• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Just a heads up that a new Vampire Lord model will be available for a limited time from 30th of October to 7th of November.

Warhammer Community Link

"This Primaris Lieutenant With Storm Shield will be joined by the Vampire Lord Anasta Malkorion, with both miniatures available for a strictly limited time starting on Warhammer Day itself, the 30th of October, until the 7th of November. Anasta Malkorion will be available in stores and online, but you’ll only be able to acquire our brave Lieutenant from Games-Workshop.com."

VL1.jpg

Reactions: Oppenheimer

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Am I the only person that feels kind of meh about her? Tell me what you like about the model, I'd really like to know what I'm missing here.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I really like the upper part, especially the oversized collar and the boney top. The lower part is also nice, although the style/pose is very similar to that of Vellas von Faine from The Crimson Court so I wouldn't mind if it was somewhat different. Not a big fan of the head, but should be easily swappable, at least with some of the bun hairstyle vampire heads. But I'm still considering just leaving this head, because the overall Necrarch feel of the miniature is nice to see (and hope we might get more in the future).

Also think she would look nice alongside The Crimson Court. All in all, if the price won't be awful and the scalpers won't ravage the stocks, plan to get one.

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

N_Man79

Zombie
Jun 1, 2012
But who is she?
Interesting that we're getting a named character instead of a generic model like the marine.
Do you think she'll be linked to a particular story? A different blood line to in the book?
Is she the first of a 2nd wave?
So many question!

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
I really like the design. I'll definitely be picking them up. I'm glad you can buy it off the website too, rather than having to go to a store.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I honestly really love this model, head included. Definitely have to try to pick one up.

IMO all the recent vampire models have been really hitting the mark. A really nice aesthetic, imo. I just wish the rules for vampire heroes were a bit more impressive, and in particular allowed for a bit more customization, to better justify taking multiples of them. Yeah, there's the Anvil of Blood rules, but they're not legal for matched play and really poorly balanced making them not as fun as they should be even if you can find casual opponents willing to allow them.

A relatively minor complaint since the faction rules overall are pretty nice, and it won't stop me from picking up this model, but still.

N_Man79

Zombie
Jun 1, 2012
I agree with Sception. I would say though that the Vampire Lord's command ability is really good.
I've only played 2 games in 3.0 a quick playtest and a PtG game. In the first i used the standard vamp and in the second an anvil of blood home made character. I love the idea of the anvil but i was wishing i had the standard vamps command ability in the 2nd game.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
My thoughts immediately went towards an Avengorii or pre-vengorian vampire lord because of the hip armour and cage batlike collar thing.

Parts of it also brings me back to old Necrarch artwork. Just replace the sword with a staff of some kind and there you go, you got a more wizardy looking vampire!

Gederas

Grave Guard
Jun 15, 2021
Rhode Island
But who is she?
Interesting that we're getting a named character instead of a generic model like the marine.
Do you think she'll be linked to a particular story? A different blood line to in the book?
Is she the first of a 2nd wave?
So many question!
Simple: She's utterly no one and just has a name because they felt like giving her a name. 😅

GW often has "named characters" who aren't "Named Characters". The 500-store anniversary AoS model was a named Bladegheist Revenant (she just replaces a Bladegheist with a unique model), the previous AoS Store Birthday model was a "named" Guardian of Souls, all of the Chapter-specific Primaris Lieutenants have names, but aren't actually characters, etc

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
For me, it's a model of two halves. The bottom half looks fantastic, but the top half, especially the head, is very underwhelming. I'm much more of Lamian when it comes to vampiresses. I'm not a fan of the bestial and/or daemonic look at all. I will give this model a miss on that basis.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
For those who don't like the head specifically, it looks like it should be quite easy to replace, and the Blood Knight heads should fit pretty well, unless there's something weird going on with its scale - lately hero models have been at a pretty large scale, but the blood knights were too so it should be fine.

I personally like the head, but I'm half tempted to go with one of the non-helmeted lady blood knight heads with their hair up, just because I like those heads a lot & didn't use them on my own knights.

Sharkbe11y

Zombie
Oct 4, 2021
I plan to pick up this model and swap in one of the extra heads from the Blood Knights. Also--and this might sound crazy--I think I'll put her on a 25 or 32mm base.

N_Man79

Zombie
Jun 1, 2012
Simple: She's utterly no one and just has a name because they felt like giving her a name. 😅

GW often has "named characters" who aren't "Named Characters". The 500-store anniversary AoS model was a named Bladegheist Revenant (she just replaces a Bladegheist with a unique model), the previous AoS Store Birthday model was a "named" Guardian of Souls, all of the Chapter-specific Primaris Lieutenants have names, but aren't actually characters, etc
Well that peed on my bonfire didn't it?
Gederas you and your facts..... 😂

Anyone see the alternative build on the video GW put out today? What is that creature she's holding?

Posts merged. Please avoid making consecutive posts in such a short time frame and use the edit button instead - Iris.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
To me it looks like a baby drake (similar to the new ones that Stormcast are getting). It looks quite alive and not zombiefied.

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
Didn't know that I will have to wait 120 days for her, I guess I won't bother then.
I'm not in any huge rush. I still have the vampires from underworlds to paint first anyway.

And did you see there's a sale on some of the starter sets? I've never seen GW do a sale before. I ended up picking up Underworlds Direchasm just because of that and I've been a bit curious to try Underworlds.

Reactions: The Sun King

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu