• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

VC Small Warband

Trentonator

Crypt Horror
Okay, what exactly is a good army list for a 200 point warband for VC.

I went with

Necro

8 skellies
HW and shield

3 Dire Wolves

4 Ghouls

That battle they got owned... So I tried again.
I swapped the Necro out for a Wight Lord w/ halberd and HA

I kicked butt in that one.

But still, I didn't really like the overall outcome, any easy ways you see to improve it?

Necro/Wight Lord/Strigoi Thrall and then as many Ghouls as you can afford. Ghouls are pretty overpowered in small games actually. Might be boring, but I think it'd work. ;)

Trentonator

Crypt Horror
well you can't have a Thrall in Small warbands, max hero points cost is 75 and no magic anything.

And I was pretty stupid in the first game, I was casting the 3+ instead of 7+ IoN.

Trentonator

Crypt Horror
no they don't have to in Warbands. There's special rules for every army and that's the VC's, It says your hero need not be a caster. And for background reasons they just say he's off the battlefield. So basically your undead don't crumble from your "commander" dieing.