• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Vampire Glassknife

Most players already should know about this, but I am posting it anyway.

The Vampire Glassknife is simpily a Vampire Lord eqquipped with a Frostblade, and the vampire powers Infinite Hatred, Beguile and Aura of Dark Majesty. Put him on a flying mount and charge him into you opponets highest costing lord, and let the cries of cheesiness begin.

When and when not to use this trick.
DO NOT use this against Malekith the Witch King or any character that can survive instant death attacks.
ONLY use this when you have accsess to 2 Lords, I cannot stress this enough people, you do not give this loadout to your Genreral unless you have insanely good dice rolling skills.
ONLY use a cheap flying mount, no Dragons or Abbysal Terrors.
DO NOT use this configuration against other characters with higher inititive, eg Dark Elves.

If you follow these rules, this is a very fun way to say stfu to your opponets high cost Lord (Brettonian Player-Hey look at my 600 point Knight that can cleave the faces of any of your units. You- Oh yeah, look at my 430 point Vampire with a Frostblade that just one hit said Knight.)

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Very interesting, btu as you stated it's definitely a GlassKnife.

I'd only run this at very high point levels, say....5K? Any time you're deliberately suiciding a Vampire Lord to take out another character it's a bad situation, as we rely on characters far more than other races. But, if your Lord is redundant, and you have any more to back him up.....

why not knock out a few Lord/Hero level characters? Could be fun.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
I've thought about running a similar Lord before, but I'd much rather take Avatar with Shield and Walking Death for the additional protection of the armour (3+ save on Hellsteed) and Combat Res.

Burnanation

Crypt Horror
I think I would rather spend the points on an uber flying caster and go raise crazy on units of zombies to keep enemy lord locked up.

Not locked up, dead. Devoid of life. Massacred. Not of this world. A dead enemy. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. You couldnt tie him up because there would be nothing left to tie up. My friend, it would be an ex-general. The frostblade instantly kills the opponet as soon as a wound is inflicted.

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Should be sweet as long as you're not up against the HE re-rollable 2+ AS of doom.