• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Using Dark Elf models for vampires

So i got a shadowblade model and going to be converting it some to make it more vampirey. Anyone done this befor or have any ideas on what one could do for that?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I don't know how I would convert that model to be more like a vampire, but I think you could use him as he is right now. Just give him a more undead paintjob. The older fluff says that Blood Dragon vampires sometimes ended up as assassins, and this guy looks just right for that.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I have seen plenty of dark elf models used as vampires- particularly the plastic sorceress, and the elf swordsman from mordheim (Aenur, Sword of Twilight) being particularly good examples.

Myself, I have used Dark Eldar as vampires- particularly the Lahmean Poisoner.

Generally the right paintjob is all you really need (though with the Lahmean I had to file off some generator looking backpack things).

Heck, shadowblade doesn't even have his mouth or ears visible, you you don't need to worry about him not having pointy teeth or having to file down his ears.

I think a predominance of red & black on the model, particularly on the armour, or some kind of freehand with skulls/bats involved would help sell the idea that he is a vampire though.

I would swap the broken elf architecture on the base for a gravestone of skeleton, or remove it entirely. Swap the left arm for one with outstretched fingers and have an ethereal skull rising up toward it to suggest necromancy. I would also suggest sculpting the vague outline of faces on the inside on the cape, similar to the ones in Vlads.

Thanks for the ideas. Definitly like the ones that markond gave. Now to just see what bits I all have to do this all.