• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Well finally I am going to finish my Vampire counts off, first off is the list I will be using, updates wont be that fast as I am working on 3 armies at the same times for warhammer (WoC revamp, finish my Dark elves and these guys) plus working to many days a week.

Basic theme of the list is going to be Lahiman and taking the idea of vampires who control the creatures of the night, rather than direwolves I am thinking of using Fenrisian wolves.

Model wise I just need to get a vampire (or redo the one of the ones I have), some extra zombies (actually not sure how many I need, I have 50 of the mantic ones, is extra 60 enough?), the direwolves and the werewolf pack.

Lords

Countess Aleera Jinette
Vampire Lord
- lvl3 Sorcerer
- Armour of Destiny
- Sword of Anti-Heroes
- Quick Blood
- Red Fury
Total 450pts s

Heroes

Countess Verona Jinette
Vampire
- lvl 1 sorcerer
- Additional Hand weapon
- Talismans of Preservation
- Quick Blood
Total 183pts

Troops

5 Direwolves
Total 40pts

5 Direwolves
Total 40pts

30 Skeleton Warriors
- Fullcommand
Total 180pts

Crazed Villagers
30 Ghouls
Total 300pts

Special

Cursed Teutogen Guard
27 Gave Guard
- Fullcommand
- Great weapons
- Banner of the Barrows
Total 404pts

Rare

Enslaved Skin Wolf
Varghulf
Total 175pts

Terrorgheist
Total 225pts

Vampire

ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord_1.jpg
ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord2.jpg

So basically this is going to be my general, I still have some work to do on her and I'm not 100% sure about the skirt color. I also need to find another vampire model. I'm thinking I will either bitz ordering one of the plastic vampires from the throne kit and then converting her to be on foot or just get hold of one the heads and use it with the avatars of war vampire, any suggestions?

Grave Guard

ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_GraveGuard_1.jpg

Well this is still really early work, not sure if I will be able to make all 29 like this, it really depends if I can find some more on ebay, I might have to get a box of greatswords and mix and match them abit (hopefully not). I wanted something which I hadn't seen before, any suggestions?

Next thing I need to do is decide on a new base for my Varghulf, I'm looking at getting a Resin base because frankly the current one looks a little lame

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Hey Logan! long time no see. Good to see that u're back, painting Vampires. I say go with the AoW female vampire. It is a great model and a joy to paint. Can't wait to see more xD

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Hah thanks guys :)

@ Desfer - Yeah, thats what I am thinking, I just hate the head on the model, will see what I can find on ebay :)

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
Love the vampire, very dynamic. I have a coven throne vamp going spare if you want one!

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
That might work well adding one of the coven girls head's to her.

So logan are you intrested in entering the monthly challenge in dying to help this month's it's for vampiress

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Nikos said:
Love the vampire, very dynamic. I have a coven throne vamp going spare if you want one!

Thanks!

That would be excellent, is it the main one?

Santawraith said:
That might work well adding one of the coven girls head's to her.

So logan are you intrested in entering the monthly challenge in dying to help this month's it's for vampiress

Well I been thinking either use the whole upper torso or just making a new skirt from greenstuff, I do like the AoW model but I didn't really get on painting the face, it just lacked detail, I think this is because it was one of the earlier models.

Oh really, i might well do that, I need to do something with the skirt, I don't think it works atm :(

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Well I wanted to keep the look of the model, I have a good idea of what I want to do and I think she will look pretty epic with some chaos warrior additional hand weapons :) I also need to get myself a load of chaos warrior halberds for my grave guard to use as the great weapons, I have a cunning plan :D

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Nice

If you remember right I have alot of the older older wight's that are very chaos looking so chaos themed undead are some of my favorite's .

Looking forward to seeing what ya do with your lovely lady.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Actually I do, I did like the older models, what I really want to go for is a corrupted Middelheim look, I have also been wondering how well the Mantic zombies will mesh with the empire swordsmen, I think it could create some very interesting looking models (would only be the front rank or two.

ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord3.jpg
ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord4.jpg
ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord5.jpg
ai289.photobucket.com_albums_ll219_Logoan054_Vampire_20Counts_VampireLord6.jpg

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
They are a bit smaller but I have not tried meshing them yet. I might now though that you mention it at least one just for fun.

Corrupt Middenhiem eh that sounds great

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Hmm, I might have to see if I can get my hands one one or two just to experiment, might even have some old empire laying about still :D

I think the theme works with the wolf idea, I'm sure they must have some werewolves lurking up that way ;) still not sure what werewolves to use, skin wolves or try and find some decent Rackham ones, I have vargar but I don't recall all the many looking that amazing apart for him :(

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
If you need more generic ones reaper has some that fit well as you seen in my plog there is only like three pose's though though they do have some undead werewolves too.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
I don't really like the undead looking ones, I think what ruins the wolfen models is some of the heads seem very strange, Vargar is perfect, why didn't they make more like him :(

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
It was but a suggestion I kinda like them, but they also fit part of a back story too.

So much is about preference, Ever think of converting some of your own? I have seen some pretty cool werewolf conversions before.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
logan054 said:
Thanks!

That would be excellent, is it the main one?

Pick which one you want and send me a pm. I'm not feeling the vamps at the mo and I would rather see you do something cool with her.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Santawraith said:
It was but a suggestion I kinda like them, but they also fit part of a back story too.

So much is about preference, Ever think of converting some of your own? I have seen some pretty cool werewolf conversions before.

Well I did have a look on the site because of the suggestion and see what they had, nothing wrong with the models per say, just I don't think they work with the them I'm going with or with existing model I have in my army.

I have thought about it, not sure I have the converting skills to be honest, I would have to have a look around the need and see what would make a good start for the model and see if I feel I can do it. I do like the skin wolves, I dunno if they will look right with Varghar is the problem.

Nikos said:
Pick which one you want and send me a pm. I'm not feeling the vamps at the mo and I would rather see you do something cool with her.

Ok great stuff, I will send you a PM in a sec :)

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
I'm looking for a few suggestions as to what to do about the grave guard, currently I have 16 teutogen guard and a old empire Hero I was planning on using as the unit champion (old full plate, helmet, point and halberd), looking about the net I am starting to think unless I'm willing to pay an arm and leg for another 10 teutogen guard (which I could probably buy 3 boxes of grave guard :( ) I need to find some models that I can easily convert into teutogen guard which won't look out of place with the rest of the unit. Its that or just find something else entirely to use and convert.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
I know a tutorial on this I work tonight but I'll find it tommarrow. I want to say They used chaos warrior bits and space wolves

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
That's good, cheers, had a look on eBay, only ones I could find are £62 + £9 postage, arg, I did see someone had converted some from Ricos pikemen, that's still £31 from gw. Doesn't look like a massive amount of work, just add some wolf bits and get a bunch of chaos warrior halberds. I did some work on the test one last night, sculpted some hands, changed the head and tried out the chaos halberds, it looks much better (will post pictures when I finally get home from work). Other option is I make a unit filler and try and get 4/5 guys instead.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Nice logan he is really looking good, glad you found a way of doing them. LOoking forward to seeing the entire unit.

how did you get the blue effect on that ax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu