paying a heavy premium for that lore and the number of caster's to boost your banishments.
I believe the light council should be bunkered up and used as a Magic Missile center of your army.
It's counter intuitive to dump those points into combat caster's that have Magic Missiles (can't cast them out of combat)
Baby vamps also aren't very hardy and with the 50/50 allowance I feel there's plenty of points to spread around.
In summation, if you're looking to go light council I'd go with TK chars to get more bang for your buck.

I as a tomb king player will second the use liche priests for a light council, you want that council blasting things all game, and treating them to be in combat kills the whole point of a light council. Let your vampires kill stuff in close combat and your light council blast things all game long.

Aedin

Black Knight
The only vamp character support I would consider for this idea would be the blood ability that allows winds of magic die re-roll

I would consider it, to reroll things like a six, to force large differences in the dice, but I think having the code combat punch/ healing from a blender lord might be better.