• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Undead War Machines

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Startignthis thread up again, asNagash's Legion definitely needs artillary. I like the ideas of the 'corpse thrower' and the 'bone bolt thrower'. Here is what I came up with.

Zombie Launcher………………………….150 pts.
Launcher M 4/WS -/BS 2/S -/T 7/W 3/I -/A -/Ld 2
Nagashi M 4/WS 3/BS 3/S 3/T 3/W 1/I 4/A 1/Ld 8

Unit Size: 1
Crew: 3 Nagashi
Weapons and Armor: The Nagashi crew have two hand weapons and heavy armor.

Special Rules:

Animated Device-The war machine does not suffer the effects of crew loss, as long as there is at leats one
crew member remaining the Zombie Launcher may move and fire normally. If all the crew are slain then the war machine may move or fire, but not both, during a turn.

Mould Corpses-If there is a zombie unit and a spellcaster within 6” inches, one zombie may be molded onto the war machine. Each zombie sacrificed this way restores one wound to the Zombie Launcher up to its full complement of wounds.

Undead Ammunition- The Zombie Launcher may only fire if there is a zombie unit within 6” of the war machine. A minimum of one zombie must be sacrificed from the unit and loaded into the Zombie Launcher, although a maximum of four zombies can be loaded. Each zombie confers +1 strength to the shot, the first zombie confers strength 1, the second zombie strength 2, etc, up to a maximum of strength 4. Any casualties inflicted by the Zombie Launcher by shooting at an enemy unit, are raised as new zombie models, and placed to the front of the respective unit which suffered the casualties counting as engaged in combat. The zombies count as having charged for the purposes of deciding who strikes first in combat.

I believe this should be a rare choice, but I'm equally disposed to it being a special choice.
--------------------------------------------------
Bone Thrower…………………………100 pts.
Thrower M -/WS -/BS -/S -/T 7/W 3/I -/A -/Ld -
Nagashi M 4/WS 3/BS 3/S 3/T 3/W 1/I 4/A 1/Ld

Unit Size: 1
Crew: 3 Nagashi
Weapons and Armor: The Nagashi crew have two hand weapons and heavy armor
Range: 48”
Strength: 5
Damage: D3

Special Rules:
Cursed Ammunition: The bones fired by the Bone Thrower are engraved with runes of cursing. As such the bone thrower re-rolls rolls to wound.

I think this selection should be a special choice.

Toiling away,
-The Dark Lord
Since no one seems to check the Artillary thread.