• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes indeed, I do not have much hope for this but as I'm going up against two tree lords and Allarielle I thought I'd bring monsters too. Unfortunately short of trying to shoehorn Nagash in the Mourngul is all I have.

Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords
- Lineage: Kastelai Dynasty
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumphs:

Leaders
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
(380)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Prince Vhordrai (455)
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Rousing Commander
- Artefact: Fragment of the Keep
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Battleline
10 x Deathrattle Skeletons
(85)*
10 x Dire Wolves (135)
5 x Blood Knights (195)

Units
20 x Grave Guard
(280)*
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Mourngul
(300)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total:
1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106
Drops: 6

As always thoughts welcome and probably prayers to Nagash too. :)

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I think that is a pretty strong list to be honest. I have played quite a bit against double Durthu and Alarielle, so I feel your fear but here are some pointers that I have learned the hard way:

• Your Vampire Lord will probably get picked off quickly but that is just collateral damage.
  • Use Manny to annoy the enemy monsters by teleporting out of combat.
  • Focus on one monster at a time.
  • Vhordrai hits hard but beware that the treelords can force him to fight last so pick your fights and only go into fights where you won't be surrounded.
  • Be aware of the revenant's waypipes as they can teleport and take objectives on your backline if you don't screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grave Tacticus

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Just as an update to this. I got tabled by the end of turn 4, some charges of mine didn't happen and Vhordrai fluffed his attacks in pretty much every round of combat. I was winning on points though!

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Seems like a tough fight but very well played of you to still be in the lead with victory points! I have had the same thing happen to me with VLoZD... they are so high variance.

Reactions: El Syf

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu