• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

vamp or nekro lvl 4

So, points are 2400. Should I trust vamp as having lvl 4 ? Or should I take masternekro and should this nekro be death ot vamp. I really like lvl 4 vamps, because 5 blackie or horror is just good. I field at least 2 other lore of vamps. Probably those are lvl 1 only. I'm bit afraid of miscasts. Tournie is coming and 9 games.

Do you need a Vampire Lord to also kick some tail in combat???? What does the rest of your army look like?

If you don't need the damage output of a Vampire Lord then save the points and take the Lvl 4 Necro, and use those points for other troops, but make sure you keep that Necro out of harm's way.

Can't really tell what's on my mind about this tourney for troops, because our tourney lasts for entire next year and some of my opponents may read this. But if I could add vamp lord, it would give me additional combat unit, which would be nice.
My guess is that my opponents could be Woc, Doc, Helfs or Beastmen, Delfs, Dwarves times two, Lizards, Maybe CDwarves, Ogres, maybe another Ogre army, Maybe Skavens, Empire and small chance of Vampires.
So many variations. That tourney is actually 2000+400 list. So that 2000 couldn't change, but you can add 400 after you know the enemy.