• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I was thinking, inspired by a zombie dragon lord thread, and by pics of Deathwing the Black Dragon for the upcoming World of Warcraft Catclysm Expansion.
So heres the idea. In World of Warcraft, dragons are often intelligent, and can be villains in their own right. So how about A vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, counting as a powerful dragon which has raised its own army of the undead?
Heres the way i'm thinking of doing him.

Cre'Zhak, Spawn of Destruction.

Cre'Zhak's head (Vampire Lord)
-Infinite Hatred
-Red Fury
-Armoured Visage (Avatar of Death, Heavy Armour+ hand weapon/shield)
-Fearsome Maw (Frostblade)
-Cre'Zhak's body (zombie dragon mount)
-Ancient Power (Extra Magic Level)

The idea behind it is that the "vampire lord" represents Cre'Zhaks head, while the "zombie dragon" is his body. Infinite Hatred and Red Fury represent his ancient and terrible rage and his thirst for blood, while avatar of death is there for a better armour save on the vampire lord (head), representing his horns/scales/etc protecting his face. The Frostblade represents the fact that his jaws are so fearsome, if he chomps down on you, its a fatality. He is also magically powerful, so much so that even if you chop of his head, there is a chance his body will continue fighting. I quiet like the imagry of a LOTR/WoW style dragon villain steeped in ancient power and hatred. My plan is to model him out of gs once I have had some practice, with the head being removable to represent it being cut off and the "zombie dragon mount" surviving, as I do believe monstrous mounts sometimes do when their rider dies.

Any thoughts? Flames? Laughs? Ideas?

edit: Here is the pic which inspired this crazy idea:
thumb_big_normal_ae054bce1a41292f220d9ef5f54aee3a.jpg

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I think it sounds like a rather cool idea myself, just make sure that the part that's representing the Vampire Lord is detachable - you'll need to have it running around on a 20mm base if the "Dragon" itself is destroyed prematurely. ;)

A Chaos Dragon is generally portrayed with two heads instead of one, but I think that the "regular" variety would fit better with your imagery.

On another note, I remember adoring Deathwing back in Warcraft 2. He spoke in a really creepy voice and had, like, 4x the hit points of any other Dragon. As long as you stayed clear of missile towers he'd rock the fort on his own. :devil2:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Here are the equipement options I am looking at for this (it counts as a vamp lord on a dragon)
Frostblade
or
dreadlance +armour of the night+ talisman of protection
or
dreadlance+ cadaverous cuirass + talisman
or
blood drinker + cadaverous cuirass + wristbands of black gold + talisman of protection
or
Blood Drinker+ Nightshroud+ wristbands of black gold.

Remembering that the vampiric powers that are going on this are Red Fury, Infinite Hatred and Avatar of Death (hand weapon+shield version)
So...thats a lvl 3 wizard (If I purchase +magic lvl upgrade)
with
4 ws7/str5/I7 attacks that are re-rollable and have the possibility of up to 4 more from Red fury
and also
5 ws6/s6/I2 attacks that are also re-rollable.
that also flies and causes terror.
So, which Item combo should I go for?
And also, does armour of the night/nightshroud/cuirass/wristbands of black gold carry over to the mount when it comes to their effects? I am pretty sure wristbands dont, but am unsure about the others.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Sanai said:
And also, does armour of the night/nightshroud/cuirass/wristbands of black gold carry over to the mount when it comes to their effects? I am pretty sure wristbands dont, but am unsure about the others.

They do not, unfortunately. An item needs to specify that explicitly if it is to affect the wearer's mount as well. Also, the Armour of Night is only usable my a model on foot~

Anywho, I suggest that you go for The Balefire Spike + Infinite Hatred combination. Remember that the "Vampire" will lose the use of his Lance if the "Dragon" is destroyed (a very real possibility, sadly), and the Spike is a lot less of an investment when compared to the Dreadlance. Having Flaming Attacks with Red Fury and Infinite Hatred will also let you engage things such as Hydras with confidence. The Blood Drinker is sweet in its use to let you heal the Dragon up in close combat but leaving your Lord at S5 can really come back to bite you in the rear, in my experience. :)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I really like the concept, and that dragon picture is good. However I don't like the idea of the "head" running around if the body is killed. Perhaps you could say that if the dragon is killed, the spirit within survives in a lesser form, but still substantial enough to be harmed by normal weapons?

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Thats what I was thinking DoN. Some kind of vengeful dragon spirit running around killing things. I wish I had the rulebook, would make this so much easier (as I don't actually know what Killing Blow/lances/etc actually do) Well, not worth the investment as the new rulebook comes out soonish.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu