• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

VC/Kislev mashup

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Alright, just returned from Adepticon with a Glass Cannon if there ever was one of a VC list. When it went well, it went VERY well. When it went bad it went VERY bad. Heck, in 2 games on day 2 it was going very very well, and quickly turned ugly due to the nature of my list and some good old fashioned bad luck-(and 2 giant blunder headed moves by myself, both of which I keep reliving in my head over and over.
Soooooo.... One of my pals down there said "Nick, you're too good of a player to be playing with an auto lose button". That got me thinking. I LOOOOOVE playing VC, but it pains me greatly to have such a linchpin in the army.
At a local gaming shop, they've had some Kislev boxes on the shelves for what seems ages, so today, after work, I sped down there and picked up what I could. I want to do a VC/Kislev mashup Empire list using my never used GG as Greatswords, Gryphon legion Cav, Winged Lancers, Kossars for detachments... What to do with dude on bear?
How can these 2 armies combine to make an original force??? How else to tie in VC, Black or Blood Knights would fit in nicely, but what other units from VC make this work visually and practically??

The Sun King

Imperator
True Blood
Nice idea.. well the obvious choice is to go infantry heavy. Problem is that the best Empire armies out there is spamming 1+ AS :( Which means that your mashup might be a bit subpar.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
for real? your LGS had kislev stuff on the shelf????
J-C , are you reading this;)

cool idea. post progressxD

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Wait really BBB? Check out my paint blog mate as i am doing the same thing as you and i solved the bear problem

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Weird! Ya, I nabbed 2 boxes of gryphon legion, a box of winged lancers, 1 box of kossars, command blister, and boyar. As well as dude on bear. There's still 2 boxes of kossars there and 2 more tzars. Was thinking polar bear Demi's, but that's a Lotta Ching for a 3 man unit.