• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Well, i was starting making a blog of my undeads on lustria online to share my progress with their topic "Let's get motivated" and then... What am i doing ? Sharing vampire stuff on lizardmen forum while not sharing on the vampire one ?

So let's doing it. Hope you'll enjoy my humbles minis

img_2010.jpg

Some carstein family

img_2011.jpg

My good old Mordheim Team, with a future version of Manesh'k : Mandrak

mandrak_detail_by_vg11k-db90a23.jpg

img_2014.jpg

Black knights on spectral cold-ones
img_2031.jpg

img_2026.jpg

img_2018.jpg

To the tavern said our master ! Quick quick quick !

img_2010.jpg

Some giant bats

img_2020.jpg

img_2034.jpg

The never played vampire knights

mr_bon10.jpg

A little guy who joined my troops last year​

No zombis, skeletons or ghouls for now. I'll take new pictures of them with better light than repost old crappy ones from the french forum where i'm from.

Finally, the last painted from the lustrian challenge, my ghast/hulking ghouls/flesh golems or whatever...
des_golems_ou_des_goules_monstrueuses___by_vg11k-dc8oh4f.png
No one really knows what these creatures are. Several similarities can be noted with the degenerated species of ghouls : the pale skin, insatiable appetite for dead flesh, notable resistance to pain and disease, aversion to light... Yet an expert in the field would point out that the similarities stop there. These things are neither living nor undead. They are parodies of non-life, amalgams without souls composed of several corpses animated by some sorceries. These unnatural aberrations are the very definition of puppets in the hands of sorcerer's apprentices. And yet. When we discovered them desecrating a vault, their master was no longer. The necromancer having the madness - or genius, I could not decide - to breathe life into them.... paid a high price. His death should have taken these creations with him. History forget until their existence. And yet. Those monsters are still out there somewhere.

And since it's a progress log section, in coming months i hope i'll get time and motivation to start this big one
img_2039.jpg

Also, for next month "let's get motivated", i hope to color two brothers for this cute guy :
4forum10.jpg
GW call them Morghast Archai, 9th Winged Reaper... for myself i prefer to call them Baneful Seraphim.
I'll try to get a better background for family picture when the two others will be done.

Now the moment i got a big doubt... i've enjoyed and started this paint log with the "let's get motivated" from lustriaonline... did you got one i've missed for months ? I should be whipped if yes xD

Last edited:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Sorry for the late reply! Welcome to the plog section, good to see yet another one here - and so interesting too!

First, the characters. I really like the Carsteins and your Mordheim team look alike and yet are very different and easily recognizable, good use of color there! Konrad von Carstein and that Skaven engineer are probably my favourites there.

Then, the 'Black' knights - it's probably first time I see Cold One riders used for this purpose and it turned out very well, that cold color scheme really fits them! ;) On the corpse cart I like the driver the most, he looks so grim... it's fits such a character so well it almost hurts ;) The giant bats have a very good gargoyle quality to them and the vampire knights look just kickass. That black-red-silver color scheme works on them spledidly. I also made my Blood Knights out of chaos ones and I have to tell that your choice of the banner makes me reconsider my past decisions ;) What heads did you use for them?

Nice work on those flesh golems too. I like how one of them has differently-colored skin, but it would be probably even better if all of them had slightly different skintones - that would reinforce the 'created out of found corpses' look. But that's just my opinion ;) Nice piece of story too!

Undead Wyvern looks super cool and very promising! I don't know if I ever saw it here on CN - would be nice to see it painted. And that, man, he is great! I see that's both the conversion and the painting are super simple, but it looks brilliant. Great baroque look!

Keep up with the good work and keep showing us the results ;)

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Hey

Thanks for your comment and the analyze of my minis. From someone with a "plog" section as your, i really enjoy it - i'm still chocked by your zombi swarm unit...

The druchii cold-ones as black knights was an idea from a gw seller and i probably don't have thank him enought for it. As well as the vampire knights conversion from chaos knights. Their heads are from an high-elf box, a friend gave me in exchange for skull heads. But i don't know in wich set he took them. Also pleased you like my Crypt Guards banner. Usually peoples ask me why did i draw nothing on them xD

I like how one of them has differently-colored skin
in fact, the different one was my color test. I liked it but it wasn't what i wished for. So i kept it and tried again for the two others...

I'm still seeking motivation to work on the wyvern. It's just based in black for now. But this one is not on my todo-list for now. I'll gladly share it here when it'll be.

For my Seraphim, i stole the idea from @DessTelain on twitter who also did a great job. This creature got two little brothers still drying right here. Wanna work again on them soon. With 4 zombis, a color-test of Hexwraith (or Lymbo Horseman as i call them, because Hexwraith didn't mean anything in my language) and a very old conversion of chaos dwarf, they are on my list of May (of Let's fet motivated thread, on Lustriaonline & french vampire forum)

DocteurQui

Skeleton
Apr 21, 2018
Netherlands
Looking really cool! Love the way your black knights on cold ones look, and I especially like the little lantern holding guy. As what do you play him? Necromancer?

Really interested in how the wyvern is going to turn out! Please keep us updated! :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ouh, kinda missed this here. Nice stuff you have there so far, I REALLY like the Seraphim! That's one extremely good looking Gent, finally something great coming out of those Morghast idea (I for myself see them as the ugliest models GW popped out for the undead...). Nice work dude, keep it up!

Reactions: Borgnine

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Love the way your black knights on cold ones look
Everybody loves cold ones ^^

As what do you play him? Necromancer?
Usually yes. Ben when i don't need necromancer or already have one on foot it's a simple creepy guy.

Really interested in how the wyvern is going to turn out! Please keep us updated!
i will as soon as i start painting her. Promise. But there is few little guys i want to color before starting with this huge one. The biggest of my collection in fact.
Even my undead dragon is smaller (even for a dragon this model is small... he die still young xD)

I REALLY like the Seraphim!
Nice work dude, keep it up!
Thank you !
I share your opinion. I'm not convinced by gw design but i kind of like the idea of hulking undead golem (ogre skelton base maybe ?) for elite troops.
In fact, i'm not the one who get the idea. It's https://twitter.com/DessTelain who was happy his idea inspired me.

Here my montlhy painted minis :

My bat swarms from the previous month but i forgot to share here
211.jpg

My first Lymbo Horsemen. As i see the result, i'll keep this simple pattern for the next ones.
And now family picture. I got time to color two brothers.
img_2020.jpg
img_2018.jpg
And, well, since it will be a knightmare (hoho i made a joke in english...) to carry if i wish to play with them, i took advantage of the magnets i put on wings and base :
img_2015.jpg
Note that i store every mini in transparent box like this one. Nice to expose on my shelf and quick to pick for a battle.

Last edited:

DocteurQui

Skeleton
Apr 21, 2018
Netherlands
Again some really lovely looking models! The way you painted the hexwraith (or limbo horseman) looks really cool and gives it quite an eery and ghostly look!

Wait you've got another undead dragon? Show it to us! :D

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Thanks for the horsemen. I already started the four next.

Wait you've got another undead dragon? Show it to us!
Well, yes and no. The one i've linked a month ago is an Undead Wyvern, so it could be played as an Abyss Terror for VC v7 or v8 (not sure about the english name of these unit...). I also bought the red dragon mini from reaper that i intended to paint as an undead one .

But once i got him, he was far smaller than i expected. Half the size of the wyvern. But still, it's a dragon mini. I'll deal with him later, after the wyvern. For now he's not even stuck and idk if i'll convert him physically (wounds, guts and cie) or just apply a spooky color schema. My young little undead dragon...

Last edited:
Reactions: DocteurQui

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Wow, those are really cool bats! Those blue wings look really good on them, they make a good cold background for those warmly-colored feral faces :) Shame they're only in one pose.

The Seraphim look amazing, that's an unit to be envious about ;) Stone'y, flying, terrifying angels, what's not to love? xD Good call on magnetizing them, those wings look fragile as hell.

That Reaper dragon looks plenty cool. Making its wings look tattered should be easy, but I am not sure about tearing holes and other wounds in its body... but maybe some missing scales? Or an empty eye socket? Just throwing some ideas around ;)

BTW, thanks for sharing my pictures on the french forum :)

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
You've got a little great looking conversion going in here! Keeps the great work!
Wow, those are really cool bats!
The Seraphim look amazing, that's an unit to be envious about
Thanks guys !

Shame they're only in one pose.
Yep. If it wasn't the case i would have buy far more models.

For the dragon i was thinking about the kind of wounds this guy did on the Horde Dracodile (An amazing mini btw) => http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/02/privateer-zombify-the-dracodile.html
But i think it will hard since the dragon is far smaller than the dracodile. But an empty eye socket and wings holes seems possibles. Wanna see when i start working on it, so not soon sadly. But i'll keep you in touch about it. Just like when i'll start paint my wyvern.

BTW, thanks for sharing my pictures on the french forum
My pleasure. On discord they wanted to see some work i saw here and was sometimes speaking of. I'm currently sharing more stuff on this tchat, flooding the whole french community with vampirecounts.net and lustriaonline stuff xD

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Here we go ! New month finished new mini painted !!

First my monthly four zombis (please do no judge about the color, i made a poll about... )

img_2010.jpg

And now the new Lymbo Horsemens, just before a full-squad shooting !

img_2012.jpg

img_2011.jpg

img_2013.jpg

img_2014.jpg

Also, i tagged in a drawing contest on french Bretonnian forum. Here's a little thing i made.

team_squad_for_drawing_contest_by_vg11k-dcety9p.png

It's a bit off-subject, "not Bretonnian enought" but well... They are characters of my own and i really wished to draw then (digitaly obviously) but was seeking the motivation to do.
This contest was an opportunity like another .​

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And what did the poll say about those zombies? Blue ones look interesting! They look like frozen - but that would look probably better with winter basing ;) Lymbo Horsemen turned out very cool as well, that dark color fits them well. Fire could be brighter, though - right now it blends with those dark, dulled robes a bit too much - and fire tends to be more vibrant.

The drawing is nice too! They're indeed look more Empire than Bretonnian ;) Cool idea with that faux-pegasus :thumbsup:

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Thank !
The poll told me BLUE. So here are the smurfs xD

Also, a little family picture with the previous generations just behind

IMG_20180703_240456390-01.jpeg
I also just bought a parlour game "Zombicide" wich contain 60 zombi minis... so right now i got 130 ones :o

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
What am i doing ? Sharing vampire stuff on lizardmen forum while not sharing on the vampire one ?
Indeed! I'm glad you decided to share with us as you have some amazing models. Loving the ingenuity with the conversions. As everyone else seems to have said, love the spectral cold-ones and Baneful Seraphim - I've not seen any of the latter converted like that.

I'm excited about the Wyvren conversion, it's a fantastic model will monstrous as the undead!

So, will you be turning all your zombies into Smurfs, or take a poll each month and possibly end up with a zombie rainbow? Feel free to post one here as well xd

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Thanks !

The Wyvern... i'm still not brave enought to start painting her. And the lack of free time doesn't really help currently. For the smurfs i don't think it will end as a rainbow. I hope at least.
A poll to decide the color of next four zombies ? Mmmh... as you share the idea i start to be afraid of the possible results xD

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
as you share the idea i start to be afraid of the possible results
Or excited! Think of the possibilities! xd And how unique the unit would be!

I know what you mean about free time, it's a juggling act at times with life, hobbies etc

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
New month, new minis !

I've not do so many models thought so you'll get a little bonus.

First, my monthly four zombis with my own version of the Banshee :

img_2019.jpg

And now my fourth Seraphim. Still two to go and the unit will be full colored !

img_2020.jpg
Aaaan that's all i've done for this month. I knew i would have been short with writing events on french forum and admin stuff.

Now i spoke about a bonus. Here we go. Warhammer is not the first tabletop game i've played. Not really...

I'll share more of my LotR mini later. I need to keep a few in case next month i don't paint much more xD

If you're curious about what i play in this other game, my army is the Angmar and his north fortress Carn Dum. It's the first kingdom of the Witch-King who bring down the Arnor - the brother kingdom of the Gondor - and destroyed Aragorn inheritance. Also, it's this army who burnt the Amon-Sul watchtower where Frodo got stabbed by the same Nazgul leader.

Last edited:

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
The cold one wights are inspired!
Yeah i'm proud of them ^^

I've not paint so much this month, but now i'm done with two units i was working on at the same time. And for the first one, it deserve a short introduction...

The origin of this creatures has been lost in the depths of history, offspring from the genius of twisted minds. Probably they were heroes of their time, defeated and perverted by darkness. They are now ghosts endowed with terrible power and animated by forgotten rituals. These knights are the elite of the non-living and descend upon their prey from the heavens. They ignore armor and shelters, smashing their targets as if they were just twigs.
Long before seeing them, however, the very few witnesses who survived their encounter report that they giggle while shredding their prey, expressing themselves through child voices contrasting with their appearance. These disembodied laughter swearing with their nature are one more proof of the evil that these abominations represent. And the discomfort they leave behind leaves an eternal scar. As I write these lines, I feel sorry for the poor being describing these monsters to me. Caught in the guts by memories he would rather keep buried, the unfortunate is shaken with tears.
Whether you are warm under your bedsheets, leading an army or lost in the woods, fear these innocent laughter. They are the baneful omen that the Seraphim are close...

Here come the Baneful Seraphim

seraph10.png.jpg

And the second unit i finished who also is my second zombi pack :

zombies__second_unit_by_vg11k-dclesl5.png

And that's all for this month. I don't think i'll be able to do much for September, so i'll just work on one mini. I guess i'll finish it for October or later, but...

Something BIG is coming :happy:
previe10.png.jpg

Last edited:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Those seraphim look amazing, like a band of furious angels that just escaped from some dark, baroque painting :thumbsup: Zombies with all the different skintones look great too!

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Thanks for your comments :happy:

Well, as i said one month ago, i started my undead wyvern. But as expected, one month was too short to paint it all. Only three of the four parts are colored now. So it's a wip.

I added my own character, my kazstellan and crypt guards for size and color references.

undead_wyvern_wip_by_vg11k-dco983s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Unas the slayer

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Holy frack, this thing looks A M A Z I N G! Scary, etheral and massive, that's one hell of a centerpiece - great work on those wings, the effect is great and the color works great together with that rust! Thanks for including the scale, too, really helps to visualize the size of it :) I'm only worried, won't it just snap near the belly the moment you'll look at it angrily, it looks very fragile...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu