• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Vietnamese Spammers

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
These seem to be a bit of a perennial problem. Are there any anti-spam mods which could be added to stop them from being able to register in the first place? Or perhaps just adding more anti-spam questions to the registration pages could help? Another possibility may be to block IP ranges from Vietnam (if that's where they are actually coming from) to stop them from being able to register or post here.

What do you think?

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Unfortunately the spammers seem to have broken the xenforo spam protection- the floodgates are still holding back a lot though.

The latest wave has actually been a relatively sophisticated trick. I'm looking into what can be done but for now we'll try to reduce our response times on deleting them.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
I've tried something new that hopefully should solve out problems. If anybody sees anything please report it so I can look into making the forum even more secure.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Thus far, I see no spammers, so whatever you've done seems to have worked :).