• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

VC+TK+Chaos vs DW+HE+LZ 1500pts each

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Hey, we're doing a game this Saturday, 3v3, Evil vs Good. The board is tiny, 4' x 4'. Rules are each army is separate, our spells can't help each other (staff of damnation). Each army generates 2 PD and 2 DD

The HE will be bringing a single bolt thrower and magic, no idea about DW or LZ.

I'm unsure how to gear up for this fight or what tactics to use. I know they can field an awful lot of shooting. The board is small however, so small chance of flanking. I'm thinking a lot of RnF is the way to go... zombies, 2 necromancers and a thrall, let TK and Chaos hit... suggestions?

Vc arent evil! sorry back on topic.....id say large and when i mean large very large units of infantry..and defenitely a strong centre of Grave Guard...also tell me what bloodline your playing and maybe well get some more progress..

Beware the HE sun dragon, bloominglethal at 1500 points! And I know cause I faced one yesterday... My advice take BK and lots of em...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Chaos Army: (Undivided)
Exalted Champion
Sword of might, Armour of Damnation, Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer lvl 2, Fire
Warrior Familiar, Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer lvl 2, Fire
Power Familiar

4 Chosen Chaos Knights
FC (how is this written, 3 normal units + 1 champion)

4 Chosen Chaos Knights
naked, heavy armour, barding (not sure if barding is regular or not for CKs)

5 Mounted Marauders
Champion, Throwing Axes, Flails, Shields

Chaos Chariot
2 Tuskgor Chariots
Giant (mutant monstrosity)

TK Army
Tomb Prince - General
GW, Armour of the Ages, Vembraces of the Sun

Liche Priest - Hierophant
Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest
Dispell Scroll, Hieratic Jar

14 Skeleton Warriors - Bows
15 Skeleton Warriors
FC, LA

4 Skeleton Chariots
Standard, Musician

22 Tomb Guard
FC, Banner of the Undying Legion

Bone Giant

VC army (Von Carstein:
Thrall
WolfForm, Flayed Hauberk, GW

Necromancer lvl 2 (Necromancy)
Staff of Damnation

Necromancer lvl 2 (Necromancy)
BoA, Disp. Scroll

6 BlackKnights
Champion, Standard, BoB

25 Grave Guard
Standard, Musician, Warbanner

7 DireWolves + 1 Doomwolf (8 total) (Thrall goes here)
5 Direwolves
6 Fellbats
10 zombies (necros go here, probably behind GG unit)
11 zombies, musician, standard (will stick to the side of the grave guard unit to counter charge or prevent a flank)
5 Ghouls
5 Ghouls

DarkHand6

Grave Guard
looks solid - i assume the fell bats are 2 units of 3?
one unit of 5 would probably be better then u could add a few more zombies to the bunker

otherwise looks like a good combo - plenty of raising and chaos hurtiness

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Edited the Army List; I think this thread should now be moved into the army list section...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Outcome: after much cheating by the 'good' guys, it was a draw. The dwarves had a gun line that we hit with a giant, the pack of direwolves with a thrall, and 6 fell bats. I thought they should have fled after losing CR, but he said they had gunners pride and never flee. He also had a unit of iron breakers, that all of a sudden had the oath stone (he never nominated that they had it until we charged them) but they broke anyways when hit by a TK bone giant and Tomb Guard with a Tomb Prince in it.

Other cheating highlights: We had turn 1. I advanced dire wolves, fell bats, and giant in position to hit gun line. On their turn, the dwarves that were side by side the war machines moved forward 2 inches. We charged the gun lines, winning every fight (they didn't flee from fear because of gunner's pride, I know now that it doesn't grant ITP), then on their turn, the dwarves turned 90 deg, then charging to hit my thrall unit. A HE cavalry unit hit it in the other flank. When that unit went pop from CR, on the overrun move they swivelled 90 deg and moved instead of going straight forward into each other.

I raised a unit of 13 zombies in front of his cannon units. He had a unit of iron breakers in their front arc and within charge range, but wouldn't be able to fit all 25 of them in combat (not enough room between the zombies and cannons, a mere 1 inch). So he moved his ironbreakers to the edge of the cannons and formed up my zombies on his guys, giving his cannons a clear line of fire.

Anyways, they cheated all game and my partners were always outside smoking so I couldn't catch/argue them all (since I'm the most inexperienced/newest player). In the end though, a tie.