• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester
hope you dont mind me starting this DoN...

anyhoo, this is my concept for the zombies to see what people think of it.

chiro zombietype:

-ws2 bs2 s3 t3 w1 i2 a1 ld6 special rules: fearless, combat algorithm

can be equipped with close combat weapons and light arm cannons or with arm cannons.

combat algoritm special rule: any unit with this rule, the unit size may be between 10 and 25, and due to the nature of the minute electrical impulses of the nanobots infesting these troops, greater concentrations of zombies result in a higher overall processing power for the nanobots as they work in concert, allowing them to increase the effectiveness of their combat protocol's with unit size. this means that for every 5 additional zombies above base unit strength 1 additional special weapon may be bought for the squad, up to a maximum of 4. in addition, when a chiropteran is attached to the unit the units leadership value matches that of the chiropteran.

what do you think?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
RE: unit stats-troops.

I don’’t mind, if you can make sure you name the thread as per the others I,e VC 40K – XXXXXXXX and also make the title clear, so for this one:

VC 40K – Zombie Unit Discussion

I think straight way I see an issue in that you have shown a weapons option for light arm cannons / arm cannons. As we have not developed and agreed in those rules yet, they can’t be present as options yet, as for example I disagreed with your light arm cannons suggestion in the other thread.

Stat wise, well we all know forums are crap at posting stats, so if we can all use the following layout, it makes it easier to read:

WS 2 / BS 2 / S 3 / T 3 / W 1 / I 2 / A 1 / Ld 6

Now the stats you have presented look fine, I think most will agree that the zombies need to have poor stats.

I like the combat algorithm idea, but would the unit be effectively able to use the special weapon? With BS 2 they would seem a waste to me. However perhaps if a Chiro was in the unit, they could interface with the unit, increasing their WS & BS by +1 pt each?

Finally I think we need a better name for them than zombies, it just doesn’t sound very 40Kish.

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester
RE: VC 40K – Zombie Unit Discussion

your right on the name, and as to the chiro boosting stats, i think we suggested something to that effect in the chiro thread?

and to weapon choices, its all provisional ofcourse, things'll change at every stage, i was simply going off what i was thinking at the time in terms of weapons...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

How about we call them Cadavers?
Automatons?
Auto-cadavers?
Infected?
Corpse Soldiers?
The back up dancers from thriller?

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester

continuing with the greaco-roman theme for naming, how about "automatoi"?

it is literally greek for "the automated ones" if memory serves....or am i wandering off on a pointless tangent with that? xD

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Automatoi(as discussed previously) - 5 points each

WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6

Composition: 10-40 Automatoi

Unit type: Infantry

Wargear: Selene Arm Blaster

Special rules: Fearless

I think we can actually go lower on their stats, their statline is actually better than a Grot's :!: . Larger squad size as befits their simple fodder nature. Also keeping it simple with no options whatsoever, as befits zombie fodder.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu