• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Undead Warbands

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hello there! It's been a while. I've been working on a lot of projects, but I have had time for some undead love too. I'm quite keen on skirmish gaming these days, so my forces tend to be smaller. With that in mind, I thought I'd post a thread on undead warbands. Here are two of mine, the Shadespire warband and my Deadite Frostgrave warband.

Fabulous work! I really like the old models and the detail on the Frostgrave crew. The new Shadespyre seems like a very clean paint job, maybe too clean for old bones, but still gorgeous!

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Thanks! I tried to stick to Bob Olley sculpts for the Frostgrave crew, his undead are gorgeous. Not for everyone, but I love them. The Shadespire lads were very enjoyable to paint, if a little fiddly. I had to paint some of them in sub-assemblies to get at all the detail.

I've added a couple of members to the Frostgrave group since. This horseman is from Essex miniatures.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
God damn, this is brilliant! I love me some skeletons clad in red! And you are bringing new photos so fast!

I love their oldschool charm, only that vampire looks a bit weird. Besides him, it's all awesome, your way of painting bones and rust is really, really good :)