• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Edited:

We can confirm the following that Nagash, Neferata, Arkhan the Black and Mannfred have been released, in addition to a new campaign with support background books and rules:

Jbl6FJx.jpg

7F1W2yQ.jpg

iSckCPZ.jpg

iXFLzlz.jpg

hrMBzS7.jpg

Images from Grot Orderly: http://grotorderly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/white-dwarf-30-wycieki-leaks.html?m=1

So, a few rumours have cropped up regarding fantasy

From Darnok:
-Nurgle getting some love in October, in the form of a book, 3 plastic kits and a clampack.
-Something "big" for warhammer at end of august. Apparently "the shape of things to come"

From Arthurius11:
-Some kind of "End Times Campaign"
-Nagash and Vampire releases
-New release models for Skaven, Tomb Kings, Chaos & Dark Elves
-Models for Thanquol & Boneripper
-Plastic Vermin Lord
-New Fantasy Campaign

both are very reliable rumour sources, so only tiny amounts of salt required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfen

Black Knight
Jan 19, 2011
Update from Darnok at Warseer

Darnok;7235622 said:
I guess I have to eat some of my words...
I got word that the "big thing" rumoured earlier is only the return of Nagash. Before that I assumed it being something else - hence the "ragestorm comment". I want to take that back and apologise for all grief it may have caused.
That "something else" is still coming though, just not in the next months. Nagash is coming back though. All hail the Necromancer!

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Don't forget that bit of info from Arthurius11;

There will be a new Nagash model.

For those wondering, Arthurius11 is a really reliable guy with an impressively accurate record concerning rumors :thumbsup:

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Zhatan I want them to drop the pretense and make his rules reflect what he is. Give Skaven their Greater Daemon of the Great Horned Rat. Instability and all. Plus a built in Ward would be nice.

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
I've seen claims that the VC release is a "flying chariot". Could they give VC and skaven rules for new units just like that? I guess they would make an FAQ?

If the rumors are true it would be cool with a better BC. Or just more appropriately costed.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
They add in new units outside of army book releases pretty frequently- look at the Dakkajet and Night Spinner for good examples of this.

They just plop the rules for the unit in White Dwarf so people can use them.

Archamedius

Grave Guard
Jul 25, 2014
The store owner at my FLGS heard the same things, but also heard that the end of times campaign would be GW's way of also ending Fantasy as a game, what with the lagging sales and all. That makes me very sad panda.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Nagash......as a model.......:o........with rules........:o..........................WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

I haven't been so happy since the birth of my children.......scrap that, I think this might top that even xD

Well I'm keeping everything possible crossed (going to make somethings interesting :perv: ), and the new VC models sounds good as well. So basically there is a new campaign coming with some shiny new models and rules for various armies.

I very much doubt however they are getting rid of WHFB - there are still loads of players and whilst it may not be their main selling brand, they would at first reduce stock in shops and focus online selling before getting rid of it altogether.

Reactions: najo

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
The store owner at my FLGS heard the same things, but also heard that the end of times campaign would be GW's way of also ending Fantasy as a game, what with the lagging sales and all. That makes me very sad panda.

That has been discussed by people on warseer and revealed as simply being untrue. Its just a case of people adding putting two and two together and assuming five.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
All sounds rather good apart from the End Times campaign, as we've already had that in the Storm of Chaos. But if that includes Nagash and other vampires doing more than amassing troops in Sylvania (what happened in storm of chaos) then I will be happy.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
All sounds rather good apart from the End Times campaign, as we've already had that in the Storm of Chaos. But if that includes Nagash and other vampires doing more than amassing troops in Sylvania (what happened in storm of chaos) then I will be happy.

I guess that this is "The End Times MK 2" because Archaeon failed at his attempt to do the whole end of the world thing, so now Nagash has to come out of retirement to show them how to do it properly.

Archamedius

Grave Guard
Jul 25, 2014
I guess that this is "The End Times MK 2" because Archaeon failed at his attempt to do the whole end of the world thing, so now Nagash has to come out of retirement to show them how to do it properly.

I thought GW went back and said Storm of Chaos never happened?

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
That's because it left The Lord of the End Times in hiding, after getting beaten up by pretty much everyone he came into contact with.
Also if we get Nagash back surely Ab and Nefy have to come too? And then they can release the Blood Dragon novel too. Finally.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
That's because it left The Lord of the End Times in hiding, after getting beaten up by pretty much everyone he came into contact with.
Also if we get Nagash back surely Ab and Nefy have to come too? And then they can release the Blood Dragon novel too. Finally.
I agree. How can you have Nagash and none of his "disciples?" I don't see them bringing back the blood lines to their former glory, but they may at least bring back some characters; maybe they will make it so that the characters just buff a unit they are in or nearby units. Maybe they will also expand our core a little bit.

Archamedius

Grave Guard
Jul 25, 2014
I agree. How can you have Nagash and none of his "disciples?" I don't see them bringing back the blood lines to their former glory, but they may at least bring back some characters; maybe they will make it so that the characters just buff a unit they are in or nearby units. Maybe they will also expand our core a little bit.

I am curious what else you would add to core choices? We already have skeletons, zombies, ghouls and wolves.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Maybe allow skeletons to be upgraded with halberds or bows; or maybe give ghouls some sort of save, even 6+ regen would be nice. Our core option is more limited than any other army and generally weaker than any other army. Basically, I want to have a reason to not take just the bare minimum in my core slot.

Archamedius

Grave Guard
Jul 25, 2014
Maybe allow skeletons to be upgraded with halberds or bows; or maybe give ghouls some sort of save, even 6+ regen would be nice. Our core option is more limited than any other army and generally weaker than any other army. Basically, I want to have a reason to not take just the bare minimum in my core slot.

So not necessarily new choices, but rather expanding on the troop choices we have now making them more in depth.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Looks like some of the OG Bloodline guys are in the mix. I read through that whole warseer thread. Abhorash with some kind of flying chariot seems to be one of the more reliable rumors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu