• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, so I know that a lot of us wanted to incoporate the bloodlines into the 40K version, which I agree on.

Basically I think the houses could be based on the most prominent and powerful Progenitors, of which I think there are 19?

So we could create say 6, which are the most potent and powerful, then leave the other ones so if anyone wants to create their own house when playing they can do.

So the first question is, are we going to use the concepts of the fantasy bloodlines and simply translate them across, or mix things up a bit?

Personally I think we should mix things up slightly. Maybe like Necrarch's in 40K being gun-mages or something, pistol wielding crack shots who can fire different elemental bullets etc.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
When I saw the title, for a moment I thought you meant houses as in dwellings. Was a tad confused.

I was thinking that the necrarch equiv would be nanotech experts. The ones who still wear robes and are machine obsessed like their tech priest ancestors.
The pistol crack shots could be another house, and they could also be duelists and wanderers, and even join other houses armies for some pistol whipping fun/mercenary work.
An exiled house would be another idea, like the strigoi.
Then maybe a bloodthirsty, brutal combat house, like the Blood Dragons, but more brutal and less honourable perhaps. Or maybe we can go the other way and make them super honourable.
Then perhaps a mysterious, secretive house that favours intrigue and deception.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Oh yes, if you do a direct translation, then Necrarch's would be nanotech experts, that may work how to enhance their psyker abilities with them.

But what I was suggestion was perhaps changing them a little? Instead of doing a copy, add some variations? But then it might be difficult to do things like that..........

Anyway, some idea for the different houses:

Duellists: This house prizes guns above all others. They are sharp shooters, generally using fast firing pistols with pin-point accuracy. Their psykers are known as Gun Mages, using their psyker powers to enchant their guns and fire elemental bullets etc.

Purists: This house believes that the nanobots are their salvation, that technology should be prized above all. They have a higher concentration of nanobots, and most of their bodies have been replaced with technology. As such they are tougher, stronger, however they are also very unstable.

Shadowmancers: This house is very secretive, and keeps to themselve. Not much is known about them, yet their touch reaches far. They have unparalleled stealth technology, and in battle strike with surgical precision that can leave the enemy reeling.

Hmmmm, not so different after all. But you get the idea. Now what about the rest of you? Any ideas?

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I always thought of Necraches in VC 40k as 'nanomancers'. They would use nanobots, implants, etc to perform feats and abilities like telekinesis, x-ray vision and invisibility, as depicted in many sci-fi games like System Shock, Mass Effect, and Deus Ex. Basically they would use nanobots, implants, etc to do the same things psykers do without touching the Warp the way psykers do. Gun Mages can be a variant or an alternate branch of this house.

BTW, the Chiros themselves will not be using psychic powers the way the rest of the 40k armies do I take it, so no Warp-usage? Or are they already psykers and using nanotech to supplement it?

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester
something we could do with a strigoi equivalent, would be that we could have the chiro experimenting on abhumans-ogryns or whatever sub-specie we cook up. this could be frowned upon by the chiro at large, who may have decreed that any augmented being must be "pure" human or "pure" cythor i.e. no mutation in them.

basically, what im envisioning this strigoi analogue as is not so much twisted abomination in their own right, but rather chiropterans who are "morally" monstrous from the perspective of the standard chiro; they dabble and they "dirty" nanomancy by using it on impure creatures. where the typically strigoi part comes in would be that this strigoi-analogue would through experimentation fashion themselves some pretty damned monstrous bodyguards, all full of claws and other ghoulish things, and would prefer the company of their abominations to the company of the "civilised" chiro-cythor culture.

what do people think?

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I reckon perhaps we could make the Strigoi be a house that use abhuman or alien dna to try and make themselves more powerful, but ended up being monsters and getting cast out by the rest of Chiro society.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu